• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,150,116

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
With all the issues facing Valencia, Musah has a good shot at establishing a first team place this season. Good for him.

Azeez and Patino are our future at the base of midfield.
Yeah, just a shame we don't have a player like Musah - with his power and dynamism, it's something I'd love for us to have in the middle. Azeez or Bandeira could in theory grow into a similar player I suppose. Musah will do really well in LaLiga though, and honestly we couldn't do anything about it. Still a bit maddening though.

Maybe we could have kept Musah if we didn't sign that bum Guendouzi. Sad times. We need to be smarter about this. Keeping our biggest talents should be a priority!

Impact

Established Member
Yeah, just a shame we don't have a player like Musah - with his power and dynamism, it's something I'd love for us to have in the middle. Azeez or Bandeira could in theory grow into a similar player I suppose. Musah will do really well in LaLiga though, and honestly we couldn't do anything about it. Still a bit maddening though.

Agreed. I expect, squad planning wise, Willock will offer those traits should he fulfill his potential. He should be entering his stride when Azeez and Patino are breaking through into the first team.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Maybe we could have kept Musah if we didn't sign that bum Guendouzi. Sad times. We need to be smarter about this. Keeping our biggest talents should be a priority!
Musah was leaving regardless. We fast-tracked him as much as possible and offered him guaranteed pro deal with decent money, plus he was already playing U18 football crazy early. He didn't even sign scholarship with us, he left as soon as he was eligible. Guendouzi had nothing to do with it, Musah made up his mind. Valencia offered him a pathway and that pathway has become significantly easier due to their financial crisis so we can't say the move hasn't worked out better for him either. It's frustrating on our end because we will ultimately miss out but that's not gonna be the first or last time that happens. Looking at our massive scholar intake this year as well as the acquisitions we've made, I can see a few really good ones jumping ship soon aswell. Don't think we can blame the club for Musah, as infuriating as it is.

Agreed. I expect, squad planning wise, Willock will offer those traits should he fulfill his potential. He should be entering his stride when Azeez and Patino are breaking through into the first team.
Ideally it should be Willock. I feel he's been misused and while I don't think it will affect his development, his impact on games is subsequently lesser than it would be in a slightly repurposed role. He's surprisingly one of our better duel winners in midfield and our most progressive dribbler in midfield also (ESR runs him close IMO). He should be used like Sp**s' Dembele - a physical needle player who can carry the ball through the middle 3rd and get the ball forward quickly. I would also work a lot with him on defending - he's already very good at winning duels, I feel that if he develops that part of his game, he's a 6/8 waiting to happen. With AMN most likely ready to leave, Willock regains prominence IMO and if he fulfills that potential, in a few years time, he could feasibly partner up with Azeez/Patino going forward!

Afro Mugo

Losing talents is normal for any good big academy. Just look at the talents Ajax loses each year to especially English clubs and they still manage to produce more. It'll be annoying when everyone bashes the club when Musah lights up La Liga not knowing the context of his departure. He has an Italian agent , sth rare for a local lad , hence why he's always been linked with moves abroad. The fact that Patino and Azeez are still there is a consoling factor . I'm really eager to see them push on and I suspect they'll be the ones to take the Smith and Coyle roles in the first team together with the Dutch guy. I still believe Olayinka and Cottrell will go out on loan , in January, in the case of Cottrell.

Afro Mugo

Our U23 RB for next season as Swanson is on loan. I'm a huge fan of Dan Oyegoke. Looks very good going forward and physically powerful. Just 17 years old aswell. Eager to see more.
He's really good and good to see the club fast track him. I was actually worried for him when Swanson looked set to stay. If I were to bet on a current youth talent making his way to the first team it would be him and Patino. With AMN situation remaining unresolved and Cedric probably off in another two years , he has a really good chance

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Interesting development, I still expect John Jules to go on loan and Balogun is likely to leave too so we might be picking up a ST for the U23s

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I don’t understand why the mods put this here. Now nobody will see or talk about it. There were other threads in the transfer section for u23s (in and out) anyways.

@American_Gooner

teamsoutheast

We have Nketiah 21, John Jules 19, Folarin Balogun 19, all ahead of him. I don't see his ceiling being higher than theirs realistically at this time.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He's really good and good to see the club fast track him. I was actually worried for him when Swanson looked set to stay. If I were to bet on a current youth talent making his way to the first team it would be him and Patino. With AMN situation remaining unresolved and Cedric probably off in another two years , he has a really good chance
I can see us really struggling at RB if Bellerin doesn't regain consistency and I'm not a Cedric fan either. If we don't sign a young RB to compete with them, then Oyegoke is our best hope IMO. I like Swanson too but I think Oyegoke has that extra dimension going forward and is pretty quick when he gets going.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
We're here for you @MutableEarth !!!!!! Stay strong!!!!!
Not terribly fussed about Greenwood going, although I'm confused about how this affects the U23 team picture, because Balogun is probably not gonna be playing for them this season, Alfie Matthews is on trial at Palace and Plange is probably not quite ready yet for U23s.

It's a good move for Greenwood if it happens though. Technical and hard-working, think Bielsa will like him, and I'd trust him in front of goal more than Patrick Bamford :lol:.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom