• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

ICC: Arsenal v Chelsea | August 1, 2018 20:05 BST | Premier Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Arsenal-vs-Chelsea.jpg

Arsenal Squad
Petr Cech, Bernd Leno, Emiliano Martinez, Hector Bellerin, Sead Kolasinac, Calum Chambers, Rob Holding, Shkodran Mustafi, Sokratis Papastathopoulos, Konstantinos Mavropanos, Jordi Osei-Tutu, Mohamed Elneny, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Matteo Guendouzi, Reiss Nelson, Emile Smith Rowe, Joe Willock, Aaron Ramsey, Henrikh Mkhitaryan, Mesut Özil, Alex Iwobi, Eddie Nketiah, Lucas Perez, Alexandre Lacazette, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Chelsea Squad
Marcin Bulka, Jared Thompson, Bradley Collins, David Luiz, Marcos Alonso, Emerson, Davide Zappacosta, Ola Aina, Michael Hector, Tomas Kalas, Fikayo Tomori, Jorginho, Cesc Fabregas, Danny Drinkwater, Tiemoue Bakayoko, Ross Barkley, Ethan Ampadu, Mario Pasalic, Kasey Palmer, Alvaro Morata, Tammy Abraham, Pedro, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Lucas Piazon, Charly Musonda

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
So Lucas xhaka Monreal Lich won't take part? Damn. Hopefully they all start against Lazio then

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
So Lucas xhaka Monreal Lich won't take part? Damn. Hopefully they all start against Lazio then

I could see a training ground game taking place next week against a fellow premier league London club with the idea being the fringe players and those returning late from the world cup get a run out.

Ideally the lineup against Lazio really ought to be what we'll be seeing the following week against city.

Any others on here going to this? Very excited not to have to fly and to be able to drive to an Arsenal game.
Hopefully get a good match. Looking forward to see how Emery sets up the team.
Hope the pressing continues. I noticed against PSG that the players were pressing in twos and threes. Too often last year it was one and was too easy to play around.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Callum Hudson-Odoi is a player to watch. As big a talent as Sancho, magnificent young player. On an individual level, I hope he gets the minutes he deserves at Chelsea.

Other than that, I hope our youngsters impress against Chelsea. It's a good test for them to see how they might fare in a PL game against a PL outfit (albeit not completely first team). I'm looking particularly to Reiss Nelson, who hasn't played yet with the kind of confidence displayed by his aforementioned counterpart. He has an opportunity to really burrow a hole into this team and get consistent minutes on either wing. We need more 1v1s and more goalscoring situations from him.

Guendouzi and Smith-Rowe will also be interesting to see, as well as if Nketiah gets any proper minutes.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Big test for Guendouzi. I think Unai might consider playing him against city depending on how well he does tomorrow and the fitness of Torreira/Xhaka.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Callum Hudson-Odoi is a player to watch. As big a talent as Sancho, magnificent young player. On an individual level, I hope he gets the minutes he deserves at Chelsea.

Other than that, I hope our youngsters impress against Chelsea. It's a good test for them to see how they might fare in a PL game against a PL outfit (albeit not completely first team). I'm looking particularly to Reiss Nelson, who hasn't played yet with the kind of confidence displayed by his aforementioned counterpart. He has an opportunity to really burrow a hole into this team and get consistent minutes on either wing. We need more 1v1s and more goalscoring situations from him.

Guendouzi and Smith-Rowe will also be interesting to see, as well as if Nketiah gets any proper minutes.

I'm really hoping this season is a coming of age for Nelson. He has the potential to succeed at Arsenal but to do that he has to get the games. Nketiah I'm not concerned about, he is such a natural scorer that his goals will ensure he succeeds, whereas Nelson could miss out if he doesn't get the chance.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I too think this will be a match for younger players and the ones fighting for a first 11, while players like Auba, Micki and co., take small or no part in it, unlike Lazio game where I would expect strong team. just a thought.

but then again, Unai gives me an inpression like he wants to play as many games as possible , even in trainings, to get to know the team and players as much as possible, and for players to get to know the system as good as they can. since we have such a schedule at the beginning of the season, maybe he wants us to fire on all cylinders and have everyone play those friendlies.
then, after 5,6 league games he could rotate more and work on refreshing his players. fact we didn't get hurt a lot by WC (when it comes to having best players in early) bonds well with that. new era, tough schedule at the start, pressure on us; but then again; good preseason with best players around (unlike city and co)... so yeah, now I’m going with us not really resting anyone in the next two games :)

on a personal level, Nelson will be on the top of my watchlist for this one.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Must win :)

Looking forward to Douzy and ESR giving Fabregas a runaround.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Any others on here going to this? Very excited not to have to fly and to be able to drive to an Arsenal game.
Hopefully get a good match. Looking forward to see how Emery sets up the team.
Hope the pressing continues. I noticed against PSG that the players were pressing in twos and threes. Too often last year it was one and was too easy to play around.

I'm on the mainland unfortunately, safe trip though!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Does anyone use Premier Player? I was thinking about joining and this game is on tonight. Any other suggestions for watching this game are very welcome :)

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Gutted that I'm working. This is the first time I can recall Arsenal playing in Ireland and even then it is by accident. Original game was meant to be in Sweden but got moved because Chelsea have the Charity shield to contest.

Not expecting much from us other than another 90 minutes of practice and again hopefully no injuries.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I wonder how strong the team will be tonight with one eye probably on playing the team planned for city against Lazio at the weekend.

Maybe a situation where the likes of Özil, auba, Ramsey etc come on for the last 30 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom