Hector Bellerin: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by samshere, Aug 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

I agree with this. It isn't that I think he is utter rubbish but that he seems to carry an unwarranted reputation as a WC/potentially WC right back and I am not so sure he ever will be. A very useful player, yes, definitely, but WC no sorry, not IMO.

Toby Andrl likes this.
  2. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Some 70's mentality here on personal grooming..

3. BaZZe

BaZZe Bitterswede

Our fickle fans are eager to throw yet another player under the bus at the slightest hint? What a shocker! :facepalm: AMN is a better RB are you f*cking kidding? :rofl:

Symbia, yorch44 and Squillaci like this.
  4. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Everything was better in the 70s! Especially the pubic hair, granted I had none at the time.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  5. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Selling Bellerin is the worst thing we could do. He's one of our highest valued assets for a reason.

Squillaci likes this.
  6. Eaststander74

Eaststander74 Well-Known Member

Struggling to think of what the reason is tbh.,,

Mitch likes this.
  7. Rex Banter

Rex Banter YNWA Trusted

Genuinely think he’s a world class RB. We look ten times better when he’s on the pitch.

New AM whipping boy now Ramsey has left.

roz likes this.
  8. rich 1990

rich 1990 Loves the A-M Mods

[​IMG]

skience3 likes this.
  9. yorch44

yorch44 Well-Known Member

Wtf!!! Is really people this stupid?! Suggesting we could get a better RB when good ones are in extinction? Only one I could take over him is Dortmund’s RB . God Chambers is not even a RB.

10. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

Big decision to be made regarding Bellerin. Do we gamble on him getting back to where he was a few years back or cash-in next summer while he's still held in a high regard? Cutting him slack because he's not long back from such a serious injury.

Artisan and krackpot like this.
  11. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

Yeah he was pretty poor today

12. say yes

say yes To VAR

I love his personality, but I don’t think there’s anything particularly special about his game.

Artisan and Eaststander74 like this.
  13. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Laca Respect for Alexandre

Well it's ridiculous if you expect him to play every game after this injury. He's been our only RB for years.

Artisan and samshere like this.
  14. grange

grange Well-Known Member

Embarrassing from the fans. He's going to need some time considering the type of injury he had and the role/position he fills here. I expect him to look rusty for a couple of months and he's not going to be confident with that knee during that time. He's going to need rotation on top of that.

skience3 and samshere like this.
  15. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

It will take him time to get back to full sharpness that's why the club were taking slow with him

16. Bagels

Bagels Well-Known Member

Seems hesitant to get stuck into certain tackles still and lacks the confidence to take his man on when the opportunity is there. I think these issues will resolve themselves as time goes on - as many have said already, he's not long back from a major injury.

I don't think he had a great game today, but we had a bit of a spell around the 65th minute where Bellerin pushed high up on the far right and caused all sorts of problems for their defence. I hope (and believe) that particular area of his game is one which sooner or later will begin to shine.

17. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

The worst player on the pitch again.

American_Gooner likes this.
  18. Eaststander74

Eaststander74 Well-Known Member

Not really a footballer, is he? Never was. Missed the boat on cashing in on him. Needs to start eating a few cows to resurrect his career,

19. OSBK

OSBK Well-Known Member

Looks like he has lost a yard of pace. Hope he can recover it or else he is kinda standard

20. roz

roz Well-Known Member

He hasn't played enough, he's rusty. Thats what happens when players return from big injuries. Give the guy a break, we were playing terribly before he got back he needs time.
    Do agree that he seems to have lost some of his pace which is a worry as that is a BIG part of his game.