• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 941,560
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
seem we trying to get Aouar first before Partey because it's easier deal it's very clear we waiting to sell players first that what areteta mention after Westham game. let's hope Mustafi Torreira and Kola all gone this week.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
a) athleticism is overrated on this forum, there's more than one way to skin a cat, and the best way is through quality and positioning, frankly.
b) Guendouzi is underrated here athletically--he's not a portent, but he's not a physical low-end like Dani, Thiago, Kroos, Xhaka etc. I wouldn't describe him as slow.
c) Guendouzi if he learned how to defend is probably a better player than Thomas. That's a huge if, but I would like to see what a proper manager can do with him.

:lol: Not that it's a meaningful comparison as one is a kid but Thomas is better both offensively and defensively than Guendouzi. Technically, tactically, and physically.

Annoys the **** out of me when black players are only recognised for athleticism.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
:lol: Not that it's a meaningful comparison as one is a kid but Thomas is better both offensively and defensively than Guendouzi. Technically, tactically, and physically.

Annoys the **** out of me when black players are only recognised for athleticism.
I agree to an extent—used to piss me off when people would call Song rapid, just cause he was black, when in reality he was just a little more mobile than Xhaka—but Guendouzi has a bit more potential as a passer. But yeah, Thomas is no doubt the complete package and I would love for us to sign him, just saying if it’s between him and Aouar it’s a no brainer, the drop off from Thomas to Guendouzi and Aouar to, erm, nothing, have nothing to do with each other.

problem with Thomas is it’s hard to separate the noise that comes from playing Cholo ball. We can’t know if he’ll have the personality that Guendouzi does to receive and take initiative from deep because he’s not played under a manager who’s asked that of him. I assume he does but Guendouzi does really have the potential to be a world class 6. If he can defend. Big if.

Gegen Pressing

Aulas is somewhat of a scam artist using the same blueprint over and over to big up their one MVP player and as soon as the magic £50M number is reached. Boom Sold. Should we fall for it again ?
Or rather use Lyon as a defacto smoke screen like Wenger used to with Pat Rice "making calls" and then actually secretly bid for more subtle targets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom