• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan: 2019/20 Performances

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He was involved in all of our attacks, its unreal the amount of stick he gets. He created space for Auba by drawing Lascelles away for the goal. I think he's a decent player, not world class but we don't need each and every member of the squad to be world class.
This is true but he is also extremely wasteful. I thought he was better than he has been for us but still so frustrating. He gets the stick because he is like the 3rd highest earner at the club but he is one of the least productive..

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
People inside of football rate him. Captain of Gladbach, Switzerland and Arsenal.

People outside of football, particularly some toxic Arsenal fans, don't.

I'm just glad I'm on the right side.
There is a middle ground you know... Some terrible players have made Switzerland before. It means very little. He did well in the Bundesliga. But he has not displayed this immaculate talent that you and all the others seems to give him credit for EVERY game.
I was very excited when we signed him. I also praised him for a much improved season last season but what I will not do is create this godlike status for him even when he is average.
He had a really crap 1st half. So it is great he had a second half but the damage was already done to negate a stellar performance... Yet here on AM he is being elevated to godly heights despite not actually ever achieving them. That is the issue.

Your 'you're either in the Xhaka camp or you're not' statement is absolute bullsh!t

samshere

Why so serieuse?
This is true but he is also extremely wasteful. I thought he was better than he has been for us but still so frustrating. He gets the stick because he is like the 3rd highest earner at the club but he is one of the least productive..
Give him a unbroken run through the center, before judging him. I think he'll easily be as good as Özil there. And this was the first match of the season, its acceptable if he was more rusty than usual.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

There is a middle ground you know... Some terrible players have made Switzerland before. It means very little. He did well in the Bundesliga. But he has not displayed this immaculate talent that you and all the others seems to give him credit for EVERY game.
I was very excited when we signed him. I also praised him for a much improved season last season but what I will not do is create this godlike status for him even when he is average.
He had a really crap 1st half. So it is great he had a second half but the damage was already done to negate a stellar performance... Yet here on AM he is being elevated to godly heights despite not actually ever achieving them. That is the issue.

Your 'you're either in the Xhaka camp or you're not' statement is absolute bullsh!t

We're clogging up the Mkhi thread now. Yes I know there is a middle ground - refer to my previous post where I have clearly stated he had a poor first half.

Some great players have poor moments.. halves.. games. Messi included.

There is a culture of complaining amongst Arsenal fans now whereby any mistake is elevated and "negates" any positives that can be taken from a performance. Take AMN for instance - he has performed over and above what could reasonably be expected for a CM/Winger who was transitioned into a FB due to an injury crisis and yet we are still one mistake away from our fans saying "he's not a full back" and ignoring any progress he's actually made.

It's ****ing tedious, to be honest.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Give him a unbroken run through the center, before judging him. I think he'll easily be as good as Özil there. And this was the first match of the season, its acceptable if he was more rusty than usual.
He might even score more goals if he can keep his shots below the height of row double z

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
He is way too inconsistent but I agree with the comments that he wasn't as bad as people are making him out to be. If we are judging him while keeping in mind the wages he is on and the player we know he can be, then he had a crap game. However if we forget those two things he was okay. Not great but definitely not atrocious like it is claimed. People have become so biased that they refuse to see anything good he does.

Take this Newcastle game for example. He was quite involved, was trying to take on players regularly. Played one lovely pass over the top to send Auba in on goal. Even the chance he ballooned over, he got into position, which for many players that would be used as some positive

He isn't a starter for us but can be a useful squad player.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
he is a good enough backup CAM ... he is a confidence player, and an extended run in a settled system will bring out the best in him. Some stuff he does on the field is pure quality.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
he is a good enough backup CAM ... he is a confidence player, and an extended run in a settled system will bring out the best in him. Some stuff he does on the field is pure quality.
Yes, let's throw out the goal of top 4 so we can get a one of the highest earners at the club to grow his confidence.
For the money we pay, he is utter garbage.

Kingofthebongo

Simply put. I think he has lost his passion for football long, long ago. Seems a smart fella and a nice family man. Probably doing the best he can with the little drive he has left in the tank.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Wonder if emery can help him restore his confidence. He should be told to play with no pressure, redefine his game, work on physical side of things to make up for his lack of pace or burst.

I think he could do well as a sidekick to a main creator. Problem is, with Özil you have 2 passengers in defensive phase. 3 if you count kola's attempts at defending

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Wonder if emery can help him restore his confidence. He should be told to play with no pressure, redefine his game, work on physical side of things to make up for his lack of pace or burst.

I think he could do well as a sidekick to a main creator. Problem is, with Özil you have 2 passengers in defensive phase. 3 if you count kola's attempts at defending
We have Pepe. Mkhi’s contract expires next summer unless we renew it at 250kpw. Guy is a dead man walking.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Simply put. I think he has lost his passion for football long, long ago. Seems a smart fella and a nice family man. Probably doing the best he can with the little drive he has left in the tank.
Agree with this. It's not that he doesn’thave the ability, it just feels like he is drained. Like last season he was good for a small amount of games. If he didn’t have that ridiculous wage I wouldn't even want to sell him that much

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
He's not as bad as people say he is, I also think his best position is number 10. The reason fans are so harsh on him is because he's paid so much, but that's the bum Sven's fault.

Really if Lacazette was having the same performances as Mkhitaryan they would be praising him.

He's not as bad as people say he is, I also think his best position is number 10. The reason fans are so harsh on him is because he's paid so much, but that's the bum Sven's fault.

Really if Lacazette was having the same performances as Mkhitaryan they would be praising him.

Nah I dont care what players get paid or what they cost. I think majority on here are ****** when they try to argue that Elneny is good footballer because he was cheap. I mean wtf man?

Miki could play here for free but that wouldnt excuse him from some of the stuff he does on the field these days.

Last edited:

Weliveinacrazyworld

A very, very well known member
Just made an account, this is my first post on ArsenalMania :D

Anyways... Mkhitaryan offers absolutely nothing to Arsenal FC and should be sold either this winter or next summer. I’m absolutely baffled that Emery went with an aging Mkhi when Reiss Nelson, a fast/young winger who would tear up Sp**s’ tired defence, is sitting on the bench

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Just made an account, this is my first post on ArsenalMania :D

Anyways... Mkhitaryan offers absolutely nothing to Arsenal FC and should be sold either this winter or next summer. I’m absolutely baffled that Emery went with an aging Mkhi when Reiss Nelson, a fast/young winger who would tear up Sp**s’ tired defence, is sitting on the bench
Agree wholeheartedly.

Welcome! Whisper the Nelson stuff quietly though, hes persona non Grata currently round these parts :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom