• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan: 2019/20 Performances

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Is he another one of which the club is unable to sell?
Roma tried to permanently sign him in January and we rejected their bid. Seems he may have a future here, which is despicable, but nonetheless not surprising at all for this club.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
This isn't an Özil bashing exercise, but I do feel Mkhi would be a more effective CAM than Özil under Arteta. Ideally though, we sell both and buy an exciting, younger player.

Kav

Established Member
He hasn't been spectacular since he came to us but he hasn't been awful either (Kallstrom) so if we can't sell him for a reasonable fee then i say we use him.

He'd be a pretty good CM if we use him like Cazorla. That would free up Özil as the opposition would have to try to block two different passing lanes. When you add the double teams on pepe we could have more creativity for our strikers/forwards.

The problem is we don't have a Kessie or Partey of Kante type of midfielder to dominate the middle along with him.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Never understood how professional footballers can give the ball away in 5/10 yard passes. This guy and Xhaka need booting. Not an Özil fan but would rather watch Özil til he hits 40 than watch Miki play for us again

Kav

Established Member
This **** never gets old, 7 years and we are still trying to find someone who could play with princess Özil. Looks like we are waiting now for a broken loanee to come back and help him

Based on your post it appears you did not watch many arsenal games between 2013- 2016 when we had Özil and Cazorla in the same lineup.

Cazorla was so effective in the deep midfield that he allowed Özil to have a lot more time on the ball. There is no surprise to those who are tactically astute that both our performances and results faltered when Cazorla was missing. These type of players work very well together in the same team.

That is why i have been calling for us to get a andre gomes or / Jorginho/Moutinho type of player to dictate the play in the deep midfield. We have no such player and ceballos is far from the finished article.

I suggest you watch over some of those games and come back and we can have a proper discussion about the topic.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Never understood how professional footballers can give the ball away in 5/10 yard passes. This guy and Xhaka need booting. Not an Özil fan but would rather watch Özil til he hits 40 than watch Miki play for us again
There was one game last season where he literally done nothing, put 0 tackles in, just jogged, poor passing.

Pathetic in England.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
He hasn't been spectacular since he came to us but he hasn't been awful either (Kallstrom) so if we can't sell him for a reasonable fee then i say we use him.

He'd be a pretty good CM if we use him like Cazorla. That would free up Özil as the opposition would have to try to block two different passing lanes. When you add the double teams on pepe we could have more creativity for our strikers/forwards.

The problem is we don't have a Kessie or Partey of Kante type of midfielder to dominate the middle along with him.

There is no way he can be used as Santi. The ball was stuck to Cazrlas feet, hardly ever had a bad first touch and could keep the ball in tight spaces. Mikhitaryan`s touch is extremly sloppy, it was bad enough seeing him give the ball away constantly in the final third,imagine him doing the same closer to our own goal.

Kav

Established Member
There is no way he can be used as Santi. The ball was stuck to Cazrlas feet, hardly ever had a bad first touch and could keep the ball in tight spaces. Mikhitaryan`s touch is extremly sloppy, it was bad enough seeing him give the ball away constantly in the final third,imagine him doing the same closer to our own goal.
Be honest he'd be better than Xhaka in Midfield... you know it.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Him and Özil needs binning. When he was here some of you wanted him gone and now some of you are crying for him to come back.

What is it with Arsenal fans that makes it impossible for us to really do away with sh!t players.

We should've sold him to Roma to free up his 180k wage.

That wage should be put into the transfer market

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Based on your post it appears you did not watch many arsenal games between 2013- 2016 when we had Özil and Cazorla in the same lineup.

Cazorla was so effective in the deep midfield that he allowed Özil to have a lot more time on the ball. There is no surprise to those who are tactically astute that both our performances and results faltered when Cazorla was missing. These type of players work very well together in the same team.

That is why i have been calling for us to get a andre gomes or / Jorginho/Moutinho type of player to dictate the play in the deep midfield. We have no such player and ceballos is far from the finished article.

I suggest you watch over some of those games and come back and we can have a proper discussion about the topic.
I don't disagree at all on this, just wanted to say good luck with finding another Cazorla because Mkhi, Xhaka or any of our midfielders are not even close to being that.
Even if we would find one, why bother with Özil? Cazorla made Coquelin look like a world class DMC so I'm sure he would do wonders with someone like ESR

Reactions: Kav

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
**** me :lol:, are we still having discussions on whether this flop can be useful for us, Arsenal fans have such short term memories, he's literally had two decent games for us as I can recall, the decadence of this club never ceases to amaze.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Relax people. If Arteta turns round and says he has no future at the club that drives his already low price into the ground.

If he continues to play well for Roma and they think maybe we keep him in summer they may bid abit more.

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
When on form, Mkhi is incredible. Unfortunately when he plays badly, it's really bad and he's usually the worst player on the pitch.

Let's see if Arteta can get him playing consistently.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Mkhi excels under the coaches that play a footballing style that suits his game eg excelled under Tuchel, Wenger & Fonseca but was poor for Klopp, Jose and Emery.

Top Bottom