<

Hector Bellerin: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by samshere, Aug 9, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

I think he means in terms of technical attributes which I don’t disagree with tbh.

However in terms of effectiveness as a right back? He won’t even come close to challenging Bellerin for the starting sport imo.

I didn’t realise how vital Bellerin was until he returned from injury in that Chelsea game we won, we then lost him to this current injury in that same game and it was probably one of the factors that cost us CL football.

2. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

I’m not saying he’s the better RB, I’m saying he’s the better footballer. How do you reckon Hector would do in MF?

We need Hector back, but let’s not forget this is a player who was driving fans mad with his poor positioning, crossing and general mediocrity on the ball. He did good things, but he was frustrating. People were jokingly wishing he’d cut his hair and were also convinced he’d lost a yard of pace, such was their frustration with the player. It was noticeable. But he’s been out for a long time now so I’m true AM style, he’s now a Garrincha/Cafu incarnation all of a sudden. I can’t fault the positivity though!

Artisan and BigPoppaPump like this.
  3. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

I've been trying to not be negative but I've wanted a new RB for years. Lots of people go on like Bellerin is the greatest ever but really there's tons of better right backs out there. Alexander-Arnold at Liverpool isn't even that amazing of a defender but his crosses are so great, never see Hector whipping in crosses like that. Without his pace I don't really see him lasting long here.

Malky and Jury like this.
  4. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

TAA couldnt hit his teammate last week not once, terrible crossing day for him.

5. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Nah Luiz and Sokratis were doing a good job clearing it out, you saw how he hit that corner. The boy can whip one in.

ThlRama likes this.
  6. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

he can, but last weekend he was terrible, my head was hurting even though I liked when he missed, but it was too much

7. Jury

Day... Exactly. On other days, he's making Barcelona his b*tch from corners in CL semi-finals, by showing unreal initiative and pass execution. TAA now, is where Hector needs to be.

8. Jury

Bellerin is just more street-wise as a RB, which is understandable, so overall he'll prove more effective with his timing in the last third and understanding of what's going on in front of him. That's what we miss right now and that's why we miss him. I was impressed with how AMN found Auba the other week though. I asked myself if Hector would have seen and executed that pass/cross... I couldn't say he would have tbh.

Trilly likes this.
  9. Malky

Malky Established Member

It's mad how much fans over-rate a player when they're out injured for so long. Bellerin is good, but his pace is what sets him apart from most RB's and without that, like you said, he could start to look incredibly average. Guys like Sagna and Lauren, at their peak, walk into the side over Bellerin.

BigPoppaPump and Tourbillion like this.
  10. Trilly

Agree. It’s the experience and know how. I’ve just been disappointed with how AMN has failed to utilise his much better ability on the ball.

Trust me, I’m well aware of Bellerin’s failings, there’s a reason why he was moved from the wing to fullback at youth level. He’s very basic on the ball but we’ve suffered from not having an actual right back.

Also RB’s in general aren’t great, it says a lot that Hector is comfortably one of the better RB’s in the league.

11. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

This thread quicklu turned from I can't wait to have Bellerin back to Bellerin is **** RB. :lol:

12. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Vinai Venkatesham Stan Trusted

13. hydrofluoric acid

My sons! :drool:

Ricardinho likes this.
  14. Gooner Zig

Gooner Zig AM's Resident Accountant Trusted

What does that even mean? It's a wishy washy nebulous statement which you can't demonstrably prove.

I like AMN but he hasn't even proved he can be a regular first teamer, let alone a vital cog in a top 4 PL club.

15. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Bellerin is far better right back and the team will be much better for it. There’s no AMN vs Bellerin discussion to be had really. :lol:

Trilly, <<reed>> and Furious like this.
  16. rich 1990

rich 1990 Not A Big Believer In Diversity

AMN is an absolute disgrace on the ball. His passing is downright pathetic.

Furious likes this.
  17. remains

remains Well-Known Member

Just hope he can stay fit after such a bad injury.

Taylor Gang Gunners likes this.
  18. hydrofluoric acid

19. Trilly

20. pacstud

pacstud Well-Known Member

Literally no one does that. However, I agree with the rest of your sentiment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.