Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Ricardinho, Aug 9, 2019.

1. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

Rubbish first half, good second half.

Maybe, GeorgiaGunner and Ricardinho like this.
  2. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

If he keeps this level of performance up, all it'll do is strengthen the case of his naysayers imo. Distinctly average. We're moving on from that, or should be. Elneny could quite easily have knocked out a performance like that today without fuss.He's playing a position where we need strengthening, and what he's producing there can quite easily be improved upon imo.

3. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig AM's Resident Accountant Trusted

I quite like Granit but he was giving the ball a way A LOT in the first 30 minutes. It's inexcusable for a senior player in such a crucial position.

4. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

:lol:

5. benjamin86

benjamin86 Well-Known Member

This year will be interesting for him, we have a bunch of young, hungry and talented players between Willock, Torreira, Ceballos, Guendouzi.

6. Big Poppa

Big Poppa Well-Known Member Trusted

Unfortunately talent isn’t enough. Xhaka is a talker on the pitch and in the dressing room and that’s honestly why I think Emery keeps picking him.

uriazu likes this.
  7. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Meh. That about sums it up today.

8. OmegaOs

OmegaOs Active Member

Yes they reappeared again on Twitter. I can't find the journalist who tweeted it but when I woke up in the morning it was a talking subject on Arsenal twitter.

9. Erlis

Erlis Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Only because he deserves it, mate. As they say, love is gained not given for free.

Excellent first half, excellent second half. 90% of beautiful stuff on the pitch was coming through him. The way he controls that midfield, and with it, the entire game is second to none. I have never seen a midfielder with that great ability. Le Supreme Generale of Midfield, Granit Xhaka, one and only.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  10. uriazu

uriazu Member

I think you are mistaken excellent with decent.
    It's ok with players that you have very low expectations from.

Ricardinho likes this.
  11. Gunner boy dd

Gunner boy dd Coronavirus Truther

Lay off the crack rocks fella.

12. Gunner boy dd

Gunner boy dd Coronavirus Truther

He was sloppy as anything in the 1st half. Gave the ball away plenty of times in our own half. Had an average 2nd half. Don’t understand these Xhaka fans w*nking him off for putting in another below average display. It’s like they have to justify his sh*tness. It’s weird.

13. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

Only players we can really afford to lose now our window is closed would be mustafi and Elnenny :(

14. Erlis

Erlis Only Came To See Granit Xhaka

Seriously, get lost or sit down and watch the games. The only thing people with an agenda against Xhaka keep repeating is he gave the ball away/ If Xhaka gave away the ball plenty of times you would be moaning the loss now.

Excellent game from el capitano.

15. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

Put us in trouble quite a few times early on with wayward passing.

There's reasons to be positive after yesterdays game but if this is supposedly Xhaka at his best after we've ground out a win against a poor team then that isn't one of them.

16. Xanth

Xanth Active Member

I feel like if you're going to say Xhaka was average or below average in the last game, then it's silly to be impressed with Guendouzi's performance, considering he was statistically inferior in almost every department and wasn't noticeably better according to the eye test either.

He made a couple of bad passes early in the first half but was quite solid afterwards and was one of the few players consistently getting the ball into the final third, especially in comparison to Guendouzi and Willock.

celestis likes this.
  17. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

He’s gonna have better games than this and the haters will lose their mind.

I just hope it happens before he has a trademark shocker, I need to squeeze in some good trolling before then.

mavelous and celestis like this.
  18. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

It's a fake rumour, the journalist in question doesn't actually exist.

19. Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Dennis_Bergkamp_10 Well-Known Member

Can't a few people find the passes that he send forward and almost cost us vs Newcastle? Unbelievable that some people just don't see his shortcomings.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  20. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Just do one.

Gunner boy dd likes this.