Hector Bellerin: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by samshere, Aug 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

Hector Bellerin

[​IMG]

Nationality:
    Spanish
    Position: Right Back
    Height: 1.78m
    Dominant foot: Right
    Contract Until: 2023

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  2. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Bellerin and Tierney back to full training in September. Great news.

Gooner Zig, Jury, drippin and 6 others like this.
  3. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Starting to miss this lad and also keen to see if AMN isn't going to just be another AOC. RB isn't ideal for him. Need to see more in other positions.
    We'll have phenomenal pace in our team once our FBs are back.

4. ASIF

ASIF Well-Known Member

The sooner bellerin and Tierney are back the better.I believe we will be a different animal once these two are back..Bellerin and Pepe is mouth watering

Jury and Mark Tobias like this.
  5. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

Absolutely brilliant news.

Jackie_Treehorn likes this.
  6. Jackie_Treehorn

Jackie_Treehorn Well-Known Member

So happy to hear this news. I think these two will unlock this team’s true potential. I’ve bought my away shirt and decided Hector’s name and number are going on it. I love his playing style and I love his political voice. Welcome back, Hector!

7. Trilly

Trilly The John Cross of Ilford

Tierney catches Salah and prevents Liverpool from making it a 3-0, that’s a fact, can’t wait for his athleticism on that wing. I do think we’ll lose out on some of Monreal’s technique and experience though, he also has really good attacking movement.

Bellerin imo is an upgrade in all departments on AMM, AMN is better technically but doesn’t seem to use it to any benefit. We need him back badly!

Hleb's Sirush and ASIF like this.
  8. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Can’t wait to see this guy back. I love him to bits.

His performance against Spuds at home last year flew somewhat under the radar. His pass to Rambo for Auba’s second was unreal;

9. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

Felt like so long since I've seen him play. It's sad because just before this long injury he had another injury right before that so he's barely played for over a year.

Gooner Zig and Trilly like this.
  10. Kingofthebongo

Kingofthebongo Well-Known Member

I am not sure how accurate this is, but it seems to me that Bellerin is looking as slim/lean as he did when he first broke out as a teenager.
    Perhaps he lost some of that extra weight that he put on throughout the years.

11. zilfy

zilfy Well-Known Member

I really hope he returns to the player he was before the injury. His best asset was his pace and in concerned that no one can return to that level of pace after such a serious injury.

Anyone with examples of cases in which players have returned to same level of speed, athleticism? Please post to ease my troubled mind

Mark Tobias likes this.
  12. Leo_ense_

Leo_ense_ Well-Known Member

Bellerin returning is a game changer for us

Jackie_Treehorn likes this.
  13. Trilly

What a match this was. The passion in Laca and Torreira's celebrations man, chills.

GoonerJeeves, OSBK, lufere7 and 2 others like this.
  14. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

That's a bold statement. I don't see how he has a better pass or cross than AMN. AMN is the better footballer imo, but that stands to reason as well.

Mitch likes this.
  15. Trilly

Bold but ultimately true imo. Look at the pass Bellerin played to Ramsey that TGG mentioned. We’ve seen him play similar passes, he tends to get quite unconventional assists for a fullback.

AMN is the better footballer but he doesn’t use it for anything. On the rare occasions he shoots its wild, his passing is inconsistent and for some reason he doesn’t know how to take a throw on.

American_Gooner likes this.
  16. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

:lol: Never change, AM.

American_Gooner and Trilly like this.
  17. Trilly

I kid you not I’ve read an article that expressed shock at him finding his man from a throw on. :lol:

18. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

And to think we did that with mustafi in the team.

Trilly likes this.
  19. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig AM's Resident Accountant Trusted

:rofl:

I like AMN but he's not even in the same league as Hector.

Trilly likes this.
  20. lufere7

lufere7 Well-Known Member

Can't believe how excited I am for the return of the 2 full backs, you watch Liverpool and you can see how much of a difference they can potentially make, Robertson and TAA feel like the heart of their team sometimes.

That's achievable for us probably, Emery teams make good full backs look like stars, we saw a glimpse with Bellerin. Let's hope Tierney is half as good as he was on the SPL.