• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Greatest Coach of this Era: Guardiola vs Klopp?

Who’s the greatest manager of this generation?

• Total voters

Makavelii

Fascinated to see who most people think is better.

Personally I have to say Klopp edges it for me. Just because he had the courage to take lower teams and make them great (and consistently has succeeded). Whereas Guardiola just took risk free great teams and made them better.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
In a comparison between Pep and Klopp, it's easily Jurgen for me.

Dortmund and Liverpool were big rebuild jobs, that he turned into successful teams.

Pep took over a Barcelona that 2 years before won the Champions League, a Bayern side who were the current European Champions and the richest team on the planet in City...can't take him seriously, even Mourinho had harder jobs at certain points, Pep just takes over dream teams ffs.

Last edited:

Oh_Snap

In a comparison between Pep and Klopp, it's easily Jurgen for me.

Dortmund and Liverpool were big rebuild jobs, that he turned into successful teams.
His peak Dortmund was something very special imho, they were loved across the continent for their fearless aproach and attack minded game. Their playstyle improved the whole bundesliga and even bayern adapted to it to some parts.

GDeep™

League is very weak
On PL form I’ll have to say Klopp, due to producing a strong and successful team on a much smaller budget than Pep. Klopp reminds me of early Wenger tbh.

On their whole career, you have to say Pep, what he done at Barcelona has to be considered amongst the most iconic periods in the history of the game. Klopp doesn’t have those heights unless he wins another European cup with Liverpool and dominates England.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I’ll have Klopp as manager though if i had to pick. Pep is crazy and not in a good way, and he’s not tested without a huge cheque book.

Pep isn’t even tested outside having the best team in the country with the biggest cheque book in the country.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You guys hype up Klopp and Dortmund like it was AC Milan or something. I would say Atletico Madrid under Diego are more impressive.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
@Riou sums up my thoughts on Pep here:

How Pep replaces Hart basically sums up his "management style."

Doesn't think Hart can play his way, so brings in a new starting keeper in Bravo...Bravo doesn't do to well in his first season, Pep brings in a new starting keeper in Ederson...and you know that if Ederson didn't look that good, Pep would have demanded a new keeper the year after too.

Guardiola would be so lost without loads and loads of money to spend :lol:

Anyone can win the league with Man City and the endless money. Klopp won the CL and League with good players like Henderson and Wiljnaldum but not they're world class.

GDeep™

League is very weak
But Klopp hasn’t hit the heights of Pep at Barcelona, which was out of this world really.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
I'd go with Pep, just giving him the slight edge because I think people underrate how difficult it is to achieve what he has and be as dominant as he has playing the way he does. It's not taking anything away from Klopp because as I always say he and Pep are the Messi and Ronaldo of managers of our generation, but ultimately I think it's slightly less difficult when you play with a more reactive style designed to maximise opponent errors rather than Pep's case. I also think Pep has changed football more and for the better than Jurgen. If he continues to perform badly in CL though, Klopp will probably have to surpass him in my estimation, no getting away from the fact the results with City haven't been good enough.

Now, if you're asking me who I'd rather have a few drinks with, it's Jurgen. Pep I'd only want to have a drink with if he signed a legal waiver promising he would not talk about anything other than football.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Klopp for me too he took Dortmund from poverty state to German champion and CL finalist and got Liverpool to compete in highest level his man management and tactics are elite too.

Pep well he is one of best inbthis era but he spend big at every club he in also not winning CL since barca is big factor too imo.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
I lean more towards Klopp. The older i get, the more appealing the argument that Pep has not been in an "underdog" club gets

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I initially voted for Pep but most of it is based on what he achieved with Barca tbh and just thinking about it I have to go with Klopp, tho it's really really hard to compare. I think if Liverpool were to retain the title, or maybe win the CL again then it'd definitely put it to bed.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I think in addition to what Pep has done for Barcelona, Bayern and City, must we not forget his impact, and yes he had an impact, on Spanish football from 2008-2012. Spain defended the European Cup, as well as winning a historic world cup title between them.

Pep's football is more balanced than Klopp's in my opinion, albeit only slightly. Klopp has shown his ability to prepare magnificent tactical plans, in addition to his high energy football yes, but you see more variety of approach with Pep.

Pep's impact on the game is reminiscent of your Wenger's, Cruyff's, Bielsa's. Klopp also brings that innovation to the game, albeit not as much as Pep for me.

Just slightly ahead for me is Pep (55-45), Klopp adding more titles will tilt the scales in his favour.

GDeep™

League is very weak
How would Klopp hit those heights without Xavi, Iniesta and Messi?
Dominating Europe with this Liverpool would go close to matching those heights - and that’s not impossible, they are maybe the best team in Europe alongside Bayern. There are different ways to “hit those heights”. You have to say what Jose done by winning two European Cups with teams like Porto and Inter will go down in history - Klopp in Europe hasn’t even surpassed him from the recent era, never mind Pep.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom