• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Has Wenger taken us as far as he can?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolution

Mastadon said:
I did think we were more likely to win the CL than the PL over the last few years. In the knockout stages we just need to perform over 2 games at a time and with some luck and a good draw anything can happen. Liverpool won the CL with a very average team and Porto did the same.
Liverpool should never have won the CL in 2005, but they should have won it in 2007. Funny game.

I'm not sure why Wenger extending his deal is 'great' news. Unless there is a statement of intent this summer, it's plus ca change.

FinnGooner

Established Member
Not really news but it's about time to get this (the contract) out of the way.

I'm not disappointed but not ecstatic about it either. What I expect is the same old fourth place battles and opportunistic signings with varying degrees of success. Maybe a domestic cup win in there somewhere.

Hopefully I'm wrong, though, and Wenger succeeds in his his final push to put Arsenal up there with the big boys. In the end, even though I don't think Wenger is the only right person, or even the best, to manage Arsenal, I know things could be a lot worse as well.

Inthe blood

Established Member
Great news!!.... can only see us improving and Wenger has earned that right to lead us into the future with war chests at the ready.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Will judge if he's the man to take us forward this summer. we've spent years bring a slingshot to a gunfight. Hopefully it's a new day now with the Özil signing and cup win.

US_Gooner

Established Member
Well, it turns out that Wenger took us further, based on when this thread was started. So, the answer to the OP's question, "Has Wenger taken us as far as he can?", is "No, Wenger can take us farther".

Although Wenger should not be immune from criticism, it seems unfair of us to continue this particular thread.

Maybe it's time to ask a new question.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The thread title became redundant a while ago, it was created when we were like 10th last season and once again it was "we're not going to make top four".

Change the thread title to "can Wenger deliver us the league and/or champions league?", would be better imo. I'm obviously in the opinion that we can.

Anyways ecstatic that it's three years as opposed to the two that was being suggested, the Wenger era isn't over by a long shot.... really is a big two fingers to the media who've tried (and on a small scale succeeded) to turn the fans against him too. The chants during the Norwich game a few weeks says it all.... there's only one Arsène Wenger.

blaze_of_glory

Wenger says fans can expect "big" summer

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.arseblog.com/2014/05/wenger-fans-can-expect-a-big-summer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.arseblog.com/2014/05/wenger ... ig-summer/</a>

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Hope Wenger not trolling us and just get us excited for nothing. we really need good summer to compete with the like of Liverpool Man City Chelsea.

Mastadon

Established Member
Its in Wenger's hands now the FA Cup win has given us a massive lift and our transfer budget is bigger every year. Sagna is likely off but we won't be losing anyone else in the next couple of years unless we want them gone. I'm gonna call it now by the time Wenger's contract expires we will have won the PL or CL. Absolutely love the old man and have complete faith that he is best man for the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom