• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preacher

Always Crying

During breakdown Adrian Clarke didn't paint Xhaka in good light. His positioning off the ball as usual is awful. It's tough to believe that Emey is that daft and instruct Xhaka to play off the ball like this. Question, why he isn't benched yet ?

The best answer probably is, that other midfielders don't look much better.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member

During breakdown Adrian Clarke didn't paint Xhaka in good light. His positioning off the ball as usual is awful. It's tough to believe that Emey is that daft and instruct Xhaka to play off the ball like this. Question, why he isn't benched yet ?

The best answer probably is, that other midfielders don't look much better.

Xhaka fans told me his positioning was perfect. Now I'm confused.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
It is clear Xhaka has big weaknesses. On his bad days he is a massive liability (which has been almost every game he played this season). At the moment there isn't much point analysing individual player's performances because the whole team is a turgid mess. There is hardly a player who isn't under performing, which shows we have far bigger issues. When a team is playing this bad it distorts the lines between how much the system is handicapping them or how much of it is caused by their own individual shortcomings.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

To all the Xhaka fanboys and sympathisers. I just want to ask these questions:
1. Would you buy Xhaka all over again if we could go back in time and why?
2. If Xhaka were playing for any other rival top 6 side how would they cope with him?
3. Now that we have seen two managers with differing approaches and the same Xhaka being exposed, can you accept that Xhaka cannot be fixed?
1. No
2. He'd be fine. (See David Luiz conceding the same amount of pens here as he did in hundreds of apps at Chelsea, numerous player anecdotes about the difficulty of defending at Arsenal etc)
3. I think most people realised late last season/early this season that his rash moments are just a part of him.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I had the same in the Özil thread. It wasn’t fun in the end. I ended up arguing with myself and defending him against myself. I needed a break.

The Lacazette thread is like Street Fighter or something where i have a new challanger every week. The funniest part is grown men having a personal grudge against you cos you don’t rate a player :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom