• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Joe Willock: 2019/2020 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Part of Rambo's problem is we NEVER played with a 6 and 2 8's which would have been perfect for him

Think Arsène initially saw this happening post Cesc, with Wilshere and Ramsey becoming our key players...but he just couldn't help himself when Özil became available to buy.

MD3 Gunner

All Deals Off
Think Arsène initially saw this happening post Cesc, with Wilshere and Ramsey becoming our key players...but he just couldn't help himself when Özil became available to buy.
Our midfield from 2013-2016 >>>

if only we had that athletic raging defensive midfielder though.. I liked Coquelin but there were better options

GoonerJay24

Young Ramsey looked more talented, but after that Shawcross injury, he lost some technical ability for whatever reason. He also wanted to be the next Lampard, goal scoring midfielder. Apart from the 13/14 season, Ramsey never really had any other great seasons here. He was pretty good his last season too, but just so injury prone and inconsistent. His touch, passing and positioning were all over the place. He was like Walcott, could be devastating at times, but for the most part, very frustrating player to watch.

Ramsey had several good seasons but injuries badly affected his career

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If Willock is half the player Ramsey was for us then he'll have a good career. Honestly don't understand the stick Ramsey gets, the guy bled Arsenal and was top top class whenever he was properly fit. Look how much we have missed him this season...

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I think he just panicked with when it came to Özil as he didn't have a set out plan of how he wanted us to play and what type of players to recruit. It just turned up and nobody else was going after Özil with his apparent limits while the pressure on Wenger was piling up.

Buying Özil I don't think was a mistake though. He actually managed to make him perform better than expected but the problem was he didn't adequately invest to make it work.

I don't know what prompted Wenger to create a nice and comfy clown culture that spread all over the club but it became and still continues to cause us problems.

Riou

I think he just panicked with when it came to Özil as he didn't have a set out plan of how he wanted us to play and what type of players to recruit. It just turned up and nobody else was going after Özil with his apparent limits while the pressure on Wenger was piling up.

Buying Özil I don't think was a mistake though. He actually managed to make him perform better than expected but the problem was he didn't adequately invest to make it work.

I don't know what prompted Wenger to create a nice and comfy clown culture that spread all over the club but it became and still continues to cause us problems.

Glad we got Mes too, but our squad building was crazy, we probably had more number 10 at point than the rest of the league put together :lol:

If you think of the last season at Highbury, we had characters like...Henry, Bergkamp, Lehmann, Campbell, Lauren, Gilberto, Toure, Cole etc...then around 3 seasons later, all of them were gone in such a short period and we had no real leaders in the team anymore after having so many at one point...mad.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Glad we got Mes too, but our squad building was crazy, we probably had more number 10 at point than the rest of the league put together :lol:

If you think of the last season at Highbury, we had characters like...Henry, Bergkamp, Lehmann, Campbell, Lauren, Gilberto, Toure, Cole etc...then around 3 seasons later, all of them were gone in such a short period and we had no real leaders in the team anymore after having so many at one point...mad.
Yeah, we just seemed to be stockpiling players and of the same profile for some strange reason. They were all really nice, likeable and hug worthy also.

Yeah, post that time apart from Cesc and RVP who played and trained with those legends had that kind of character and leadership even if Cesc wasn't really ready for captaincy where RVP thrived. Apart from them though we were turning into a club in Wenger's happy lovely pretty boy club like Michael Jackson's Neverland.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Funny how Bellerin like totally represents and fits the club ambassador and captain role along with Özil owing to this new Arsenal culture.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Which seasons were good then?
Ramsey’s only good period was before his injury.
Which was a time before he gave up technical for physical. He was better in positioning, he was more aware of the overall team shape. He wouldn't blindly runs forward, leaving huge gaps for the opponent to exploit at the back. He wouldn't tried to be the hero scoring the important goal (but in fact, we conceded more because of him not staying back).
His decision making was better. His passing were more accurate. He uses his brain in the build up rather than rushing everything.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
The deal Ramsey has at Juventus will earn him 80M ffs.

He’s going to be seeing them 4 years out in Turin.

Riou

I’ll give you 12-13 and that’s generous, 13-14 for sure and then his final season for us.

He’s now gone to Juve to be a squad player.

His first two seasons he looked very promising, even if he was just a squad player then...10-11 he was just getting back from injury, can't really call that season good or bad...11-12 was probably his worst here...12-14 was probably his best period here...14-15 I would say good, found a nice role on the right wing that kind of suited him, shame he didn't want to stay there...15-16, I would say poor, bad season really for us...ditto for 16-17, FA cup final aside...17-18 he was very good and 18-19 although he started poorly he was our best midfielder that season by the end, and a huge miss for the run in.

Good seasons = 7 (5, if you don't want to count his first two seasons)
Bad seasons = 3

Think this is about right.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
His first two seasons he looked very promising, even if he was just a squad player then...10-11 he was just getting back from injury, can't really call that season good or bad...11-12 was probably his worst here...12-14 was probably his best period here...14-15 I would say good, found a nice role on the right wing that kind of suited him, shame he didn't want to stay there...15-16, I would say poor, bad season really for us...ditto for 16-17, FA cup final aside...17-18, I would say very good and 18-19 although he started poorly he was our best midfielder that season by the end and a huge miss for the run in.

Good seasons = 7 (5, if you don't want to count his first two seasons)
Bad seasons = 3

Think this is about right.
Highest scoring CM ever for us too. Good breakdown btw.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Leno can stay in the opponent box all the time. Scoring 5 goals in a season to become our highest scoring gk in history. (Even if we would concede 100 goals in a season for that, you people would still praise him as our highest scoring gk)

GDeep™

League is very weak
Leno can stay in the opponent box all the time. Scoring 5 goals in a season to become our highest scoring gk in history. (Even if we would concede 100 goals in a season for that, you people would still praise him as our highest scoring gk)
He had big goals though, think his record against the top teams is decent too.

GoonerJay24

Yeah, we just seemed to be stockpiling players and of the same profile for some strange reason. They were all really nice, likeable and hug worthy also.

Yeah, post that time apart from Cesc and RVP who played and trained with those legends had that kind of character and leadership even if Cesc wasn't really ready for captaincy where RVP thrived. Apart from them though we were turning into a club in Wenger's happy lovely pretty boy club like Michael Jackson's Neverland.

We still competed in some of these seasons though, I would argue that some of the on field leadership shown by the likes of Arteta and Mertersacker was equal to Adams and Viera

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I’ll give you 12-13 and that’s generous, 13-14 for sure and then his final season for us.

He’s now gone to Juve to be a squad player.

12/13, 13/14, 14/15, 17/18, 18/19. Two cup final winning goals, more than any midfielder in the current squad will ever do for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom