• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Hector Bellerin: Renaissance Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner1988TK

What do people expect from this guy? He mentally retired from football a couple years ago. He’s more concerned about looking cute in his kit with the way he tucks it in which I will mention was the reason he committed all those foul throws repeatedly recently. He’s more concerned with his vegan lifestyle, modelling, activism and podcasts. Football is the last thing on his agenda which ironically is the very thing that opened all these doors for his nonsense ventures. I expect nothing from him and hope he’s sent to Paris where he can flourish further in his modelling career. Well if they’re stupid enough to take him off our hands anyway.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

He’s not as bad as people on here say tbh. He’s ok but he’s been here for years and he’s probably not even top 5 rb in the league.

Why he rubs people the wrong way I think is because his profile is bigger than whatever performances he’s capable of on the pitch - and it’s been like that for ages.

Watching him get barged like a boy irked me but otherwise I think he’s had a decent season up until Villa. Been better than Tierney so far in my opinion, who’s not recaptured the form he had during project restart.

Pyres7

He has definitely improved as an attacker, I've been really impressed with him in the final third this season. But his defending really pisses me off. All of Villas goals came down his side. First goal he's ball watching and leaves Targett completely free in the box, second goal he decided to stand between the CBs and leave Nketiah to do his job :facepalm:
Easy ball behind our defence, easy ball accross the box and a tap in for both goals. Doesn't matter how many defenders you put on the pitch if they make mistakes like that.

He also made mistakes against City and Liverpool that cost us goals so it's not like this is a one off. It was a miracle he didn't get a second yellow against Leicester. I'm fed up with it tbh.

Pyromaniac

He has definitely improved as an attacker, I've been really impressed with him in the final third this season. But his defending really pisses me off. All of Villas goals came down his side. First goal he's ball watching and leaves Targett completely free in the box, second goal he decided to stand between the CBs and leave Nketiah to do his job :facepalm:
Easy ball behind our defence, easy ball accross the box and a tap in for both goals. Doesn't matter how many defenders you put on the pitch if they make mistakes like that.

He also made mistakes against City and Liverpool that cost us goals so it's not like this is a one off. It was a miracle he didn't get a second yellow against Leicester. I'm fed up with it tbh.

Wow, that is absolutely horrendous defending for both goals. Why the hell is he positioned so centrally both times, and Holding more on the outside?? His defensive awareness is shocking.

We should move back to a back 4 and Bellerin should not be in that. Let AMN play RB, he is way better at defending. Doesn't get bounced off like a limp noodle.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I've been diplomatic about Bellerin because he's popular and good at PR but he's another bum that's holding us back. The fact that it took 40 year old Jesus Navas to get injured for him to get a call up for Spain says a lot. Too busy focused on being an influencer, not a serious player.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I've been diplomatic about Bellerin because he's popular and good at PR but he's another bum that's holding us back. The fact that it took 40 year old Jesus Navas to get injured for him to get a call up for Spain says a lot. Too busy focused on being an influencer, not a serious player.
Liked him when he was potential, thought he would go back to Barcelona, but he hasn’t developed at all. The guy is a bum now.

Lucky he’s Spanish, you seem to escape a lot of stick when you’re Spanish.

mpower2540

If Maitland Niles has anything about him, he should be gunning for Bellerins’ spot but it looks like he’s back in sulking mode.

Your opponents often tell you what your weaknesses are and Villa targeted our right side all night. He can attack quite well at times but he gets found out in games like this.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
If Maitland Niles has anything about him, he should be gunning for Bellerins’ spot but it looks like he’s back in sulking mode.

Your opponents often tell you what your weaknesses are and Villa targeted our right side all night. He can attack quite well at times but he gets found out in games like this.

That's because their right flank is nobody while their left flank is Grealish. :lol:

Malky

Established Member
Watching him get barged like a boy irked me but otherwise I think he’s had a decent season up until Villa. Been better than Tierney so far in my opinion, who’s not recaptured the form he had during project restart.
A bit unfair comparing him to Tierney - Bellerin is playing RWB, he's not being asked to play RCB. Tierney is out of position, other than a few games for Scotland, he's spent his entire career as a LB.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
He had no support from Pepe in the second half.

In the above clip, for the first goal we had 10 men inside the box. 8 on the 2nd goal. Last thing you could blame is Bellerin having no support. For some inexplicable reason for both goals he started to drift to the centre, an area already heavily congested with our players and vacate his position. If he just stayed wide he could have stopped both crosses coming in.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He’s not as bad as people on here say tbh. He’s ok but he’s been here for years and he’s probably not even top 5 rb in the league.

Why he rubs people the wrong way I think is because his profile is bigger than whatever performances he’s capable of on the pitch - and it’s been like that for ages.

Yep. I think a lot of fans see Bellerin as a wannabe Beckham than a geniune footballer. Personally, I don't care for the fashion or veganism, it's his life and footballers are allowed to have interest outside their craft. The issue is that the things that he's into sometimes come into conflict with the image of how a footballer should behave. Grealish can get wasted on a Friday night and he's one of the lads, Greenwood and Foden can invite Insta models to their hotel rooms and they're seen as young boys doing what boys do. I'm aware that newspapers try to bash them but you often get a lot of comments that support them and that it's their private lives that should be left private. On the case of Bellerin, a man who likes fashion or won't eat meat implies he's not fully focused on his football or his life decisions somehow makes him a worse footballer. To me it all seems a bit hypocritical. I just feel like Bellerin is always going to be one of those footballers who rub some fans up the wrong way despite what they do on the pitch.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Bellerin has definitely improved attacking wise. There is more variation to his attacking play, at first he was your classic touchline full back in open space and now he overlaps and underlaps. However, defensively he has regressed, big time. I suspect his loss of athleticism has forced him to improve on certain aspects but athleticism can easily buy you out of bad situations. Seeing him bump off Grealish like that annoyed me because he looks so weak out there. At one point of time he was considered the most expensive defenders in football and you can't help but feel like we should have sold him sooner.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

To be fair to Tierney, he has far more responsibility than Bellerin. There's no contest when both are actually played in their proper positions. Bellerin is always played in his proper position whereas Tierney is being asked to play some weird CB, DM, LWB chimera evey week.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Bellerin position awareness is always been bad he don't know where his man at always defend narrow and leave our right wide area exposed i don't know how Arteta didn't notice that yet most teams attack us from right side because they know bellerin has lot of bad moments

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I am pretty sure Bellerin position is instructed - that inverted rb role is actually a thing apparently.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

That defending on the first goal is actually comical. Completely leaves his man.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

Grealish was faster with the ball at his feet than Bellerin, and compare that to some of the old clips. He is finished as a player, it's only a question now of how long we're gonna tolerate it.
His decline has nothing to do with lack of positioning or understanding, it's purely a physical decline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom