• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsl

If he just had scored on that chance in the first half :( Would’ve done wonders for his confidence. Top talent, he needs to believe in himself again!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
If he just had scored on that chance in the first half :( Would’ve done wonders for his confidence. Top talent, he needs to believe in himself again!
Just has to start from the beginning and building up momentum. Pretty hard when the whole team's playing like **** aswell as the lineups being imbalanced, but he'll surely get chances to try with our midfield being the way it is. I would like to see him play a bit deeper, I think he's too far forward most of the time. He should play v Liege next week rather than against West Ham on Monday. Take him out the league for a hot second.

Tsl

Just has to start from the beginning and building up momentum. Pretty hard when the whole team's playing like **** aswell as the lineups being imbalanced, but he'll surely get chances to try with our midfield being the way it is. I would like to see him play a bit deeper, I think he's too far forward most of the time. He should play v Liege next week rather than against West Ham on Monday. Take him out the league for a hot second.
Agree. Did he play that far forward for the U23 under Llungbjerg as well or did he play deeper?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Too much pressure being put on our youngsters again they aren't Chelsea youngsters the Chelsea once has successful loan spell and kept improving we doing things wrongly we giving youngsters who played so little top level football chance to improve themselves in difficult league. Unless they are like Cesc Wilshere Ramsey you don't do that it'll only destroy them

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I expected a bit more fight just like with the other home grown kids. They all seem a bit passive compared to Guendouzi & the Brazilian boy wonder.

You can accept mistakes & a raw game but dont let the chance just pass you by. You never know this six months could have been his best opportunity.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
His confidence is shot, just drop him and ease him back into the picture in a few weeks. Playing him is just doing him bad right now.

We need results now anyway...

protocal354

I hate to say it but I can't see him making it here. Unfortunately he will find it harder to break through once we sign good quality midfielders in the future. But probably will have a good football career. Like AMN.

DasBootist

He has to play in midfield, not ahead of it. He's a box-to-box effectively, so next to either Xhaka or Torreira with a creative dude in front of them.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He has to play in midfield, not ahead of it. He's a box-to-box effectively, so next to either Xhaka or Torreira with a creative dude in front of them.
No, he needs time back in the reserves to rebuild the confidence that has been knocked out of him in recent weeks. He's struggling big time.

Divided_Pie

Really disappointing to see Freddie carrying on with Emery’s “pressing #10” and Willock playing there. I figured he would favor Willock from their time in the U23’s but for the love of god play him as a B2B

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

He's and 8 not a 10. He's looked poor at 10 whenever he's be thrust into there. All his bet performances have been playing from deeper than that.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Looks good when the opponents are not giving any effort, turns into an utter dud the moment opposition start playing. Can run, dribble but has limited passing & cracks under pressure.
May turn out to be a decent bench option or starter for mid table clubs but don't think he'll ever become a first team regular for a club of our stature
Seems like a new Iwobi

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He was fine, petered out a bit towards the end and his lapse ended up with the 2nd goal for Liege. I liked his work deeper on the pitch, but I feel he needs to find better positions in the middle to receive. It's probably one of his bigger issues - doesn't get enough touches on the ball and goes missing when we have possession.

zilfy

He's found some bad form but many on here far too quick to write him off. He has shown enough in the early stages of the season to suggest he will be impressive in the future.

His loss of form needs to be understood in the context of a loss of form of 3/4 of our entire squad. No one's playing well (except Martinelli, Leno and Kola) and that's probably because we have been poorly coached for some time. I don't think an accurate assessment of a player's potential can be obtained under these conditions

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Do we not have a more talented midfielder in our youth academy? Shocking, considering that midfield was never a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom