• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Great ******* News, bans for simulation!!!

Ewarwoowar

FA to punish simulation with retrospective action from next season
Last Updated: 18/05/17 3:39pm
promo319384367

The FA will adopt a similar policy to the SFA from next season and retrospectively punish players who are guilty of simulation
The Football Association have announced it will punish simulation with retrospective action from next season.

Players found guilty of simulation under the new offence of 'Successful Deception of a Match Official' will receive a two-match ban.

The FA revealed that retrospective action could be taken:

• Where an alleged act leads to a penalty

• Where an alleged act leads to a straight red card for an opponent

• Where an alleged act leads to a dismissal of an opponent [where the alleged act led to the opponent receiving either one of the two cautions]

A panel consisting of one ex-match official, one ex-manager and one ex-player will be asked to review all available video footage of the incident independently of one another and then advise the FA as to whether they believe it was an offence of 'Successful Deception of a Match Official'.

skysports-alex-schalk-ross-county-football-scottish-premiership_3956815.jpg

The Scottish Football Association have already introduced retrospective action for diving - Ross County's Alex Schalk received a two-match ban
Only in circumstances where the panel come to a unanimous agreement would the FA charge the individual concerned.

Should a charge be admitted or found proven, the Independent Regulatory Commission will have the power to rescind the caution or dismissal received by the opposing player as a result of the simulation if it chooses to do so.

Sky Sports readers, voting in an online poll earlier this year, said retrospective punishment for diving was the top rule change they would like to see implemented in football.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
You are probably right,I have climaxed too early and refs will still find a way to p1ss us off,, but
Lw1Bi3q.gif
Pogba could dive to win pen vs us & be suspended the next week vs Sp**s. :mad:

The retro active thing has been proven to be ineffective as players still frequently stamp, kick, jump tackle etc in full knowledge of the consequences.

Ewarwoowar

Pogba could dive to win pen vs us & be suspended the next week vs Sp**s. :mad:

The retro active thing has been proven to be ineffective as players still frequently stamp, kick, jump tackle etc in full knowledge of the consequences.
Yes and how many times had Costa not seen retrospective bans for all the filth He dished out under Mourhinio, I'm sure there will be ways for them to screw it up, there is plenty of reason to be cynical, hope your proud bursting my bubble:p

Ewarwoowar

Simulation was voted as the top priority issue by footballing fans so it shows someone is listening, too bad the media outlets could have put this issue to bed years ago with a driven campaign but for lacking any moral compass or ethic.

I'm just glad something is happening, even if it is only a first step in a long road of cleaning house, got to keep on their case.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
This doesn't work. A player could dive for a pen against you, get it, score, and then get banned against a rival the following week. Doing this retroactively simply does not work. The team you did it against gets zero recompense, worst case it only benefits a direct rival.

Football is behind the times, as always. So many successful sports around the world with video reviews, yet football won't do it because it "ruins the game"? No, **** off. Diving and season defining bad calls ruin the game. If you're worried about the game being ruined by adding 4 minutes or so to every game for video reviews, there's clearly much deeper problems.

It's honestly embarrassing how behind the times football is. It's like the UKIP of sports.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
All of this retroactive stuff is horsesh*t. Players are supposed to be punished retroactively for dangerous/ dirty play and yet a team like Stoke or Tottenham who should be losing a player weekly IN GAME don't even see that player receive a ban retroactively. All it is is a bunch of lip service. Football is comfortably the most corrupt sport on earth.

Ewarwoowar

I am all for video refs but I still watch rugby union and think that there is a lot still open to ref interpretation, specifically scrum(absolute joke atm) and lineout that can have a massive effect on a game.
It's like watching us get yellow cards within a few minutes of the start of a game for nothing fouls, totally ruins our rhythm and gets in our heads.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I agree with all pf the above, something needs to be done, but the team on the receiving end would lose out. Can we all write to the FA and tell them>
Wouldn't do any good. They foster an environment of cheating and then profit from it. I'm shocked nothing big has come to light about match fixing like what went on in Serie A.

Top Bottom