• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,775
  • Views 1,157,453

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Would have thought Sweet would be a no-brainer?
Yeah, surprised by that as well, he was called up by England along with Norton-Cuffy, he also was a big part of that team who won the 7 a side tournament.

@MutableEarth what do you think about Khayon Edwards? He seems to be rather prolific and have interesting physical conditions. Excited for there to be academy football again, miss following this lot and would've liked to have seen Patino, Hutchinson, Bandeira, Edwards, Flores etc. at U18 level this spring.

Re: your comments on Hutchinson above I hope he's developed as a creative attacking midfielder. He looks like a technical and creative player and we really need that, hopefully we get an interesting first team prospect out of him and Cirjan there.

Next season will be a big one for Taylor-Hart, Azeez, and Cirjan-- need to stay healthy and make their mark at U23s to make themselves part of first-team plans. Especially Azeez I'm really hoping is fast-tracked into the first team, would be great to have him developing behind a place-holder like Danilo.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, surprised by that as well, he was called up by England along with Norton-Cuffy, he also was a big part of that team who won the 7 a side tournament.

@MutableEarth what do you think about Khayon Edwards? He seems to be rather prolific and have interesting physical conditions. Excited for there to be academy football again, miss following this lot and would've liked to have seen Patino, Hutchinson, Bandeira, Edwards, Flores etc. at U18 level this spring.

Re: your comments on Hutchinson above I hope he's developed as a creative attacking midfielder. He looks like a technical and creative player and we really need that, hopefully we get an interesting first team prospect out of him and Cirjan there.

Next season will be a big one for Taylor-Hart, Azeez, and Cirjan-- need to stay healthy and make their mark at U23s to make themselves part of first-team plans. Especially Azeez I'm really hoping is fast-tracked into the first team, would be great to have him developing behind a place-holder like Danilo.
Edwards looks very, very promising - looks to have shades of Balogun with his ability to score as well as carry the ball. Will be interesting to see how he develops in the U18s, as he'll possibly be the main man - although Luke Plange looks poised to be the starter.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

He's repeating this again.. @MutableEarth @Afro Mugo @Geofranco who do you think he's referring to?
Initially I had a hunch it was Yunus Musah. He was a perfect midfielder tbf. Only Azeez was close to him.

Most likely, however, it's Trae Coyle. He was just after Nelson and as a schoolboy he was one of the highest rated players of his age in the country. A regular for England, and an excellent technician of the highest quality for his age as well as a good athlete. Big things were expected initially. I have hope that he can still make an impact here, such is his ability.

I'm quite sure it wasn't Hutchinson, he'd have been way too young.

Afro Mugo

He's repeating this again.. @MutableEarth @Afro Mugo @Geofranco who do you think he's referring to?
Im not a fan of the quote to be honest as I can remember when Liam Brady spoke the same about a young talent in the academy and raised expectations then nothing came of it. If I were to take a guess I'd think it's definitely either of Trae Coyle Azeez or Musah as the 3 have always stood out from a very young age. Though it may also be Amaechi. Something about Omari ; people really need to slow down on him . He rose to fame because of his freestyle videos but he will need time. In his age group , I would begin a conversation on Patino who's been the standout talent since he joined as an u11 from Luton . Marcelo Flores and Zane Monlouis are probably ahead in their development right now. So let's slow down on Omari . He's starting to fill out his body so he may rapidly develop .

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Something about Omari ; people really need to slow down on him . He rose to fame because of his freestyle videos but he will need time. In his age group , I would begin a conversation on Patino who's been the standout talent since he joined as an u11 from Luton . Marcelo Flores and Zane Monlouis are probably ahead in their development right now. So let's slow down on Omari . He's starting to fill out his body so he may rapidly develop .
He's very talented and popular but I'd like to see how he responds to U18 football first before anything else. Flores, Monlouis, Bandeira and Patino have all contributed at U18 level already. Even Edwards has appeared despite the overpresence of CFs throughout the academy. They're clearly taking time with Hutchinson.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Musah would make sense as the talent he would pick out, but given the ages of the other names mentioned it would be a bit weird, there’s 3-4 years of difference between them and he will have been very young with he left.

Hope we can buy him back from Valencia some day, he looks an electric talent.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Could be Smith-Rowe. Sort of in the middle of the Nelson and Coyle generation. Slightly younger than Nelson and a little older than Coyle. Too bad Musah wanted to leave, such a powerful midfield prospect with good technique to boot.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

Interesting news. He certainly fills gaps in terms of creativity. Very good technically, great shot on him. Nice acceleration. The u23 and u18 team will be interesting next season. Not sure what to expect.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Mitchell

Monlouis
Awe
Foran
Jeffcott
Norton-Cuffy

Patino
Bandeira
Gaspar
Henry-Francis
Sweet

Hutchinson
Sagoe Junior
Edwards
Vigar

Hopefully Flores was just forgotten as JB says in his article, the club mentioned a couple more will be added.

This is an incredible group @MutableEarth

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Mitchell

Monlouis
Awe
Foran
Jeffcott
Norton-Cuffy

Patino
Bandeira
Gaspar
Henry-Francis
Sweet

Hutchinson
Sagoe Junior
Edwards
Vigar

Hopefully Flores was just forgotten as JB says in his article, the club mentioned a couple more will be added.

This is an incredible group @MutableEarth
Most of them youth internationals, some of the best in their position in the country (at their age group). This is way stronger than even our 99 group. This could be the best since our Youth Cup winners in 08. I think only Chelsea's are potentially better, although I've heard Citys group are really strong.

Best thing about this group is the balance. Theres a player of every type here, including defence. You want powerful B2B? Bandeira. You want a quick defender? Monlouis. You want a ball playing CB who can play DM? Awe. You want a DLP? Patino. You want skillful attacking midfielders? Hutchinson AND Flores. You want a Balogun regen? Edwards. You want a quick tricky winger? Sagoe jnr. Even Edus son is different, as a CM. That's not even to mention Sweet, Norton-Cuffy, Foran etc.

They have none of the hype too, only Hutchinson will have that because of his freestyle videos. This is a very exciting group and I'm looking forward to seeing who from this group can make the step up in the future.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Most of them youth internationals, some of the best in their position in the country (at their age group). This is way stronger than even our 99 group. This could be the best since our Youth Cup winners in 08. I think only Chelsea's are potentially better, although I've heard Citys group are really strong.

Best thing about this group is the balance. Theres a player of every type here, including defence. You want powerful B2B? Bandeira. You want a quick defender? Monlouis. You want a ball playing CB who can play DM? Awe. You want a DLP? Patino. You want skillful attacking midfielders? Hutchinson AND Flores. You want a Balogun regen? Edwards. You want a quick tricky winger? Sagoe jnr. Even Edus son is different, as a CM. That's not even to mention Sweet, Norton-Cuffy, Foran etc.

They have none of the hype too, only Hutchinson will have that because of his freestyle videos. This is a very exciting group and I'm looking forward to seeing who from this group can make the step up in the future.
Couple of Chelsea’s best have left them, Musiala last year to Bayern and one to Juve is happening. That’s why I’m happy with signing all these up, losing Musah last year was a big blow.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Couple of Chelsea’s best have left them, Musiala last year to Bayern and one to Juve is happening. That’s why I’m happy with signing all these up, losing Musah last year was a big blow.
That was definitely our biggest loss, much bigger than losing Amaechi. He is perfect for our midfield and would have been in with a shout along with Azeez.

The hope is that we can do something with Bandeira. Theres something really interesting about him, the size and the way hes able to carry. Will be interesting to see how he develops.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom