• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
I like him but you can count the amount of good performances he's had for the first team on one hand. The only thing he has going for him right now is that he is technically good for someone his height. Admittedly that's at least one more thing he's got over Guendouzi, but it's nothing worth demanding for the club to put faith in him to come good in god knows how many years.

If they aren't even Iwobi level talent, then what's the point? Putting up with them until they'll come good will just solidify our midtable spot.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
I dont get everyone on this forum, first its we need to be more ruthless then its we need to give players time to grow. You can't do both and how manny games are you willing to lose or be absoloutely battered in before the player might develop?

Genuinely how many games because every game until the player may hypothetically delvier will likely be a loss - the fact is right now our team is fkin tripe, if you cant stand out or make more than a handful of passes then how are you going to help us win a game or develop. And yeah this is aimed at Willock, he needs a loan to championship because right now he looks like a poor mans lingard playing in that forward midfield position. I'm sure hes far better than that but what is going to change that it all magically works?

progman07

Established Member
Honestly, I'd rather we kept Iwobi. He was at least physically ready for the PL. Does Willock have a higher ceiling? I seriouly doubt it.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Has the ability but doesn’t have the drive to match IMO. His ability with someone like AMN’s mentality and the sky would be the limit for him.

I’ve seen him do incredible things with the ball but he’s happy to go through the motions 8/10. He could be a beast in CM but there’s no will.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Still i think he need to improve alot to get starting spot there decision making and passing need to be better

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Not ready to be a starter with any regularity, but if he keeps impacting games off the bench, it'll be hard to keep him.

First EPL goal too. So chuffed for him. The brother who didn't leave. Wonder how Chris is feeling now?

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If he had as many minutes as Guendouzi in that role I strongly feel as though he’d be perceived very differently on here. With the time he’s had he has nearly always made a huge impact with or without the ball.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Not ready to be a starter with any regularity, but if he keeps impacting games off the bench, it'll be hard to keep him.

First EPL goal too. So chuffed for him. The brother who didn't leave. Wonder how Chris is feeling now?

Haven't really checked up on Chris, but I still believe he was the most talented Willock brother.

He was so graceful on the ball. His dribbling was the best in the academy since Jack Wilshere.

I still haven't seen anyone come through that was as smooth and technical (Reiss Nelson was more explosive with a better first-touch, but not as elegant on the ball).

The only problem with Chris was that he was a bit soft at times. He also would fall every time he had to shoot for whatever reason, like a Welbeck regen.

I think the closest in terms of technical ability to Chris in the academy now is Omari Hutchinson.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
He's what Ramsey fan girls pretended Ramsey was.

Young Ramsey looked more talented, but after that Shawcross injury, he lost some technical ability for whatever reason. He also wanted to be the next Lampard, goal scoring midfielder. Apart from the 13/14 season, Ramsey never really had any other great seasons here. He was pretty good his last season too, but just so injury prone and inconsistent. His touch, passing and positioning were all over the place. He was like Walcott, could be devastating at times, but for the most part, very frustrating player to watch.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Wish Arteta would try him in a role where he's a bit more involved in the build up, basically the role Ceballos has now, surely Willock cannot do worse than Beyblade Franco is doing.

tcahill

Has some admirable qualities but struggles to show them in premier league matches. He really needs a Chambers-esq loan to a lower level premier league team, or even a strong championship team.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Haven't really checked up on Chris, but I still believe he was the most talented Willock brother.

He was so graceful on the ball. His dribbling was the best in the academy since Jack Wilshere.

I still haven't seen anyone come through that was as smooth and technical (Reiss Nelson was more explosive with a better first-touch, but not as elegant on the ball).

The only problem with Chris was that he was a bit soft at times. He also would fall every time he had to shoot for whatever reason, like a Welbeck regen.

I think the closest in terms of technical ability to Chris in the academy now is Omari Hutchinson.
Chris is on loan at huddersfield. 8 games 1 goal. I never understand these kids that leave Arsenal to go to clubs where they don't earn any more money and wont get a sniff.

Willock left when we there were opportunities not far down the road to go to Benfica who produce wingers by the bucketload every few years.

McGuane went to Barca, whose youth set up is one of the best in the world at producing central midfielders, at a time we were shedding midfielders from the first team squad.

And both to clubs who always prioritise their home grown youth and actually give no more chances to kids than we do.

Agree with your assessment on Chris though. Like silk but always seemed to lack power. I was really disappointed when he left as I thought with a little more muscle he'd have a chance.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Young Ramsey looked more talented, but after that Shawcross injury, he lost some technical ability for whatever reason. He also wanted to be the next Lampard, goal scoring midfielder. Apart from the 13/14 season, Ramsey never really had any other great seasons here. He was pretty good his last season too, but just so injury prone and inconsistent. His touch, passing and positioning were all over the place. He was like Walcott, could be devastating at times, but for the most part, very frustrating player to watch.

Sadly, as often happens with serious injuries, being Shawcrossed left Ramsey injury prone in a way he wasn't before. 13/14 he was the best midfielder in the country by a mile, and then got injured. That injury probably cost us a chance at the title.

Part of Rambo's problem is we NEVER played with a 6 and 2 8's which would have been perfect for him

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Honestly the amount of projection and guesswork that goes on in these threads

None of you know what his drive/mentality is like ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom