• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Have to agree mate . He is better defending, better positioning , got pace that is sorely missing and he knows how to support the attack .

Hope Emery sees this , because Xhaka and Guendouzi is awful .
Find that pairing (Xhaka/Guendouzi) so dull.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Douzi was all over the pitch with an action performance, he was even providing protection for full-backs on occasion. Pretty sure heat maps will show this once they are out. I'd like to see the manager experiment with AMN in CM later on in the season once Bellerin is back. If AMN can provide additional depth for CM it could well be time to move Xhaka on next summer.

Willock will be sure to get plenty of chances once we are playing three matches a week. I don't think he's ready to consign Douzi to the bench just yet.

The way I look at it Guedo?xhaa is a very passive duo but who does Douzi partner ? It's not Torreira imo , Douzi wonder off too often and Lucas can't sit by himself . Guendo?Willock lack of experience .

He's the odd man out unless he learns to be a proper holder .

Iceman10

Established Member
The way I look at it Guedo?xhaa is a very passive duo but who does Douzi partner ? It's not Torreira imo , Douzi wonder off too often and Lucas can't sit by himself . Guendo?Willock lack of experience .

Douzi himself is a young talented player in development, still only 20. It's really more on the manager to define individual roles in CM, and how the three players there best complement each other. It's more about instructions and coaching than benching, imo. Fine-tuning details one would expect the manager to get into in his second season, and from what have seen I think Unai Emery will get around to working on this.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Douzi himself is a young talented player in development, still only 20. It's really more on the manager to define individual roles in CM, and how the three players there best complement each other. It's more about instructions and development than benching, imo. Fine-tuning details one would expect the manager to get into in his second season, and from what have seen I think Unai Emery will get around to working on this.

I agree which is why it's perplexing for me that he still roams around like he does away form his mid partner .

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think you have to pair him with Torreira and Ceballos as first choice.

You can’t get away with a midfield two unless you’ve got absolute top quality midfielders and we don’t have those yet.

A midfield three with those in has balance and creativity.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

You can’t get away with a midfield two unless you’ve got absolute top quality midfielders and we don’t have those yet.

Yup was thinking in a two , a three makes much more sense .

Iceman10

Established Member

Slight drawback here perhaps is a lack of range of passing. This is a problem in general with what we've got, tbh, but Ceballos is not a substitute for Özil's passing, at least in the attacking third, imo.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Guendouzi is too slow at releasing the ball, needs to stop trying to dribble past players when he just gets outmuscled and falls over half the time. Willock has that physicality over him, underrated passer too.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Torreira
Ceballos Willock
No chance of seeing it though.

Probably my favourite midfield, but lacks so much PL experience. I'd like to see it at some point though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Slight drawback here perhaps is a lack of range of passing. This is a problem in general with what we've got, tbh, but Ceballos is not a substitute for Özil's passing, at least in the attacking third, imo.

Depends how Emery sets us up, if we’re looking to play quick transition football you don’t a need ball dominant attacking midfielder like an Özil.

All you need is to get it to PEA/Laca/Pepe as soon as possible after winning the ball back, if you want to dominate possession more put Özil on the wing as part of a front three.

Iceman10

Established Member
Depends how Emery sets us up, if we’re looking to play quick transition football you don’t a need ball dominant attacking midfielder like an Özil.

All you need is to get it to PEA/Laca/Pepe as soon as possible after winning the ball back, if you want to dominate possession more put Özil on the wing as part of a front three.

Maybe, this is where I was headed in general in thinking, because was going to say we can't just look at the CM based on last season or in this one match. It is about how it will hook up with whatever Unai Emery plans for the attacking line, and indeed if he plans to play Auba-Laca-Pepe regularly (with overlapping full-backs in Tierney and Bellerin). Hopefully this will all organically sort itself out over the next couple of months, assuming Unai Emery has the required vision and coaching skills (I have no reason to doubt him at this point).

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

How has Xhakas experience helped him?
When Xhaka isn’t costing us games he’s useful.

Pikachu boy mentioned it in a tongue in cheek way but you can’t walk in and just complete 70+ passes in a PL game without having something about you. He keeps us ticking over, it’s other problems that he has.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
As mids go, Willock is better further forward with quick passes and sharper running. Quite tenacious too with well time tackling.

Douzi is better further back, always showing for the ball and can drop his shoulder to pass an on running forward and make fairly incisive passes. Pirlo-esque. He needs to work on his tackling, stop wandering so much and fill out a bit.

Both these players have massive potential and will be better than Xhaka and Torreira in a couple of years, who are both limited in my view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom