• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

I know this is pessemistic but...

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

A combined Chelsea, Arsenal and Man United XI if all players were fully fit.

Leno
AWB Rudiger Maguire Tierney
Kante Pogba
Pepe Fernandez Aubamayang
Lacazette

That's five arsenal players; I think Torreria would get into United's midfield as would Xhaka over Mctominey and Matic.

We have a very capable squad but the manager needs to find the right system to get a string of runs going.
Lacazette doesn’t even start for us regularly ffs.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
We say this every year and every year it gets worse :lol:

True lol, but some are more key than others.. Summer 15/16 decided if we were going to be in the title race or top 4 race for the next few years, this summer will decide if we’ll be in the top 4 race or not even that.

Corbulo

We are entering a state of grief and acceptance. We're already half way to matching Liverpool's three decades without a title. We always talk about rebuilding, and it never actually happens because we leave no base to build on. Why would Aubameyang want to extend his contract after seeing the manner in which Ramsey's was handled.

The club culture has also changed. Fans are talking way too much about the potential monetary return on investment, which could also be a thing that has been made more visible by the degree of financial competition in the league but it still rubs me the wrong way. Arrange with a firm in the same industry to use their facilities in case of damage, and other corporate bullshit.

Arsenal is just a multinational consumer goods corporation. Next time you get angry remember that we're just an asset for a wealthy American to level loans and debt against for his American sport franchises. We have completely forgotten how to appreciate class and how to value loyalty. We are a hollow club. We'll likely soon face a managerial crisis—a couple more losses and Arteta's so far underwhelming tenure will be under threat.

There are no sporting arguments being made anymore. The community-driven experience that tries to engage people and entertain is a thing of the past. This is also how the sense of pride disappears among our players: Leno was left on his own yesterday as he was carried off in a rage.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

True lol, but some are more key than others.. Summer 15/16 decided if we were going to be in the title race or top 4 race for the next few years, this summer will decide if we’ll be in the top 4 race or not even that.
One summer doesn’t decide things for a season is what I’ve realised. I think the previous 3 years decide it. This season was decided by 16/17, 17/18 & 18/19. Next season it’s 17/18, 18/19 and this season..All 3 of which have been terrible .. until we have 3 consecutive very good transfer windows we aren’t going anywhere. The problem is the board think buying 1 expensive player per window is going to solve our problems. By window summer 3 we always have some sort of contractual issues as well

Camus

Trusted ⭐
We're now firmly a side that's chasing top 6, hoping for a fluky season to get top 4.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
A combined Chelsea, Arsenal and Man United XI if all players were fully fit.

Leno
Kante Pogba
Lacazette

That's five arsenal players; I think Torreria would get into United's midfield as would Xhaka over Mctominey and Matic.

We have a very capable squad but the manager needs to find the right system to get a string of runs going.

I stopped reading at Lacazette

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Leno
Kante Pogba
Lacazette
How is Lacazette starting at striker? Pepe is talented but has shown almost nothing compared to what Chelsea's wingers have :D

Our midfield can't create, our defenders can't defend, and at max we have attackers who can attack

I also don't see what Tierney has done for us (Not potentially will do) that should allow him to start in this hypothetical team either.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Also... I don't know the stats but this has to be the worst points total we've had in ... 30 yrs?

1975-1976 we had 36 points after 42 games. We ended 17th that season. Bryan Kidd topscorer with 11 goals.

1978-79 we had 48 points after 42 games. We ended 7th. Frank Stapleton topscorer with 29 goals. Of course we won the FA Cup that year.

1994-95 we had 51 points after 42 games. We ended 12th. Ian Wright topscorer with 30 goals. Runners-up in the Cupwinner's Cup.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I wonder how people would have reacted if I told them 5 years ago that LFC would have double our points and more after 30 games

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
We are so **** it's embarrassing beyond words.

Get all of them out. Raul, Edu, and the Liverpool Street Banker can **** off.

We need to start rioting outside the stadium when things are back to normal. Scare that moustached **** into packing it up and selling.

We are without a hope until we get different owners.

GoonerJay24

How is Lacazette starting at striker? Pepe is talented but has shown almost nothing compared to what Chelsea's wingers have :D

Our midfield can't create, our defenders can't defend, and at max we have attackers who can attack

I also don't see what Tierney has done for us (Not potentially will do) that should allow him to start in this hypothetical team either.

At his best Lacazette has shown more than strikers at rival teams

Chelsea's wingers like Hudson Odoi and Pulisic are talented but still integrating into first team football. I'd definitely take Pepe over Willian and Pedro who seems past it. It is ultimately just my opinion but feel many players would get into the other side's.​

Shaw is unreliable and average at best whilst Alonso is susceptible to lapses in defence; Tierney is way more complete and probably Kolasinac too. It is ultimately just my opinion but feel many players would get into the other side's.

I bet you weren't saying this team is incapable of performing the basic attacking and defending principles before lockdown; we had two bad games but many players are injured and Arteta is still learning as a manager.

We just have to get behind the team and realise this is an exceptional season where most top sides are performing to their highest standards. If we were 15 points behind I'd be more angry but the nature of this season's different.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
At his best Lacazette has shown more than strikers at rival teams

Chelsea's wingers like Hudson Odoi and Pulisic are talented but still integrating into first team football. I'd definitely take Pepe over Willian and Pedro who seems past it. It is ultimately just my opinion but feel many players would get into the other side's.​

Shaw is unreliable and average at best whilst Alonso is susceptible to lapses in defence; Tierney is way more complete and probably Kolasinac too. It is ultimately just my opinion but feel many players would get into the other side's.

I bet you weren't saying this team is incapable of performing the basic attacking and defending principles before lockdown; we had two bad games but many players are injured and Arteta is still learning as a manager.

We just have to get behind the team and realise this is an exceptional season where most top sides are performing to their highest standards. If we were 15 points behind I'd be more angry but the nature of this season's different.
Lacazette is a huge part of the problem. Dreadful first touch and takes a year to get a shot off. He's pathetic.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
At his best, Mustafi scored in a derby and kept a cleansheet and kept a cleansheet in a commanding performance.

I don't think "at his best" is an argument

Top Bottom