• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

healing break??

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
i was talking to a friend of mine and he said he thought Arsène should inject some more youth in the starting lineup to help with the hangover from the loss to manure. its still haunting the team he said. i am not so sure about it but he is. suggested this for a starting lineup:

lehmann

cole toure senderos lauren

reyes vieira flamini pennant

RVP HENry

that is too much of an overhaul for my tastes but he seemed pretty convinced. am i alone?? i think one or two changes in the starting lineup is fine but senderos is too inexperienced (even though he played well against everton) and ljungberg has been too full of running and has been one of the few livewires in the squad. it would be unfair to drop him. RVP has definitely made a strong case and i would not mind seeing him start but i really dont think we should over-react here. these are proven performers who have just come off the longest unbeaten streak in the history of the english top flight. a few draws and they are all of a sudden crap?? i dont think so. faith in these players is key to reviving them. but i might be wrong. maybe the confidence in the dressing room needs to be raised buy players who were not integral to the unbeaten run and who in turn are not too hurt by its ending. their confidence surely has been heightened by the recent carling cup wins against premiership opposition and this might be key to helping the club out of the slump. i think the fact that we are playing against tottenscum is enough motivation to pick up the stars. what do u guys think??

Arsenal316

I feel that it won't hurt Wenger to insert some young players to replace some of our starting 11. Play them in the EPL, while saving the starting 11 for the CL.

I think Hoyte and Lauren are interchangable. So are Ljungberg and Pennant. Flamini and Fabregas can rotate to partner Vieira now, (Because Edu and Gilberto are hurt). Clichy and Cole have interchanged more than once. And as for RVP, he can be interchanged with either Reyes or Pires.

Hoyte, Clichy, Pennant, Fabregas, and RVP should get more playing time. When the FA Cup comes around, you'll probably see them in those games too because of the huge fixture congestion. (Assuming we get to the knockout stages of the CL). Wenger should use these 5 players more as of right now......but I don't know if that will happen to the extent that we would all like.

A

Anonymous

lehmann

cole toure senderos lauren

reyes vieira flamini pennant

RVP HENry
:shock: your team is back to front, cole and reyes on the right, lauren and pennant on the left. or if you look at it the other way round lehmann is upfront :wink:

Gunner4life09

lehman

Laure toure sendors Cole

Pennant Cesc flamini Reyes

Henry RVP

Bench: Vieira, Bergkamp, Lyunberg, Cygan, Alumina.

pretty strong bench :wink:

malagar

I think that Almunia should get more first team outings too. The poor guy is rotting in the reserves. He deserves a chance to show himself and porve his worth in tougher games

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Clichy will have a better chance of more playing time when he isn't injured.

Personally, I wouldn't make too many changes for Sp**s, but Arsène must be tempted to throw Robin and Jermaine in for Dennis and Freddy.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom