• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Hope he's sold and we get a better CM. Idc if he's a 'leader on the pitch', he's not a very good CM. Too limited and slow and we've been outside the top 4 since we've had him

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He could perform with the right midfield partner, he has enough in his locker. Still think hes our best CM at the club and has been for years, which is quite damning but that's something he can do nothing about.

Compared to what?

• He’s the only CM that’s been fit enough for regular selection.
  • He’s one of only two CMs with more than a season’s experience in their professional career as a starter.
  • He’s the only CM that’s had more than 2 years in the current first team
When you say he’s been our best CM for years, and during those years we’ve progressively declined towards mid table obscurity playing increasingly turgid, slow football - it’s really not a compliment.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Ceballos has a higher ceiling for sure. Xhaka is sort of our Jordan Henderson (less mobile, better passer), in that he's not the best player but is important at the moment, but will be slowly phased out if the recruitment is right.
That’s a good way of putting it. I’d put Henderson above him by a fair bit though. Nothing in it passing wise; better technically, not as dumb, and more responsible imo.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I didn’t say Xhaka being the best CM is a good thing, he’s clearly the best out of a bad bunch. Think you’ve misunderstood what I’ve said there because I actually don’t rate Xhaka at all, I just tolerate him.

He needs to be replaced if we are to move forward but he won’t be. I’ve given up, his Arsenal career will outlive my life.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I would say he realised the grass wasn’t greener on the other side of the fence when he had to sit it out after his meltdown, except there was no grass at all on the other side of the fence—no grass that wanted him to christen it anyway.
Think he read some AM comments comparing him to Alonso, Pirlo, how most players in the world are not even fit to tie his boot laces and he can walk into any title winning team. So he threw tantrums, kept his doors open only to find that no one except ****ing Hertha Berlin were interested. After reality hit him hard, he is back praising Arsenal.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Think he read some AM comments comparing him to Alonso, Pirlo, how most players in the world are not even fit to tie his boot laces and he can walk into any title winning team. So he threw tantrums, kept his doors open only to find that no one except ****ing Hertha Berlin were interested. After reality hit him hard, he is back praising Arsenal.
Yeah this is a more brutally true version of my analogy :lol: It’s so simple and so true that I feel a bit embarrassed for him :facepalm:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Actually rate how he hasn't apologised and isn't just being all mild mannered and letting the fans off.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Point missed lol. Arsenal are the only team in Islington.
Point not remotely missed. I can read. I just wanted to point out Sp**s for all their chat, have still not won a thing. next year will be the 60th anniversary of their last league title. Roll on the 70th & 80th...

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Point not remotely missed. I can read. I just wanted to point out Sp**s for all their chat, have still not won a thing. next year will be the 60th anniversary of their last league title. Roll on the 70th & 80th...

Amen to that!

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Great game today from xhaka, done well passing and defending. Always keep the team ticking.
The corner flag play was also a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom