• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Its time for the great man to come back home...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I don’t want him back, no upside for him at Arsenal anymore. He’s better than most of the names we’re linked with though, so it’s a weird situation for me.
The biggest reason for me not to want him back, even until the end of the season, is the thought of it ending badly again. For all he's done for the club, how **** would that be? Like having your childhood pissed on and told it was all a lie.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The biggest reason for me not to want him back, even until the end of the season, is the thought of it ending badly again. For all he's done for the club, how **** would that be? Like having your childhood pissed on and told it was all a lie.
Agree. I actually don’t think he’ll be interested in coming back either. I’m sure he has deep interesting thoughts on leaving and going back somewhere etc, never works out.

blaze_of_glory

No, it would be kind of ridiculous for him to come back. Especially this quickly, like neither him nor the club can get by without each other. Would be wrong, everyone needs to move forward now. Arsenal and Arsène both need to find that path for themselves (neither involves Unai).

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
No, it would be kind of ridiculous for him to come back. Especially this quickly, like neither him nor the club can get by without each other. Would be wrong, everyone needs to move forward now. Arsenal and Arsène both need to find that path for themselves (neither involves Unai).
:( I'm sure Wenger wanted to find Emery on his path.

Fallout

i was wenger out but i'd easily swap emery for him. especially under the current structure where we have a back office team handling transfers -- they seem to be a little more risk tolerant and aggressive in the market than wenger ever was.

that being said, wenger probably isn't the ideal solution. but i would definitely bin emery for him if i were offered.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I want him to go to Bayern Munich and win the CL. That's all anyone who loves him can wish for now. And then retire immediately with his health intact and everything achieved. There wouldn't be a dry eye in the house.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
13f55174b224ac642d4f957f4c530dc4.jpg

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
It wasnt just transfers that messed us up with Wenger

Many of the same issues as Emery

Mistakes galore

No accountability for players

Not enough grit

blaze_of_glory

At least Wenger even in his last days could still make you dream a bit. Still had that sense we were on the edge of something a lot better. There was aspiration to more that you could see when we played.

With Unai, this is it. You can tell this is literally how he wants us to play, except just we somehow win..?

Kav

Established Member
Wenger deserves better than the fan base we have. Also the executive treated him like crap.

He should not return. That chapter is over. I wish him nothing but the best elsewhere. Coming back here won't work with the moaning fan base that we have ( AFTV)

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
At least Wenger even in his last days could still make you dream a bit. Still had that sense we were on the edge of something a lot better. There was aspiration to more that you could see when we played.

With Unai, this is it. You can tell this is literally how he wants us to play, except just we somehow win..?
Yes, you still had a bit of hope somehow, but how much of it was because we'd tasted it before with Wenger? The odd 3/4-0 thrashing helped. With Emery, I'm not sure if we're executing his plan perfectly, but whatever the plan is, it's ****ing **** and it's lowered our bar. The players can't be liking it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom