<

Houssem Aouar

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by American_Gooner, Aug 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AbouCuéllar

AbouCuéllar Well-Known Member

Is everyone just ignoring that City are in for him and will certainly beat us to his signature? Too bad, for that rumoured price tag he's much, much better business than Thomas in an area of even bigger need.

I think what people are missing in this is that Aouar is like the perfect 8 for Guardiola. He'll more take Gündogan's minutes than Foden or Bernardo's. Definitely can see City signing him.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  2. Dial Square 1886

Dial Square 1886 Well-Known Member

We never get that for our players though.

3. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

Guendouzi + cash? Would they say no?

MiiTek likes this.
  4. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

I think this will be our marquee summer signing. Cash plus Guendouzi.

5. Dutch D

Dutch D Well-Known Member

Absolute dream signing. Could live with a cheaper option than Partey if necessary.

Should be possible to get enough funds together for Gabriel+Partey and Aouar though. Lacazette + Torreira + Guendouzi should get us quite far + deadwood should get us all the way. Otherwise, sell Xhaka as he's redundant afterwards.

6. benjamin86

benjamin86 Well-Known Member

I think you maintain an interest in Aouar as a long shot just incase City decide against it but you pursue other options.

7. asukru

asukru Well-Known Member

This guy is amazing and he will show it again tonight and then we WILL sign him! He is my dream signing at this time!

Gooner416 likes this.
  8. Dial Square 1886

Dial Square 1886 Well-Known Member

This is going to be a classic A-M thread me thinks!!

Building up of expectations based on basically nothing and then the standard responses when he signs elsewhere.

Would of course be a wonderful addition, but I do not see it happening unfortunately.

9. Idiotologue

Idiotologue Well-Known Member

Won a penalty for Lyon against Juve just then. Building his stock.

10. benjamin86

benjamin86 Well-Known Member

Gonna be fun when we pursue him for weeks and weeks and Buendia goes elsewhere for 20m.

11. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

Think this summer is all about the sales. I’d only sell AMN if we sign someone highly rated to replace. Otherwise he’s a good utility player to have around.

The rest can go.

sdotzdot likes this.
  12. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

I'm just going by curent rumours tbf as I'd also like to keep AMN.

13. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member

I would rather play Saka as a left 8 than buy Aouar. We also have ESR.

14. HairSprayGooners

I guess you dont want us getting top 4 then?

15. The_Playmaker

I think the priority should be the right 8. To mr that's the key. Can we buy someone who can unlock Pepe. I think Aoaur is a good player, but he is always on the left hand side. Like Ceballos he is just so much more comfortable there. We need an attacking midfielder who is very comfortable in the right half space while also being right footed.

Divided_Pie likes this.
  16. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

I admire your faith in the youth, but we need to challenge for top 4 next season. A player of Aouar's calibre would go a long way in helping us achieve that.

I have no doubt Saka and ESR will still get plenty of minutes in cup games.

17. HairSprayGooners

Aouar is right footed and would be the third CM creating. Doesnt matter which side he is.

18. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

The Lidl Fekir. Do not want!

19. The_Playmaker

Ofcourse it does. He evidently prefers playing on the left. Saka is much more comfortable on the left than the right. People take things like this for granted. Pepe is left footed but prefers the right.

Aoaur is always in the left half space of a 3 and always on the left in a double pivot. We need someone for the right.

Trilly likes this.
  20. The_Playmaker

There is no way Aouar comes to England and bosses the premier league in his first season. It will be adaptation.

Impact and Sebastes like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.