• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

How about this..........

siddharth

Talking abt strikers,yes v rrly do need a quality striker upfront with henry,especially in CL. The names u hv suggested such as viduka, smith,eto'o,reyes,kluivert,kezman are quality players n wud b gr8 signings.

Btw what do u think of James Beattie?
I think he's sheer quality,clinical finisher, good in air n more importantly w/o problems like temperament n attitude unlike other players.He wud b gr8 upfront with henry n probably won't cost us more than 7m.
He's not gonna b at southhampton 4 long,is he :?:
What do u think?

cheers :)
Arsenalforever

Anders Limpar

As much as he got quality within the box in the EPL he lacks the same outside the box wich is why he's not selected more often in the english national side. He's quite simply not good enough to be part of an Arsenal side that tries to become one of the top four teams in Europe...

...sorry Beattie

:|

Andrew

I think he's a good player. And he's more that just a clinical striker, actually a very complete striker. Almost topping the scoring charts at a team like Southampton is a great acheivement. But he's indespensible to Southampton so there's no way they will sell for anything we can offer.

Andrew

Anders Limpar said:
As much as he got quality within the box in the EPL he lacks the same outside the box wich is why he's not selected more often in the english national side. He's quite simply not good enough to be part of an Arsenal side that tries to become one of the top four teams in Europe...

...sorry Beattie

:|

He actually scores a lot of goals outside of the box so I don't know what you mean here. And even if he didn't score outside the box, look at Van Nistelrooy... He didn't score outside of the box at all last year yet look how well he has done.

Anders Limpar

He actually scores a lot of goals outside of the box so I don't know what you mean here. And even if he didn't score outside the box, look at Van Nistelrooy... He didn't score outside of the box at all last year yet look how well he has done.

I can't really criticise his ability to score goals, can I? But what I mean is that he's not a good enough over-all footballer to play for Arsenal or the english national team. And if you don't agree with me you could always call Sven-Göran Ericsson and ask why he doesn't play him...

invisibleman18

Established Member
all this about not scoring outside the box. answer this: how many goals has van nistlerooy scored from outside the 6 yard box besides penalties. very little yet he has scored a f*** load of goals. Beattie can score from outside the box, he is a great goal scorer and to be amongst guys like shearer, henry and van nistlerooy in goals scored and being at a team like southampton with very few quality players doing much for him around him is a good achievement. i wold love beattie to be here but theres no chance they will let him go. if they would, we wouldn't have the funds to beat other clubs like chelsea to him.

Alexone234

I like Beatie, but I would be worried that he would get lost in our intricate build up. As much as I think Wiltord wasn't worth his £13mil, he knows how to get involved in our link up play, and he is often a provider of the provider, if you know what I mean.

Anders Limpar

How about reading what it says instead of coming up with mind ghosts of your own? Yes, he's some goal scorer...

....but not a good enough footballer! There is a difference if you know anything about the sport we're discussing...

:roll: I wonder why he plays for Southampton :roll:

Andrew

Anders Limpar said:
How about reading what it says instead of coming up with mind ghosts of your own? Yes, he's some goal scorer...

....but not a good enough footballer! There is a difference if you know anything about the sport we're discussing...

:roll: I wonder why he plays for Southampton :roll:

He scores quite a few goals for a bad footballer then. :wink:

But I understand your concerns. Beattie has never impressed for the national team, so while things seem all rosy at Southampton, whether he could fit in a new set-up is another story.

wellman69

siddharth said:
Talking abt strikers,yes v rrly do need a quality striker upfront with henry,especially in CL. The names u hv suggested such as viduka, smith,eto'o,reyes,kluivert,kezman are quality players n wud b gr8 signings.

Btw what do u think of James Beattie?
I think he's sheer quality,clinical finisher, good in air n more importantly w/o problems like temperament n attitude unlike other players.He wud b gr8 upfront with henry n probably won't cost us more than 7m.
He's not gonna b at southhampton 4 long,is he :?:
What do u think?

cheers :)
Arsenalforever

the way you are spelling words and typing out things us really pissing me off!

Double_H

Established Member
if it was for me i would go with Van Der Vaart ..but he playes in the left side and thats where Henry do his best ...so Maybe Etoo is the best i dunno

i dont Like JB and he wont fit arsenal

JGooner

he wouldn't be worth the expense. leaving aside his talent, he doesn't come across as a high-achiever. he seems the kind of guy who is happy scoring 25 goals a season for a middling prem side and getting the occasional cap. not exactly roy keane in the hunger stakes.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom