• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Houssem Aouar

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,500
  • Views 943,086
Status
Not open for further replies.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We've missed the boat on this. I'm sure Arteta has some overrated, Spanish, technical midget lined up to come in and follow his non negotiables.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀

So it was easy us to throw £50m on the table for Partey in cash but it was too difficult to do the same for Aouar? Dont understand it at all.

I'd say it was more that Aouar had cold feet about a move here. We were trying to convince him. He pulled out and we went Partey as a second option.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I think the huge agent fees his brother demanded muddied the waters a bit.

How much was he looking? A 5m handshake? We paid Kia plenty for Willian and those other bums.

I dunno I just think Aouar thought, if I'm going to leave and commit the next 3-4 years of my career somewhere I want it to be a team closer to titles and CL.

If you were Aouar looking into Arsenal at the end of last season would you bet on a top 4 finish? No.

Would you think il win a league here in the 3-4 years I'm there? No.

Will there be other options better in 12 months. Less time on contract too? Probably.

Reactions: A_G

Legend14

Established Member
So it was easy us to throw £50m on the table for Partey in cash but it was too difficult to do the same for Aouar? Dont understand it at all.

I'd say it was more that Aouar had cold feet about a move here. We were trying to convince him. He pulled out and we went Partey as a second option.
Aouar turned down a huge salary increase because he had cold feet? Doubtful. Signing price was too high for Arsenal along with the agent bonus.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Aouar turned down a huge salary increase because he had cold feet? Doubtful. Signing price was too high for Arsenal along with the agent bonus.

No he turned down moving to Arsenal and a pay day in favour of waiting a year moving to a better club and getting the same if not better pay day.

Are you telling me Arsenal didnt know their demands 3-4 weeks before the last day of the window? Pull the other one. Aouar weighed up his option finally told Arsenal no late on as he was waiting to see what other options would appear. Nothing better than Arsenal appeared and he said il sit my ground.

Hence why we went for Partey. That seems a lot more logical than us able to pay 50m plus agent fees and signing fees to Partey but we were unable to do the same for Aouar.

Legend14

Established Member
No he turned down moving to Arsenal and a pay day in favour of waiting a year moving to a better club and getting the same if not better pay day.

Are you telling me Arsenal didnt know their demands 3-4 weeks before the last day of the window? Pull the other one. Aouar weighed up his option finally told Arsenal no late on as he was waiting to see what other options would appear. Nothing better than Arsenal appeared and he said il sit my ground.

Hence why we went for Partey. That seems a lot more logical than us able to pay 50m plus agent fees and signing fees to Partey but we were unable to do the same for Aouar.
Not what was reported. Players don’t usually refuse large raises. They don’t know what the next year will hold. You could get injured, have a poor season, etc.

Lets see how that all pans out in Jan. His value is dropping I believe. Others are looking more appealing as well.

Keep in mind Partey is significantly better all around player than Aouar. Partey is a sure thing. Which is why we bought him and paid 45m. Arsenal didn’t think Aouar was worth close to that which is why they would not increase their bid. No one else bid for him as well.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Not what was reported. Players don’t usually refuse large raises. They don’t know what the next year will hold. You could get injured, have a poor season, etc.

Lets see how that all pans out in Jan. His value is dropping I believe. Others are looking more appealing as well.

Keep in mind Partey is significantly better all around player than Aouar. Partey is a sure thing. Which is why we bought him and paid 45m. Arsenal didn’t think Aouar was worth close to that which is why they would not increase their bid. No one else bid for him as well.

A confident player who backs himself doesnt move to a mid table club just for money.

He already has a contract at Lyon, is probably already a millionaire and has faith in his ability to play at a significantly higher level.

Therefore it's not much of a gamble turning down 120k or so a week, to sit tight on your 50k a week and in a years time maybe be playing for a CL club earning 150k. That's all only a possibility but he knows he will have better options than Arsenal the longer he waits. And more profitable ones as long as he stays on par with his performance levels.

senna

A confident player who backs himself doesnt move to a mid table club just for money.

He already has a contract at Lyon, is probably already a millionaire and has faith in his ability to play at a significantly higher level.

Therefore it's not much of a gamble turning down 120k or so a week, to sit tight on your 50k a week and in a years time maybe be playing for a CL club earning 150k. That's all only a possibility but he knows he will have better options than Arsenal the longer he waits. And more profitable ones as long as he stays on par with his performance levels.

I think the banter era has made our fans forgot how much of a pull Arsenal actually have. The media have also like to jump in and bash us down but lets be honest there's only about 6 or 7 clubs in world football who have more pull than us and this is us at our lowest. Imagine if/when that turns.

We took Partey a world class player from Atletico, we took Saliba ahead of Sp**s, Auba chose to stay as does Saka rather than run down their contracts. Gabriel unconfirmed rumours chose us ahead of Man Utd and Napoli. There's also a reason the deadwood like Özil, Mustafi etc want to stay here & run down their wages - its just not cos of the high wages, Özil's PR machine wont be as effective to sell to sponsors when he leaves Arsenal and suddenly millions unfollow.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I think the banter era has made our fans forgot how much of a pull Arsenal actually have. The media have also like to jump in and bash us down but lets be honest there's only about 6 or 7 clubs in world football who have more pull than us and this is us at our lowest. Imagine if/when that turns.

We took Partey a world class player from Atletico, we took Saliba ahead of Sp**s, Auba chose to stay as does Saka rather than run down their contracts. Gabriel unconfirmed rumours chose us ahead of Man Utd and Napoli. There's also a reason the deadwood like Özil, Mustafi etc want to stay here & run down their wages - its just not cos of the high wages, Özil's PR machine wont be as effective to sell to sponsors when he leaves Arsenal and suddenly millions unfollow.

True, but AC and Liverpool are two huge clubs who struggled to attract t top players because their first team wasn't doing much. Both teams have more history than us. We still have a pull factor, but it is weakening every time Arteta wakes up as our manager.

carlito'sway

Established Member

Aouar is not moving this January. Juninho already said all the OL top players will stay, only a couple of rarely used subs, Jean Lucas and al, will go on loan.
I will be shocked if he comes to AFC in the Summer as well. He will look to join a CL club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom