• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

January Striker Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam the Duck

truth_hurts said:
Sam the Duck said:
Would Benteke have been worth the 25m which they probably wanted? No? Then the whole discussion is pointless.

Premier League teams only sell at massively overrated prices. Joining a mid table team means the end of the career for many talented players.

And unlike what many here think Premier League experience doesn't mean much. Fellaini and a bunch of others can tell you a story about how different it is to play for mid table team compared to a big team.

Interesting that you have made Fellaini the rule and not the exception as united have Ferdinand, Carrick, Jones, Valencia and Rooney who all came from mid-table premier league sides yet made a noticeable impact for United.

Would Benteke have been worth 25m in January? no I don't feel that he would have been, but nor do I feel that would have been his cost I think 15m plus add ons plus Bendtner for the season might have done it. I'm not saying Benteke is definitely better than Giroud although i do think he is more of a goal scorer.

Very disappointed not to have brought a forward in. Huge pressure on Giroud and Podolski to not only hit form but also to stay fit as Ox and Bendtner/Sanogo doesn't scream out title winning potential.

I doubt that they would let Benteke go for 15m. To give some more examples: Jack Rodwell went for 13m and James Milner for 19m.

Fellaini is not an exception and was never worth more than 15m and moved for 28m. Even Ashley Young went for 16m. Manchester United players are vastly overrated and RvP was carrying them last year. Even then they still required Ferguson to keep the referees in his pocket to produce results.

Demba Ba was widely wanted here because he's an experienced PL goal scorer. He scored 29 PL goals in one and half seasons for Newcastle and in the same time frame 3 goals for Chelsea.

But I understand what you mean and it's very frustrating.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Fair summation Sam, we just need to hope that one of our forwards kicks into a new gear over the coming months.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

Does anybody really think Wenger will sign an upgrade over Giroud? Giroud will be our starting striker next season unfortunitely.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
North5 said:
Does anybody really think Wenger will sign an upgrade over Giroud? Giroud will be our starting striker next season unfortunitely.

I'm interested why you think this.

blaze_of_glory

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenalvision.co.uk/articles/4523-striking-out-thoughts-on-the-window.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenalvision.co.uk/articles ... indow.html</a>

GDeep™

League is very weak
North5 said:

We tried in the summer, nothing was happening in January anyway in terms of an upgrade. What makes you think this?

Not easy to find better player in the current market than Giroud. I don't even think Dzeko or Negredo are better players, or Soldado, Benteke etc.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
The 'Better than Giroud' paragraph is laughable bollocks, as is the whole piece IMO. The guys an apologist. He rates Giroud better than all Chelseas options. Ok mate.

Mourinho is very happy with Eto'o leading his line. He wasn't on the lookout for strikers. Mourinho would rather have all his current options than Giroud.

"Firstly, Higuain’s numbers are almost identical to Giroud’s this season".

Case closed then. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

What is unbelievable is that I am in a position where people reproach me for making a profit. The people who lose money – nobody says a word.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom