• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manberg

Predator
Criticism isn't hate. Would love xhaka to play at the level of xabi Alonso. Unfortunately pre arteta he was more akin to Charlie adams

He was comparable to Xabi Alonso when he was playing against him, back in Germany. Xhaka’s always been a top midfielder. It’s why we paid £35m to sign him in the first place.

Manberg

Predator
Are you apart of his PR team?

Are you related to him?

I’m trying to understand your loyalty/ Fanatical behaviour towards this player?

Neither. I like him as a player and I feel that it is my duty as an Arsenal fan to defend him against hate and unjust criticism.
If Aubameyang gets all that then I’d defend him too, but he gets love so there’s no need.

Kav

Established Member
Neither. I like him as a player and I feel that it is my duty as an Arsenal fan to defend him against hate and unjust criticism.
If Aubameyang gets all that then I’d defend him too, but he gets love so there’s no need.
Fair enough. I respect that.

Manberg

Predator
Says a lot that 99% percent of his praise comes from not making mistakes rather than actually contributing to the team. Sideways passes and one thoughball are not enough for an Arsenal midfielder.

The guy never gets injured because the he never runs.

If you’re going to make bogus claims try to look at the statistics:
Eh59aJPWoAIjK_n

I’m willing to bet he ranks highly on the distance covered stats too.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Xhaka's a weird one. There's an idea that perhaps we'll buy one or two quality midfielders and Xhaka will be a rotation player, but I just can't imagine him as a rotation player. He's played four full seasons at Arsenal and played under four different coaches, and he's been a starter through all of it. Xhaka feels like a player who either starts or if he loses his place he'd just leave at the earliest opportunity to start elsewhere.

Kav

Established Member
If you’re going to make bogus claims try to look at the statistics:

I’m willing to bet he ranks highly on the distance covered stats too.

I don’t know man. That’s a very interesting stat to publish. Because it begs the question what is considered the final third?

My understanding is that the final third is anything within 15 yards of the halfway line in the direction of your opponents half. So it’s not the same as making a forward pass towards the penalty box but rather a forward pass into the opponent’s half. Which is certainly positive but is diminished in value when the opposition is camped in their half.

If Xhaka is on the half way line and makes ten passes at a 40 degree angle to his fullbacks/wing backs those count as forward passes but it’s not the same as making a through ball or angled pass to Aubameyang in the box. So I guess I’m a little skeptical about those numbers because they don’t pass the eye test.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
I don’t know man. That’s a very interesting stat to publish. Because it begs the question what is considered the final third?

My understanding is that the final third is anything within 15 yards of the halfway line in the direction of your opponents half. So it’s not the same as making a forward pass towards the penalty box but rather a forward pass into the opponent’s half. Which is certainly positive but is diminished in value when the opposition is camped in their half.

If Xhaka is on the half way line and makes ten passes at a 40 degree angle to his fullbacks/wing backs those count as forward passes but it’s not the same as making a through ball or angled pass to Aubameyang in the box. So I guess I’m a little skeptical about those numbers because they don’t pass the eye test.
Milivojevic is 2nd on the list ffs. It’s a pointless stat for the fanboys to gag over

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
So, what was that game? I know I'm the one defending him, but passing completly off for 40+% of the game then suddenly spraypainting accurate longballs all over the field.

Has to be one of the most inconsistent performance of a player in a game I have ever seen. I mean I'm thankful our midfield stepped up at the end of it, but seesh.

Reactions: Kav

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Improved slightly in the 2nd half but he is just not at our level. In fact he's one of the reasons why we are where we are right now. Need big improvement over him.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
His dad must've worked in the CIA or something, he must have dirt on all his managers. Only logical reason why they play him.

I know its unintentional (I fully assume you don't know about it), but making that joke is a little bit on the insensitive side.

His dad was a political prisoner in yugoslawia and got tortured/beaten for years before fleeing after he got out.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

his long passes into the runs were one of our only threaths this game.

but overall not his best game.

Yep this. He made some really good passes over the top, specially to Aubameyang, so pin point.

But on the other hand I felt like he was overrun physically in MF which he shouldn't really be given his size.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I know its unintentional (I fully assume you don't know about it), but making that joke is a little bit on the insensitive side.

His dad was a political prisoner in yugoslawia and got tortured/beaten for years before fleeing after he got out.

It is very sad to hear that glad he escaped. but how is what I said insensitive?

Manberg

Predator
Yep this. He made some really good passes over the top, specially to Aubameyang, so pin point.

But on the other hand I felt like he was overrun physically in MF which he shouldn't really be given his size.

He’s not an athletic DM he is slow defending the counter attack it’s why we need Partey next to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom