• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He was desperate to live in January and yet only Hertha were in form him.

Let's think for a minute.

Would Klopp want him? or would Pep want him?

Arteta said he wanted him at City. Klopp signed Oxlade-Chamberlain btw who is a shockingly bad midfielder, who probably won’t get into most pl midfields.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
He was desperate to live in January and yet only Hertha were in form him.

Let's think for a minute.

Would Klopp want him? or would Pep want him?

No other top club in the world would want him except maybe Juve who defend in low block.

Not saying he's bad. But it's mind boggling that his fans are saying that we should build our midfield around him as if he's Pirlo.

Our recruitment should geared towards bringing in players who are better not players who complement him.
Shhhhhhh. He is Alonso type player and belongs to a title winning team. His bad time, he is stuck with Arsenal :lol:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Arteta said he wanted him at City. Klopp signed Oxlade-Chamberlain btw who is a shockingly bad midfielder, who probably won’t get into most pl midfields.
Because Ox had a trait that Klopp wanted; Pace and power.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If he’s **** and no one will buy him then why would you want to ship our best midfield? :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Xhaka is wack I don’t care :lol:

He’s made a living here cause we’ve signed back to back midfielders who can’t pass. I usually find articles or something to back what I’m saying but I can’t even be bothered he’s been crap for years.

Manberg

Predator
And you can make a compilation of any footballer's passing skills.

They'd have to have made good passes in order for a compilation of passing skills to be made, not just sideways and backwards passes like you suggest. Those passes in the videos are not special effects.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
They'd have to have made good passes in order for a compilation of passing skills to be made, not just sideways and backwards passes like you suggest. Those passes in the videos are not special effects.
One has to really do stupid things to get a compilation of such stupid things. They are not special effects either.

Manberg

Predator
One has to really do stupid things to get a compilation of such stupid things. They are not special effects either.

A beautiful pass is a beautiful pass, universally accepted by anyone. A stupid thing is not so clear. Some see stupid, others see forgivable mistakes. Xhaka getting angry and storming off was a forgivable mistake.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

A lot of the passes in that compilation flatter to deceive. Nonthreatening pinged diagonals while under no pressure in a lot of space

Manberg

Predator
A lot of the passes in that compilation flatter to deceive. Nonthreatening pinged diagonals while under no pressure in a lot of space

Highly accurate passes designed to find attacking players in space or switch possession to one of the flanks. Requires a high level of skill. He's not an advanced playmaker so he's not asked to venture forward and directly provide assists, although he does often create or start chances.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
Is it just me or he could have easily tracked mane and intercepted firmino's pass to mane?

NZgunner

The last couple of games I've done my own simple analysis of Xhaka's contribution/impact. I basically assessed all his times in possession as being positive (resulting in the opposition being put under pressure), negative (resulting in us being put under pressure - not including times where someone else's pass has put him under pressure) or neutral.

The first thing that struck me was how little he is actually involved, and especially how he doesn't make himself available when our defenders are trying to play out from the back.

In terms of his contribution (a total of 50-60 possessions), it is overwhelmingly neutral, safe sideways or backwards passes, occasional balls out to the flank but hardly anything incisive.

In each game his positive contribution was around 2 or 3, the negative contribution closer to 3 or 4.

The guy just doesn't have the positional sense, speed of thought or feet to be effective in the Premier League.

Tom349

No such thing. If you can ping a diagonal pass then that is a very good pass which very few midfielders are capable of pulling off. Sure plenty can make a diagonal pass across field but if there isn't any power or speed behind that ball then its worthless. Xhaka is one of the few who is capable of consistently pinging it with accuracy. Its up to the players in our wide areas to make better use of having more space to work with given less time it takes to receive the ball of a pass from Xhaka compared to say Ceballos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom