• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 943,201
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
No what I like about this lad, he looks like he's got character, & personality on a football pitch. He looks like he knows he's good, & won't sh!t himself or go into a shell like a lot of our midfield do at places like Anfield or The Etihad. We desperately need that.

Ceballos also has that about him too, I wonder how they'd do playing together.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Agreed, although still not sure why our best player is being forced to play out wide and away from his best position to accommodate Laca?!

You would have thought by now there has been enough evidence to suggest that this isn't the case at all. If this was true then we would have seen Auba up top the times Laca wasn't available and didn't even make the squad. We just got Nketiah to lead the line instead and Auba still stuck wide. Arteta for whatever reasons thinks Auba is better playing from the wing.

Goonger

Ceballos also has that about him too, I wonder how they'd do playing together.

He certainly did well with his cameo last night. Partey looks like he didnt mind as well when he played at Anfield. Imagine having a full midfield who aren't scared to get on the ball, who have pace, skill & athleticism to beat the press & not just pass it back or lump it into channels. :drool:

Burt Gold

What is it about Aouar that makes him so effective?

I've seen him breifly in the CL and just looking at his stats the numbers don't suggest he is overly creative. I know he wins lots of fouls. I just don't see that he is on his way to be a world class player based on his stats. 3 goals and 4 assists in ligue 1 isn't impressive. It concerns me that he isn't producing in that league.

Am I missing something? Everyone seems to love him.

If he came in what effect do we think he'd have on the team in the first season?

D

Dial Square 1886

You would have thought by now there has been enough evidence to suggest that this isn't the case at all. If this was true then we would have seen Auba up top the times Laca wasn't available and didn't even make the squad. We just got Nketiah to lead the line instead and Auba still stuck wide. Arteta for whatever reasons thinks Auba is better playing from the wing.

So you think Auba is more effective stuck out wide than as a central striker?

D

Dial Square 1886

That's not what I said. Arteta seems to think that way. I was just saying Auba isn't playing out wide to accomodate anyone.

I personally would like to see at least some games Auba central.

I wasn't saying you did.

Just interested what you thought.

I would also like to see him down the middle some more, especially with some more creative players around him.

D

Dial Square 1886

He got the golden boot from that position, so yeah.

That is one argument, although same Prem goals as the previous season, when used down the middle for the most part and a better mins per goal and points per game in 18/19 as well.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
He got the golden boot from that position, so yeah.

He scored more than 30 league goals in the league in the BL before that on Germany.

Again, just because he does score goals as LW does not mean he isn't better as CF.

Arteta clearly thinks there isn't any player that isn't good enough for that LW spot though.
He never played Saka as a LW.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
He scored more than 30 league goals in the league in the BL before that on Germany.

Again, just because he does score goals as LW does not mean he isn't better as CF.

Arteta clearly thinks there isn't any player that isn't good enough for that LW spot though.
He never played Saka as a LW.

Bundesliga defenses aren't as good as in the PL and he started out as a LW in his first year at Dortmund.
He was moved as a center forward after Lewa left for Bayern, but that's his natural position.

In England he wouldn't be as effective in that position because he doesn't take advantage of his speed if defenses play deep and CBs come in to hacksaw him every other minute.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Bundesliga defenses aren't as good as in the PL and he started out as a LW in his first year at Dortmund.
He was moved as a center forward after Lewa left for Bayern, but that's his natural position.

In England he wouldn't be as effective in that position because he doesn't take advantage of his speed if defenses play deep and CBs come in to hacksaw him every other minute.

Fair enough, agree to disagree

benjamin86

Established Member
What is it about Aouar that makes him so effective?

I've seen him breifly in the CL and just looking at his stats the numbers don't suggest he is overly creative. I know he wins lots of fouls. I just don't see that he is on his way to be a world class player based on his stats. 3 goals and 4 assists in ligue 1 isn't impressive. It concerns me that he isn't producing in that league.

Am I missing something? Everyone seems to love him.

If he came in what effect do we think he'd have on the team in the first season?
I think this video has some of the best analysis of how he could improve us.

It reminds me a bit of when Cazorla played deep for us, he was always able to receive the ball deep and beat the press to start the attack. I think Ceballos is the only central player we have that can sometimes do that which is why we improved against Liverpool when he came on.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Lyon awaiting Arsenal offer

shred.gif

Kysus

Physicially dominating beast?
No. Not the hero AM wants but the hero Arsenal needs.

At the start of the window a player of that calibre was thought to be out of our reach, by the forum and by myself as well.
With the most pressing need being a creative midfielder who drops between the lines to linkup play being able to holdup and progress the ball with dribbling, we thought Buendia would be the best we can hope for.

I'm fairly certain we will get Aouar now, Arteta will make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom