• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

If you could have one past player?

If you could have one past player who would it be?

• Total voters

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Sanchez or Fabregas. Probably Fabregas due to his age.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Eboue, just to keep morale up. Nowt to do with his footballing ability.

Out of the original list provided Adams probably brings the most improvement to our current crop of ragtag misfits.

Henry is the god of gods obviously.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Based on our current need, I think it should be Viera, easily

GDeep™

League is very weak
Based on our current need, I think it should be Viera, easily
If we’re going by current needs, we’ll have to pick the guy regarded as the best leader in Arsenal history, Adams.

On top of that, one of the best defenders ever.

Current team has no leaders or good defenders, that’s a recipe for poor team no matter what you have in midfield or attack.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

If we’re going by current needs, we’ll have to pick the guy regarded as the best leader in Arsenal history, Adams.

On top of that, one of the best defenders ever.

Current team has no leaders or good defenders, that’s a recipe for poor team no matter what you have in midfield or attack.
You could argue that our defense is better than our midfield, albeit slightly. So it's a no brainer that a Viera would be more valuable to us than Adams. If you bring in a prime Adams he still won't be able to prevent our midfield from being overrun.

Maybe I'm being biased because I never got to watch Adams play.

It's not like Viera isn't a leader too

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
You could argue that our defense is better than our midfield, albeit slightly. So it's a no brainer that a Viera would be more valuable to us than Adams. If you bring in a prime Adams he still won't be able to prevent our midfield from being overrun.

Our midfield, or its lack of defensive stability and athletism, is by far the biggest problem we have and makes our defenders look 1-2 levels worse as they actually are.

Weird that some people dont see this as I thought that was the one thing AM can agree on.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Different type of leader, heard Vieira say he never use to speak in the dressing room. More a lead by example type.

Adams was the more traditional vocal type. The old guys rave about his leadership, Wright, Merson, Seaman etc.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Looking ahead, I just can’t see a successful Arsenal team if we don’t have a strong defence.

Rumour is we will sign Mari, having paid a “substantial” loan fee. Linked with Kurzawa because there are doubts over Tierney - which is what I suspected.

All rubbish defenders we have. Saliba is the only one where you have hope that he’ll develop into something good.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Our midfield, or its lack of defensive stability and athletism, is by far the biggest problem we have and makes our defenders look 1-2 levels worse as they actually are.

Weird that some people dont see this as I thought that was the one thing AM can agree on.

Yeah. The reason our defense is sh!t is because our midfield offers no protection to our defense and gets overrun/bypassed easily.

Bringing in Adams would improve us, but only slightly. It's not going to address the fundamentals issue which is the fact that our midfield lacks athletism and physicality.

It's not like I would say no to an Adams. Despite the fact that I never got watch him play.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Different type of leader, heard Vieira say he never use to speak in the dressing room. More a lead by example type.

Adams was the more traditional vocal type. The old guys rave about his leadership, Wright, Merson, Seaman etc.

I feel the time where you had a captain screaming his lungs out at his teammates has passed.

It's not really on field leadership we lack. I feel we need the right personnel. You don't have Company or Silva screamingat his city teammates.

Adams would improve us for sure but Viera would elevate us to top 4 at least

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Looking ahead, I just can’t see a successful Arsenal team if we don’t have a strong defence.

Rumour is we will sign Mari, having paid a “substantial” loan fee. Linked with Kurzawa because there are doubts over Tierney - which is what I suspected.

All rubbish defenders we have. Saliba is the only one where you have hope that he’ll develop into something good.
Even if you have a Backenbauer and Baresi partnering in defense, you still will get overrun with sh!t midfield

GDeep™

League is very weak
Even if you have a Backenbauer and Baresi partnering in defense, you still will get overrun with sh!t midfield
Yeah but we might sign a midfielder this summer? We’re linked with Partey. Arteta got an improvement out of Xhaka too.

Don’t see any hope for the defence. In football poor defenders will always cost you.

Top Bottom