• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
:rofl:

I'm literary saying that Germany's midfield was in fact dominated including why (For a large part of the game (not the whole) they did nothing and were bypassed by our midfielders)

You literary take that and turn it into this

:lol:

What did I say about a honest argument?

I honestly couldn't give a **** what you make of it. You are free to draw your own conclusion as I said. I'll just enjoy this season and this thread.

Because its going to be hilarious.
You haven’t explained ****, you’ve just wrote lots of meaningless fluff. Your initial comment was a knee-jerk reaction throwaway comment and you haven’t backed it up in any way.

I expect to see lots more of that this season as Xhaka continues to point a lot, shout a lot and treat the football like a hot potato in an effort not to cost us points all on his own.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Exactly what I said. For a larger part of that game Germany's midfield was dominated by Switzerlands. Specifically Xhaka who made all sorts of passes that bypassed them and let them make barely any plays defensively. Not more, not less.

And just to make it clear I am not saying Xhaka is better than prime-Kroos. Far from it. (I actually have a similar opinion as @Oxeki there in that Kroos declined), just that he was in fact the best midfielder on the day.

The conclusion to draw out of that is very much your own.
I think using the word 'dominate' is a bit of an hyperbole. He had a good/decent game.

We saw that same German midfield getting overrun by a piss poor Mexican team and poor South Korea team.

I think Xhaka was poor for so long that it these kind of performance has his fans wanking themselves.

If Thiago or Modric had that kind of game, people will brush it off as a 'normal' game. That is proof enough Xhaka is average. But we have a system that is covering his weakness now, so I can't complain.

Makavelii

I think Xhaka was poor for so long that it these kind of performance has his fans wanking themselves

Can you demonstrate with stats that he was poor for a long time?
IMO, this was a big fan scapegoat bandwagoning.
He had a string of unforced errors which started the bandwagon. That’s all. The rest of his game was fairly consistent.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Your troll game is seriously off these days

You guys just call me a troll when I say something you don't like lmao, I've always been a fan of Erlis. Everyone is just bored of you Xhaka haters now it's just pointless and weird.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
For the record, I think the player has unquestionably improved his discipline and that obviously has to make a difference to his performances. However I don't see an improvement in his play, which is functional at best; it's just uninspiring. The setup has seemingly made him an important cog in the works for Arteta, but it's disappointing to think he's going to be a some sort of mainstay.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
For the record, I think the player has unquestionably improved his discipline and that obviously has to make a difference to his performances. However I don't see an improvement in his play, which is functional at best; it's just uninspiring. The setup has seemingly made him an important cog in the works for Arteta, but it's disappointing to think he's going to be a some sort of mainstay.

I feel like as long as he's in our midfield it will always be easy to bypass, I see counter attacks just fly by him. It's why Arsène, Emery and Arteta always resort to 3 at the back cos he need more back up than 2 CBs.

Manberg

Predator
I feel like as long as he's in our midfield it will always be easy to bypass, I see counter attacks just fly by him. It's why Arsène, Emery and Arteta always resort to 3 at the back cos he need more back up than 2 CBs.

Because he needs an athletic DM next to him to do the running. A midfield of Partey, Xhaka and Aouar will dominate any midfield in the world.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Because he needs an athletic DM next to him to do the running. A midfield of Partey, Xhaka and Aouar will dominate any midfield in the world.

Might as well stick Özil in th middle instead of xhaka and have an athletic player do the running for him. Xhaka isn't a good enough on the ball to deserve a man to do all the running for him and cover his rubbishness. Tbh el neny had a much better game than xhaka against Fulham.

Only thing xhaka had to offer the team which is special is that he's good with young players and has excellent posture.

Manberg

Predator
Might as well stick Özil in th middle instead of xhaka and have an athletic player do the running for him. Xhaka isn't a good enough on the ball to deserve a man to do all the running for him and cover his rubbishness. Tbh el neny had a much better game than xhaka against Fulham.

Only thing xhaka had to offer the team which is special is that he's good with young players and has excellent posture.

This post is proof that you blind yourself to Xhaka’s qualities. If you have an agenda against a player you will always see him through your agenda glasses. You don’t notice the good things he does and only look for the bad (even if he does no bad).

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

How is it an agenda when someone criticize a player ffs? :lol:

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
This post is proof that you blind yourself to Xhaka’s qualities. If you have an agenda against a player you will always see him through your agenda glasses. You don’t notice the good things he does and only look for the bad (even if he does no bad).
The opposite can be said as well. You're so in love with him that every little okay thing he does is good to you & every decent thing he does is great. Do you think he even has had a single bad game let alone terrible ones?
Trying to argue with you is pointless as you never give any proper argument & instead come up with pretentious crap like you're trying to educate others. What makes you qualified to 'educate' anyone on a sports you just watch like everyone else is beyond me

You just love him for being swiss, admit it & move on

Manberg

Predator
The opposite can be said as well. You're so in love with him that every little okay thing he does is good to you & every decent thing he does is great. Do you think he even has had a single bad game let alone terrible ones?
Trying to argue with you is pointless as you never give any proper argument & instead come up with pretentious crap like you're trying to educate others. What makes you qualified to 'educate' anyone on a sports you just watch like everyone else is beyond me

You just love him for being swiss, admit it & move on

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Only thing I like about the Swiss is my Rolex. I defend Xhaka because I like him as a player, and because he gets unjust hate directed at him by ignorant fans with a lack of football knowledge, so it is my duty to defend him.

Ash10

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Only thing I like about the Swiss is my Rolex. I defend Xhaka because I like him as a player, and because he gets unjust hate directed at him by ignorant fans with a lack of football knowledge, so it is my duty to defend him.
Your undue arrogance seriously knows no bound, calling others ignorant while treating yourself as some enlightened being of sort based on baseless opinions

Btw how is it your 'duty' to defend him? I know you'll give a nothing answer as always but still

Manberg

Predator
Your undue arrogance seriously knows no bound, calling others ignorant while treating yourself as some enlightened being of sort based on baseless opinions

Btw how is it your 'duty' to defend him? I know you'll give a nothing answer as always but still

I’m an Arsenal fan, I support Arsenal players not direct hate towards them.

I never said I was Jesus, but I would like to be Greta Thunberg.

Ash10

Honestly you keep on sprouting self righteous, arrogant crap then come with the most random things about you Willie & now your life aspirations

TakeChillPill

Established Member

Criticism isn't hate. Would love xhaka to play at the level of xabi Alonso. Unfortunately pre arteta he was more akin to Charlie adams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom