• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You can be a good guy like he's being in the video above, but still display some dodgy characteristics when put in certain situations. Nobody's perfect. All people have been doing here is focusing and judging him on the way he's handled the incident. I don't see anyone suggesting he's a cruel person. Irresponsible, arrogant and as Fallout remarked, lacking introspect--well there are some decent examples of all the above to be fair.

Never said he was called a cruel person tho?

People been sticking the boot in for weeks though. Grim stuff.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Never said he was called a cruel person tho?

People been sticking the boot in for weeks though. Grim stuff.
What do you define as 'sticking the boot in'? Stuff like 'good riddance' etc? If so, come on... This is a football forum, he wasn't a favourite before all this happened due to his performances; do you think those who wanted him gone would go silent? As clueless and in need of the sack Emery is, should we expect an amnesty on the day his sacking is announced, or even to lighten up on him or to cease 'sticking the boot in' for the time being?

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I think he'll start on Saturday

Prepare yourself for it. And if not his biggest fan, like myself, then get behind him. Time to draw a line under what happened.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I think he'll start on Saturday

Prepare yourself for it. And if not his biggest fan, like myself, then get behind him. Time to draw a line under what happened.

If he does play I pray he has a good game, think that would be a good start to cooling the situation in some way.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What do you define as 'sticking the boot in'? Stuff like 'good riddance' etc? If so, come on... This is a football forum, he wasn't a favourite before all this happened due to his performances; do you think those who wanted him gone would go silent? As clueless and in need of the sack Emery is, should we expect an amnesty on the day his sacking is announced, or even to lighten up on him or to cease 'sticking the boot in' for the time being?

I’ve dug him out for performances many times, nothing to do with him as a person

I’m not going to go back through many pages, all the comments are there.

The White Pelè

Human Highlight Reel
Emery sounds like he is giving him a second chance. I don't know. He should have just apologized in public and everything would have been easier for him.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Only midfielder who can pass a ball, of course he'll be starting sooner or later. Torreira-Guendouzi is a terribly balanced partnership. Neither are great first phase players, neither can pass through the lines or spread the play as well as Xhaka does (Guendouzi's passes tend to hang in the air a bit long). If he's still leaving then we'll need a replacement who has similar attributes because we've got no one else like him. For all his flaws he offers what no other midfielder does.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Only midfielder who can pass a ball, of course he'll be starting sooner or later. Torreira-Guendouzi is a terribly balanced partnership. Neither are great first phase players, neither can pass through the lines or spread the play as well as Xhaka does (Guendouzi's passes tend to hang in the air a bit long). If he's still leaving then we'll need a replacement who has similar attributes because we've got no one else like him. For all his flaws he offers what no other midfielder does.

Denilson walks into our current midfield, doesn't he :lol:

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Problem with that is, the player can’t seem to draw a line under it.

Id like to think the fans will do all they can by getting behind the club 100%, but Xhaka’s recent comments on... yep, you guessed it, good ‘ol social media, have somewhat compromised that likelihood. Great stuff.

What? The comment about not basing your happiness on the opinion of others? Yeah... unforgiveable

20180412-QPVEoMRax6jlxcBMvL1h

Balboa

It’s naive to think you can freeze out or offload a player like Xhaka in November.

We have injuries, a manager under pressure and a very restricted January window.

Best thing for all is to integrate him back in the team now and look for a solution in the summer.

It always was.

Many, many senior squad players left in the summer.

Cech
Ospina
Monreal
Koscielny
Lichtsteiner
Ramsey
Elneny
Mhkitarayan
Iwobi
Welbeck

Mustafi and Özil weren't performing well and were out of the squad.

The squad had so many deficiencies that Xhaka on could never be a priority for this season.

The Arsenal supoorters are naive and entitled.

hyruga2

Leave Theo alone!!!
I specially came back to this forum to tell Xhaka, "Get lost. Don't play for Arsenal again. We don't need you if you do not provide a proper apology."

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think it’s a case of not knowing what you have until they’re gone, similar to players getting better whilst they’re out injured. I don’t know if every club’s fans have this problem or if it’s just us.
Xhaka has had some very good games under Wenger and scored some bangers too, but when you’re playing you are only as good as your last game.

I sometimes forget how long it’s been since we had Vieira, Edu and Gilberto as our CM options .

I’m not even talking about just ability, but mindset and consistency.

The bar has fallen unacceptably low and we seem to be accepting it.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Have the idiots who chose to attack him when his number appeared taken responsibility for their part in this mess? Their behaviour was completely unacceptable, much like Xhakas reaction.

Except Xhaka wasn't complaining about them attacking him, he was complaining about the "gleeful jubilation" when his numbers came up. He's complaining not about the boos, but the cheers and delight to see him off the pitch. Fans are absolutely entitled to be happy about a change which they see as positive and necessary. Xhaka is way overestimating his value if he thinks he can't be bought off the pitch.

By attack you mean sarcastically cheering? How fragile does your ego have to be to get offended by that?

There's no such thing as sarcastic cheering, it's simply cheering. Don't deny that you were happy to see Xhaka being taken off the pitch.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
By attack you mean sarcastically cheering? How fragile does your ego have to be to get offended by that?

His ego may be fragile but you have to see the context: The behaviour against Xhaka and his family before that game. Do you really think that he is some kind of robot that can accept all crap that is thrown at him? I dont think his reaction was good but we shouldnt forget about the unacceptable cheering. Yes, it was most certainly unacceptable and shouldnt be defended by fans that didnt took part in it. We should condemn it because its very destructive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom