<

Hector Bellerin: Bad and Boujee

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Mitch, Aug 5, 2020.

1. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character Trusted

Played well. But once we lost Luiz he became less effective going forward.

2. kash2

kash2 Obsessed With Jury

Almost won us the game...too bad he didnt have any support.

celestis and Macho like this.
  3. Macho

Macho Well-Known Member Trusted

Confused by the comments, thought he did really well tbh, particularly first half.

Caught that volley sweetly as well shame it never went in. He’s looking better nowadays for sure.

Kysus and Red London like this.
  4. Manberg

Manberg Predator

Bellerin not getting the credit he deserves. His runs have won us 3 games in the league this season.

NieThePiet, Kysus, ASIF and 7 others like this.
  5. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Having Hector and Auba in my fantasy team is honestly fap worthy.

DasBootist and krengon like this.
  6. Ibadan

Ibadan Gagan Jr

Quietly been one of our best players recently. The defensive work he's putting in has been remarkable. He used to be a clear weak spot for opposition players to exploit but he's put a stop to that.

He's come back from his injury really well.

7. sdotzdot

sdotzdot Well-Known Member

Done really well today. He’s had a few games this season where’s he’s looking very comfortable and solid in all aspects of a FB/WBs game.

He still has games where he looks a different player, but reckon he can definitely get the consistency going.

8. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Bellerin with another quietly good performance that will go ignored because vegan hipster.

9. DasBootist

DasBootist Well-Known Member

Awaiting @Mitch's response to Bellerin's string of strong performances.

GoonerJeeves likes this.
  10. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Contrarian

Played well today can't lie and i'm one of his critics, still think he can be ineffective for stretches of the game.

sdotzdot likes this.
  11. bingobob

bingobob Fan of Technicians Who Show Great Character Trusted

Another solid performance. Didn't lose much and is quietly becoming a vital cog in our attack.

12. AberGooner

AberGooner Well-Known Member

Played some very good crosses today, still feel like he can miscontrol the ball quite often when we are breaking but he's definitely improving.

13. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

The 1st half was not into game 2nd half really got better.

14. Jakarta

Jakarta Well-Known Member

Man what happened to this guys pace?

He was lightning when he first broke through.

15. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

This guy is improving strength to strength. He has very steadily improved since he returned from his ACL.

I think even his harshest critics can accept that (apart from Mitch ofc).

Kysus, dbig and Football Manager like this.
  16. samshere

samshere Why so serieuse?

I always thought that it was his perceived hipster ways that made people dislike him, not his game.

Football Manager likes this.
  17. Pyres7

Pyres7 Well-Known Member

His movement has improved a lot tbf, he's been making some very intelligent runs in the last few games.

Kysus likes this.
  18. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

He needs to do something with that moustache. Makes him look like the policeman in 'Allo 'Allo....

19. Monstar-Gunn4r

Monstar-Gunn4r Well-Known Member

Oddly one of his poorer performance going forward, was defensively good though. Kept passing the ball out to the flanks when he could have run in to space or moved the ball more centrally.

20. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

If you think he has put a string of strong peformances together you either have low standards or dont judge full back on their positional play. As someone else mentioned Arteta was screaming blue murder at Hector for his bad positioning I thought Arteta was going to have a heart attack.

Compare Heccys peformances this season to Gabriel, Holdini and Tierney whom have all been producing peformances of higher quality than Heccy and more consistent (I'd argue Kola has produced more good performances than Heccy too).