• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
If think he's listening to advice if he ends up at a great club like Fenerbahce. He'll tear it up over there and become a prime target again. He'll get a nice tan as well. Still think it was a huge error not taking a player who was going to be as motivated as Jack would have been, to Russia. A grave error.
This is where I stand. It is possible he's low in confidence and those closest to him want to fast track him back to feeling good about himself by joining a league which will give him freedom to express himself and be the star.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We haven’t really done ‘well’ though. We were never that convincing in qualifying, our friendly performances were again unconvincing in the lead up, and all we’ve done in Russia is scrape past Tunisia, thrash Panama and look a whole level below Belgium. The question the FA would have to ask themselves is: Does Southgate get these players performing above themselves individually and as a team, and the answer to that is a massive NO.
the problem with English managers is that none of them will try anything different.

The FA appointed Capello which was good, but it didn't work out. Eriksson was again just like a ghost.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Wilshere was very promising at 16. I always thought he’d develop into a great player, a technical player that play with their brain, like Fabregas or Xavi.

But after his loan to Bolton, I kind of knew his career was over. He admired the English game a lot, and opt to develop the non-technical way (the gerrard/lampard way).

You could clearly see the change in his style of play before and after the loan. And that had ruined his career.
I always thought this too. I thought Wilshere could be the English Xavi with dictating the game and being a midfield maestro. Unfortunately, seems like he wanted to be like Gerrard rampaging everywhere and he just didn't have the size, robustness and stamina for it.

The British core really failed at the end of the day, probably even worse than the project youth years.

You’re right. He had the talent. The problem is that he prefer to learn from the ****e rather than learning from the best.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
We haven’t really done ‘well’ though. We were never that convincing in qualifying, our friendly performances were again unconvincing in the lead up, and all we’ve done in Russia is scrape past Tunisia, thrash Panama and look a whole level below Belgium. The question the FA would have to ask themselves is: Does Southgate get these players performing above themselves individually and as a team, and the answer to that is a massive NO.
I hear you and to a large part I agree. I actually said playing well as opposed to done well which we haven't yet. There seems to be a system in which some players do better than others and as a unit, this team is relatively easy on the eye given it's a new and young group. What has stood out in this WC is the fitness and work ethic of so many players from every country and I still think Wilshere lacks the physical tools to replicate that. As for Southgate getting more out of the players, that's undecided for me atm as none have looked below par compared to their PL performances.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
England played well, and the squad choice was good.

I don’t think they can compete with the best, but they’ve performed well with what they’ve got.

After all these years, England finally realised they are very bad at football skills and techniques.

So why bothered picking the most technically gifted players in England into the squad? (given that their most “technical” midfielders are not even half as skillful than other countries’ midfielders)

So well done England. They’ve played to their strength. They pick the more physical players who cover a lot of grounds instead of the technical ones.

And because they are less skillful, they don’t even try to get the ball into opponent areas (they don’t have the ability to penetrate the opponent defence with beautiful passes, like Spain; or to beat their defenders with skills, like Brazil).

So what have they done so far? They’ve scored goals in a few ways:

1 Corners (which require physical attributes like height and strength)
2 Penalties
3 Long shot (they can’t find a way to play the ball beautifully into the box)
4 Deflection goal (Luck)

You may think it’s boring but I think the manager have put a lot of thought behind his squad choice and tactics.

I’d love to see England winning the World Cup, as it’d be extremely funny to see a World Cup winner scoring only corners, penalties, long shots and deflection goals.

Relic

So, it's gone from "Wilshere brought a house in turkey and is signing Monday" to "Talks are in an advance stage, but nothings agreed"

Soon it will be, "Wilshere is not signing after having a change of heart, but we didn't make it up....honest"

Peterq

Way too much hopes and cash into Jack. Yes he is Gooner and yes I love a academy player in our starting eleven but what exactly he do? Good game against Barca years ago? For comparison Szczesny also is academy product, proven Gooner, won golden gloves behind really shaky defense, great at Roma loan and is on road to replace goalkeeping legend yet people call him clown. Jack was nowhere near that achievements, fail at Bournemouth. He is good player but not Arsenal level. He could sign contract, fight for first eleven and prove his worth but instead he choose some media-drama and blaming Emery. Best of luck, prove me wrong Jack!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom