• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Highbury noise.

XxGoonaStuxX

I know this is a much talked about topic. But it is often quiet at home games. What are the stands that sing ?
Am I right in thinking the East and West stands don't sing ?

Henry's Girl

west stand mourn slapz dead ferrets, so they're quite(or according to slapz, they pay ppl to chant for them) , i've experience in the east stand that , the blocks closer to the north stand get influenced by the northerns and sing but the others......(i've been on every block in the east).
The stand with the best atmosphere is the north stand imo.

A

Anonymous

The Best chant i've heard in highbury was Glory GLORY Man United and the reds go marching on on on.

quattro

myth said:
The Best chant i've heard in highbury was Glory GLORY Man United and the reds go marching on on on.

lol! to little avail i see since you haven't won at highbury since 1999.

beaney

NORTH stand is the place to be, all the hardcore arsenal supporters are there and virtually all the chants emminate from there.

the west upper is the prawn sarnie brigade, and the south is away supporters and corporate boxes so not a lot coming form there.

only been on the east stand once many years ago, so cnat comment on that.

Alexone234

The east stand is soooooo quiet.

This weekend, I thought that the Clockend took some time to get going, the North Bank was making a great noisey racket and the Blackburn fans were crap. The West Stand have been trying to join in more "we're the North Bank"...."we're the west stand".

The best chant of the weekend was when the Blackburn dummer started to bang a beat, which everyone in HIghbury turned into a new "Theirry Henry" song.

A

Anonymous

The loudest stand is the East Upper, all the toffs with sandwiches and flasks in their hands singing their hearts out and giving themselves throat cancer to support Arsenal! (Being sarky incase your lost)

TOO MANY POOFS AND TOFFS! GET RID OF THEM!

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Alexone234 said:
The best chant of the weekend was when the Blackburn dummer started to bang a beat, which everyone in HIghbury turned into a new "Theirry Henry" song.

that was good everyone singing to Clockend beat
Maybe we should get a drummer to beat away

A

Anonymous

The hardcore support is in the clock end.
The north bank now a days is made up of kids, families and tourists.

The Clock End is the place to be. (Unless you dont like standing).

Spartan

beaney said:
NORTH stand is the place to be, all the hardcore arsenal supporters are there and virtually all the chants emminate from there.

the west upper is the prawn sarnie brigade, and the south is away supporters and corporate boxes so not a lot coming form there.

u must be going to different games than me beaney...the north bank is so f*ckin quiet now its unbelievable. most noise comes from the clock end...even they were takin the piss outta the north bank on sunday "where were you on wednesday night!!!" :eek:ops:

west lower where i sit is much louder than the north bank now...east and west upper you may aswell sleep if you sit up there...you get dirty looks if you start singing...how dare i!!! :twisted:

beaney

Spartan said:
beaney said:

u must be going to different games than me beaney...the north bank is so f*ckin quiet now its unbelievable.

blimey! i must be! when i was there the other week for the rotherham game i was in the west stand and the north bank was where it was all happening and i went again to the Wolves game i was in the North Bank and it was well noisey!

maybe they dont turn up at the league games????
(i never get to league games so i wouldnt know what its like!)

Spartan

ExiledInNewcastle said:
West Stand only sings when we're being presented with league trophies!

haha we have our moments...my block (R) is more vociferous coz we're right next to the away fans :twisted:

beaney...i understand now...carling cup's a whole different scenario - no season ticket holders, no regulars and the fans that do go appreciate it as they dont go too often :wink:

beaney

Spartan said:
beaney...i understand now...carling cup's a whole different scenario - no season ticket holders, no regulars and the fans that do go appreciate it as they dont go too often :wink:

cool, i thought for a moment there i was perhaps sitting in the away fans section!!!!!

i get ot go to about 6-10 games a year. mostly league cup, some fa cup, if im lucky an early CL game and on the odd occasion a league game (where the only tickets i could get were west upper so the atmosphere was ****e)

Nasso

The simple fact remains - away support pisses all over most home games, at least the ones I've been to.

reggiepaul

Our away support is so good it makes me wonder about the posts I've read. Are you really talking about Highbury?

North bank LOWER sing and the Clockend ALWAYS sings. The West lower and east lower have pockets of singers here and there but usually closer to the North Bank or ClockEnd and only rarely do you get the whole of Highbury singing but then it's still kinda pants because, quite simple, the passion isn't there.

Now if you want passion you go to an away game with Arsenal and you get all the singing there. It's a whole different world and if you go out of the country it's even better. There is this whole instinctive factor to overseas gooners because you can spot one or track one down from 2 miles away. Be it the scent or whatever it's there.

Highbury lacks atmosphere for a few reasons.

Ticket prices (lost and gained different types of fans)

The "these deep and dark regions and corners of the east and lower scare me I can't breathe let alone sing" claustrophobia brigade of the east and west stands.

The "hoo rah giles, it was spiffin at highbury oer tha weekend old chum" personality brigade (fun to talk to mind)

The "I can't get to many games but once I'm there I'm **** scared of all the people" brigade.

The "I don't need to sing if I don't want to" brigade.

The "I have forced my girlfriend to come and she has me under her thumb" brigade

The "these people around me telepathically threaten me with death if I sing" paranoia brigade

The "removing those seats from the north bank has cursed me and many others to sit with posh folk" brigade

and The "I lost my voice in the north bank all those years back" brigade

and many other reasons collected as of yet.

Be it people around you or what not singing is the main factor in many football matches. Without it football wouldn't be the same.

If you really want atmosphere go to an away game with Arsenal.

wiltord11

Spartan said:
ExiledInNewcastle said:
West Stand only sings when we're being presented with league trophies!

haha we have our moments...my block (R) is more vociferous coz we're right next to the away fans :twisted:

thats true ive been to the two carling cup games and i was at the west lower and it was pretty noisey but then i watched the blackburn match on pay per view and the crowd seem so quiet i dont know why they should be trying to get behing the team i think theres to many glory hunters with season tickets and thats the problem

marhes26

Sorry but im a clock end season ticket holder and i have to say -North Bank sing?? lol yeah right! saying that the atmosphere seems to be getting worse lately....i feel like slapping some people.They sit there like some doped up druggie gazing at the stadium like a tourist.I was speaking to one of the stewards at the Blackburn game and she told me against Fulham there was a old lady doing her knitting!!.God knows what the players think.i feel like the home fans are letting the players down.Ljungberg has a few times this season has waved his arms in the air to gesture to raise the noise...i thought we are meant to gee the players on...not the other way.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom