• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He looked so average next to Partey. Partey covers for his shortcomings while being better than Xhaka at his only asset: long passing.

I don’t think there is much need for Xhaka with Partey here, we need a more dynamic partner for him if we are gonna play a double pivot.

Oh_Snap

He’s a Pirlo or Alonso type of midfielder, not Cazorla or Iniesta.
its-time-to-stop-posting-quote-1.jpg

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He didn't have a bad game but the drop off in midfield quality and impetus when Partey went off was immediately noticeable. In midfield, we need players who can carry the team to an extent. Partey has a small sample size here but has looked good whoever he's partnered with. Xhaka went in to a shell when Partey went off and it was left to the FB's, youngsters and forwards to keep us going. That's when I expect him to step up and be the main man. His stats (like Pepe's) are often very good but in terms of significant on field contribution, there's a slight disconnect. We need someone more mobile and dynamic but I hope he keeps this level up for the rest of the season which I hope will be his last with us. It will be good to end on a high-hopefully.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Bloody hell, it's happening again. A run of decent games for Xhaka's usual standards and people are fooling themselves into thinking he's a good enough player for Arsenal. He's not. He put in a passable performance tonight for a decent PL CM, nothing more.

Like I said, he did okay today but playing next to Partey really helped him. It's a matter of time before his form nosedives as it's done the previous 2-3 good spells he's had here.

He needs to be upgraded on in the summer if we want to get into the Top 4 next season. Don't fool yourselves.

Last edited:

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
He didn't have a bad game but the drop off in midfield quality and impetus when Partey went off was immediately noticeable. In midfield, we need players who can carry the team to an extent. Partey has a small sample size here but has looked good whoever he's partnered with. Xhaka went in to a shell when Partey went off and it was left to the FB's, youngsters and forwards to keep us going. That's when I expect him to step up and be the main man. His stats (like Pepe's) are often very good but in terms of significant on field contribution, there's a slight disconnect. We need someone more mobile and dynamic but I hope he keeps this level up for the rest of the season which I hope will be his last with us. It will be good to end on a high-hopefully.

The reason our attack dropped off after Partey came off was because we were 3-0 up and trying to keep a clean sheet. Xhaka dropped deeper. Not sure how that’s on Xhaka.

Iceman10

Established Member
Bloody hell, it's happening again. A run of decent games for Xhaka's usual standards and people are fooling themselves into thinking he's a good enough player for Arsenal. He's not.

Like I said, he did okay today but playing next to Partey really helped him. It's a matter of time before his form nosedives as it's done the previous 2-3 good spells he's had here.

He needs to be upgraded on in the summer. Don't fool yourselves.

He’s received good reviews for the last two matches but his passing technically has been not great, sometimes dangerous. He was commended rightly for his defensive work, including last ditch tackles, but some of his defensive work against Palace was directly after his bad pass in CM which could have cost us against top teams. Against Newcastle his weight of pass was completely off at least five times. He does need to be upgraded. He is Top 8 PL at best, not Top 4, which is what Partey is.

He’s a Pirlo or Alonso type of midfielder, not Cazorla or Iniesta.

It doesn't matter what type of CM although what would call Caz in his CM role? The guys you are listing were world class ballers while Xhaka is a mid table plodder who has improved somewhat recently. I'm guessing they were before your time or you're trolling. His legacy will be more like Alex Song not Pirlo.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
It doesn't matter what type of CM although what would call Caz in his CM role? The guys you are listing were world class ballers while Xhaka is a mid table plodder who has improved somewhat recently. I'm guessing they were before your time or you're trolling. His legacy will be more like Alex Song not Pirlo.

Maybe amongst ungrateful fans, not his peers.

Arteta called him phenomenal a couple of days ago. Haters going to hate.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
The reason our attack dropped off after Partey came off was because we were 3-0 up and trying to keep a clean sheet. Xhaka dropped deeper. Not sure how that’s on Xhaka.
Ok Manberg. We were 2-0 up actually when Partey went off which is a dangerous scoreline especially if Newcastle were to have scored. The timid sideways and back passing stated within 90 seconds of Partey's departure. Feel free to blame Elneny if it makes you feel better but Xhaka is not this top quality midfielder you try to bully everyone into believing he is. FYI, I also pointed out Partey's error which Holding sorted in the matchday thread so there's no agenda, just my honest opinion which you'll never agree with. Xhaka was near perfect lol. Happy?

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Ok Manberg. We were 2-0 up actually when Partey went off which is a dangerous scoreline especially if Newcastle were to have scored. The timid sideways and back passing stated within 90 seconds of Partey's departure. Feel free to blame Elneny if it makes you feel better but Xhaka is not this top quality midfielder you try to bully everyone into believing he is. FYI, I also pointed out Partey's error which Holding sorted in the matchday thread so there's no agenda, just my honest opinion which you'll never agree with. Xhaka was near perfect lol. Happy?

I’m the bully? :lol:

You try bringing facts to these highly anti Xhaka opinionated legions and see how you get treated. Also if we scored after Partey went off how does that help your point? Partey had a great game, as did Xhaka.

Edit: I’m definitely not Manberg

Last edited:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Bloody hell, it's happening again. A run of decent games for Xhaka's usual standards and people are fooling themselves into thinking he's a good enough player for Arsenal. He's not. He put in a passable performance tonight for a decent PL CM, nothing more.

He needs to be upgraded on in the summer if we want to get into the Top 4 next season. Don't fool yourselves.
If today was a good performance by Xhaka then ****ing save us dear God! How many misplaced passes this Xhaka have today that led to counters. At least 3 or 4 I can recall off the top of my head. If this poverty is good then help us. I'd honestly much rather see Ceballos or Elneny play before Xhaka.

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
If today was a good performance by Xhaka then ****ing save us dear God! How many misplaced passes this Xhaka have today that led to counters. At least 3 or 4 I can recall off the top of my head. If this poverty is good then help us. I'd honestly much rather see Ceballos or Elneny play before Xhaka.

Specsavers is calling out to you, because this didn’t happen at all today.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I’m the bully? :lol:

You try bringing facts to these highly anti Xhaka opinionated legions and see how you get treated. Also if we scored after Partey went off how does that help your point? Partey had a great game, as did Xhaka.
You're very forceful in your opinions and I didn't quote you until you targeted me. You call your opinions facts but they're just opinions. Every player here has had an anti post of sorts and as a group, many are quick to retract and admit when we're wrong and give praise when it's due. We scored ten minutes after Partey went off and as I said in my original opinion post, that was down to the FB's, youth and forwards. It had little to nothing to due with Xhaka directly. I think Xhaka is crap but I've been quite respectful so far. Partey had a very good game and was the better of the two. Keep up the bullying disguised as knowledge. It won't work and nobody asked you to try and convert the anti Xhaka opiniated posters. Everyone is allowed an opinion. You're being ridiculed by some because you're OTT on this player. I've actually ignored a lot of your posts, even the good ones as you're such hard work. Sweet dreams Manberg.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Specsavers is calling out to you, because this didn’t happen at all today.
I am starting to suspect you are actually not watching the games. Let's leave it. You clearly are posting rubbish. Off to some Qanon forum with you! You would fit right in with your distorted reality! :bye:

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
You're very forceful in your opinions and I didn't quote you until you targeted me. You call your opinions facts but they're just opinions. Every player here has had an anti post of sorts and as a group, many are quick to retract and admit when we're wrong and give praise when it's due. We scored ten minutes after Partey went off and as I said in my original opinion post, that was down to the FB's, youth and forwards. It had little to nothing to due with Xhaka directly. I think Xhaka is crap but I've been quite respectful so far. Partey had a very good game and was the better of the two. Keep up the bullying disguised as knowledge. It won't work and nobody asked you to try and convert the anti Xhaka opiniated posters. Everyone is allowed an opinion. You're being ridiculed by some because you're OTT on this player. I've actually ignored a lot of your posts, even the good ones as you're such hard work. Sweet dreams Manberg.

Xhaka is a special case. There’s a strong anti Xhaka agenda on both AM and social media that hasn’t dissipated in a long time. This agenda has provided fuel to the personal insults that led to the shameful incident we saw last year which resulted in him losing the captaincy. It is an institutional problem. Xhaka got blamed for every game we didn’t win despite him playing well. People then place him under a microscope for every little mistake he does, and ignore the mistakes of their favourites. Like I said, an institutional problem amongst the Arsenal fan base that requires a big effort from the likes of myself to dispel.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Like I said, an institutional problem amongst the Arsenal fan base that requires a big effort from the likes of myself to dispel.

Mate, the only thing you're going to dispel is the notion you know anything about football with this extreme Xhaka love in you've got going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Latest posts

Top Bottom