• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I thought had a good game. Yes there were some loose passes but in the main his distribution was excellent. There was no diving in and he didn’t allow himself to be exposed 1v1 via good positioning.

I feel like if he can keep this up he may go some way to convincing some of his naysayers.
If he keeps this level of performance up, all it'll do is strengthen the case of his naysayers imo. Distinctly average. We're moving on from that, or should be. Elneny could quite easily have knocked out a performance like that today without fuss.He's playing a position where we need strengthening, and what he's producing there can quite easily be improved upon imo.

benjamin86

Established Member
I quite like Granit but he was giving the ball a way A LOT in the first 30 minutes. It's inexcusable for a senior player in such a crucial position.
This year will be interesting for him, we have a bunch of young, hungry and talented players between Willock, Torreira, Ceballos, Guendouzi.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This year will be interesting for him, we have a bunch of young, hungry and talented players between Willock, Torreira, Ceballos, Guendouzi.

Unfortunately talent isn’t enough. Xhaka is a talker on the pitch and in the dressing room and that’s honestly why I think Emery keeps picking him.

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

What's with this Xhaka love

Only because he deserves it, mate. As they say, love is gained not given for free.

Excellent first half, excellent second half. 90% of beautiful stuff on the pitch was coming through him. The way he controls that midfield, and with it, the entire game is second to none. I have never seen a midfielder with that great ability. Le Supreme Generale of Midfield, Granit Xhaka, one and only.

Last edited:

uriazu

Only because he deserves it, mate. As they say, love is gained not given for free.

Excellent first half, excellent second half. 90% of beautiful stuff on the pitch was coming through him. The way he controls that midfield, and with it, the entire game is second to none. I have never seen a midfielder with that great ability. Le Supreme Generale of Midfield, Granit Xhaka, one and only.

I think you are mistaken excellent with decent.
It's ok with players that you have very low expectations from.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd

Lay off the crack rocks fella.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
If he keeps this level of performance up, all it'll do is strengthen the case of his naysayers imo. Distinctly average. We're moving on from that, or should be. Elneny could quite easily have knocked out a performance like that today without fuss.He's playing a position where we need strengthening, and what he's producing there can quite easily be improved upon imo.
He was sloppy as anything in the 1st half. Gave the ball away plenty of times in our own half. Had an average 2nd half. Don’t understand these Xhaka fans w*nking him off for putting in another below average display. It’s like they have to justify his sh*tness. It’s weird.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Yes they reappeared again on Twitter. I can't find the journalist who tweeted it but when I woke up in the morning it was a talking subject on Arsenal twitter.

Only players we can really afford to lose now our window is closed would be mustafi and Elnenny :(

Erlis

Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Gave the ball away plenty of times in our own half.

Seriously, get lost or sit down and watch the games. The only thing people with an agenda against Xhaka keep repeating is he gave the ball away/ If Xhaka gave away the ball plenty of times you would be moaning the loss now.

Excellent game from el capitano.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
He was sloppy as anything in the 1st half. Gave the ball away plenty of times in our own half. Had an average 2nd half. Don’t understand these Xhaka fans w*nking him off for putting in another below average display. It’s like they have to justify his sh*tness. It’s weird.

Put us in trouble quite a few times early on with wayward passing.

There's reasons to be positive after yesterdays game but if this is supposedly Xhaka at his best after we've ground out a win against a poor team then that isn't one of them.

Xanth

I feel like if you're going to say Xhaka was average or below average in the last game, then it's silly to be impressed with Guendouzi's performance, considering he was statistically inferior in almost every department and wasn't noticeably better according to the eye test either.

He made a couple of bad passes early in the first half but was quite solid afterwards and was one of the few players consistently getting the ball into the final third, especially in comparison to Guendouzi and Willock.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

He’s gonna have better games than this and the haters will lose their mind.

I just hope it happens before he has a trademark shocker, I need to squeeze in some good trolling before then.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Yes they reappeared again on Twitter. I can't find the journalist who tweeted it but when I woke up in the morning it was a talking subject on Arsenal twitter.
It's a fake rumour, the journalist in question doesn't actually exist.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Just do one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom