• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jakub Kiwior: Going Sour For Him?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yes, there were a fair few occasions where the winger got away and he almost pulled him back, I thought he was on the edge of conceding a few pens. Admittedly, he did have some decent enough moments aswell. It’ll be interesting to see what he’s actually like as a CB, because LB isn’t for him imo, Timber, Zinchenko, Tomiyasu coming back aswell.
I remember that happening maybe twice, so your claim just sounds over the top. And anyone can get skinned against Conceicao.

I have had the opinion from the start that he is Gabriel backup, who is versatile enough to cover also the LB role.

It will save Arsenal a pretty penny if a 20 million pound player can rotate Gabriel and even LB, as Gabriel doesn't even require much rotation being so durable and a CB.

drippin

Basing things on data is good but data does not tell you everything.
He is good at tackles because he is very fast and wins most of the ground tackles, but not the aerial tackles and he is also competing against Wingers not ST. He plays LB hence he would make much much more ground tackles and hence the good rating.
But I already at first said he is not good at aerials yet for his size, so I assumed this physicality conversation is about other physicality in defending.
Also I remember him playing RCB last season aswell. I am basing my opinion on that. Just to give context, I don't rate White as CB aswell. And I think they are both similar players. White being older is more polished.
And for the price Kiwior is a decent/good purchase.
Didn't he surprise everyone at RCB after the rough start? And looking at last season he was even younger and more inexperienced, so it's not the best moment to make conclusions about a young CB like him playing on the wrong side.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Kept getting skinned? Am I blind?

He didn't almost put a foot wrong, and Porto wingers are not bad at all. Especially Conceicao on his side is very tricky.

He gets praise because has been very solid, after most had written him off. After many thought Arsenal is doomed with Timber, Zinchenko and Tomiyasu injuries.

Came to post this compilation, absolutely brilliant.

Where do you see him moving to at the back? Personally I see him as genuine rotation/competition to Gabriel in future, especially if Hato comes.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I remember that happening maybe twice, so your claim just sounds over the top. And anyone can get skinned against Conceicao.

I have had the opinion from the start that he is Gabriel backup, who is versatile enough to cover also the LB role.

It will save Arsenal a pretty penny if a 20 million pound player can rotate Gabriel and even LB, as Gabriel doesn't even require much rotation being so durable and a CB.

The problem is how easily he gets skinned. I’d love it if the transfer worked out and will give him time, but I’m just not convinced. I’m still hoping Timber is the long term solution to that LB role.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
Even if he doesn't end up as a starter, the fact that he's showing he can be a competent LB is a huge plus. Gabriel is amazing and barely injured so he probably ends up playing most games in a season, which is why we need our backup LCB to be competent in another position, so he's not perma benched/unhappy.

drippin

Came to post this compilation, absolutely brilliant.

Where do you see him moving to at the back? Personally I see him as genuine rotation/competition to Gabriel in future, especially if Hato comes.
I answered it on this page just a few posts ago. I have seen him a cheap rotation player for Gabriel (and some LB cover) with big potential.

It's crazy how durable beast Gabriel is, so not many top players want to come to compete, and they would likely be too expensive for it anyway. So it's great to see Kiwior now going up levels, and being happy.

Him being this good at the LB position already, and more inverted RB's being fit like White, Tomiyasu and Timber, is also very nice so you have that more defensive option for the left side when needed.

CannonBals

it's not the best moment to make conclusions about a young CB like him playing on the wrong side.

Fair enough. In any case I am ok with him as backup LCB. And he would anyway get chances at LB as he is better than Zinchenko currently. So we will have a good idea soon enough.
Also market for left footed LCB is not great anyway so they are in demand. Considering that it's unlike we can do much better for a backup.

Henry boi

I don't quite understand what qualities he lacks at LCB compared to Gabriel?

He is as fast, as tall, good passer, good defender etc. He is in the 94th percentile for fullbacks in dribbled past, so similar to Gabriel there also.

He is very like Gabriel to me, just much worse currently in aerials. And maybe a bit in passing, but he is 2 years younger than Gabriel and hasn't been long at the club. He can and will improve those.

To me he fits that LCB role in the future better than inverted LB. I'd want Timber type technical players, who are good at defending, as those, when the funds allow it.

Not as strong as Gabriel and can be brushed aside easily

drippin

Congrats to Kiwior! Zero goals conceded away against Wales (they have a pretty good attack). Nice to see him in the Euros, starting for Poland.

120 minutes played though (after a 90 minute game), luckily there is 4 days to rest. Zinchenko got some match fitness too.. Tomiyasu is getting back to fitness. I would assume Kiwior still starts, and will be subbed out against City.

dino bravo

Congrats to Kiwior! Zero goals conceded away against Wales (they have a pretty good attack). Nice to see him in the Euros, starting for Poland.

120 minutes played though (after a 90 minute game), luckily there is 4 days to rest. Zinchenko got some match fitness too.. Tomiyasu is getting back to fitness. I would assume Kiwior still starts, and will be subbed out against City.

Playing 120mins in Wales must be better than 90mins somewhere thousands of miles away. He will be fine.

Tomb Bombadil

not sure where the negativity towards Kiwi is coming from, he's essentially in his first season for us (didn't play much in 22/23) and IMO has adapted really well. Obviously a level or two below Gabriel/Saliba but pretty decent all things considered.
Gabriel wasn't that good in his first 2 seasons. Many wanted him replaced.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Feel like this guy’s come on in huge leaps and bounds.

Last season there was panic on here when he’d make an appearance but know the lad is levels above Zinchencko.

Barely a foot wrong yesterday.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He did well after playing 120 minutes for Poland. And fair play to Jesus who put in a shift defensively to give him cover.

blaze_of_glory

Feel like this guy’s come on in huge leaps and bounds.

Last season there was panic on here when he’d make an appearance but know the lad is levels above Zinchencko.

Barely a foot wrong yesterday.
Yeah honestly did not expect both Tomi and Kiwior to be ahead of Zinchenko by end of this season but that's where we are. Kiwoir has been great, Tomi as solid as always (when fit), and Zinchenko's defensive liabilities have become more and more exposed as time has gone on.

I also think the addition of Rice and/or Jorginho into the regular midfield has also meant we dont' need Zinchenko to control things as much as we did.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Can't believe a pro player at Arsenal has a body movement of a 70y old cripple. Wtf was that first goal about? Surely a pro player should be able to reach that pass from Gabriel.

The second goal was just pure incompetence and a sign of a player who shouldn't be at this club, but for me, the first goal was just unreal

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Very rough game, no doubt. It doesn't negate what has been very good work from him otherwise for most of the year. Obviously, it's not ideal for him to have to deal with a player like Sane, that's a clear mismatch that was exploited and it cost us. In both instances he made critical errors that led to conceding but I feel we also need to consider the caliber of player he was up against before throwing out all of the prior good work. He won't start the next game as long as Tomi is fit and hopefully he will learn from this and improve, even if it's something as simple as taking the yellow on the 2nd goal instead of doing nothing.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom