<

Hector Bellerin: 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by samshere, Aug 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. pigge

pigge Wishes Wrestling Fans Liked Him

I might have missed it tbf. He was non-existant compared to Tierney.

2. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

Unbeaten under captain hector, our true captain and fashion icon

say yes, Fewtch, samshere and 2 others like this.
  3. GoonerJay24

GoonerJay24 Well-Known Member

Obviously pleased he's recovered from injury.
    However I never rated him too highly, he's limited in attack and slightly suspect defensively.

4. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford

Don’t say that. :(

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  5. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

I thought that it was obvious Bellerin lost his pace last season where he let himself get incredibly out of shape in the off season (which is very unprofessional). Bellerin took a couple of months to shift the timber and and get back into shape but he seemed to have lost the lightning quick pace his once had.

6. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

I feel like Tierney is gonna soak up so much pressure when he gets going that it will be a lot of space for Bellerin on the right flank. Very excited!

MutableEarth likes this.
  7. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

He had Maitland-Niles on his side who was having a stinker. Most of our attacks went down the left in the 1st half because of how well Tierney and Nelson were combining. He was a lot more involved in the 2nd half. Let's not forget he's coming back from a 10 month layoff and not 3 or 4 like Tierney.

pigge and Pepes blue pill like this.
  8. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Why can't he dress like a christian? All this pink Barbara Cartland outfits...some proper tweed should sort him.

Fewtch and Pepes blue pill like this.
  9. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

He has too much fashion sense for that nonsense

10. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

This is on the money, but I think it's more than that.

We are set up to build down the left and ordinarily use the right as an outlet. It's structural. On the left-hand side, you had Holding (LCB), Tierney(LB), Ceballos(LCM) and Nelson(LAM). All players who are comfortable on the ball or want the ball to feet. It was the same when we had Monreal/Iwobi. It's why Luiz's profile was important (ball playing defending who plays LCB). Also explains why Guendouzi plays predominately at LCM.

Our players on the right-hand side by contrast are normally less able ball players or players whose best work is done off the ball. Against Liege, that was Mustafi (RCB), Bellerín (RB), Willock (RCM) and Maitland-Niles (RW).

Bellerin's lack of involvement in the build up is by design but as his fitness progresses we should see more of him as an outlet.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  11. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Agree with all this. Would add that AMN was the odd one out on that right hand side because he is also a player who prefers to have the ball. More time he isn't I'm possession, the more idle he gets. Need someone constantly switched on to that role of less time on the ball. Hopefully that's Pepe, or even Martinelli from the right hand side.

12. GoonerJeeves

A flat cap would do him a world of good, and it would fit now since he got a hair cut.

Pepes blue pill likes this.
  13. GDeep™

GDeep™ Bum Squad CEO

Should be our full time captain tbh.

14. pigge

pigge Wishes Wrestling Fans Liked Him

Disagree.

15. GoonerJeeves

Got the right attitude, but is he assertive enough. Can he be the man?

drippin likes this.
  16. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Its what I have been trying to say last 2 years and get verbally abused on here for it.

The guy has everything you want in good captain!

Pepes blue pill likes this.
  17. GoonerJeeves

Tweed pattern on the scarf today. He's getting there.

18. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Looking forward to this.

19. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

not even close to captain material yet, but definetly has what it takes for it in the future. He'll become one sooner then he should only because of our other options

20. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

Hats fcukin off to him for having the guts to say it. Surely the captain noow?

say yes and Mrs Bergkamp like this.