• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

José Manuel Jurado

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
http://www.eatsleepsport.com/arsenal/gunners-line-up-cesc-like-spanish-midfielder-1228362.html

Arsenal are lining up a move for Schalke's Spanish midfielder Jose Manuel Jurado as a potential replacement for Cesc Fabregas.
Gunners boss Arsène Wenger is understood to have been impressed with Jurado's displays for the German club in last season's Champions League when Schalke made it to the last four.

Although they were overwhelmed 6-1 on aggregate by Manchester United, Jurado came through the tie with some credit and scored Schalke's away goal at Old Trafford.

The 24-year-old was excellent in their 7-3 aggregate win over Inter Milan in the quarter-finals and played well in Schalke's 3-0 home win over Lyon - matches which Wenger followed particularly closely.

The former Atletico Madrid man was sold at the start of last season for £11million and would represent a cut-price alternative to Fabregas if Arsenal could snatch him for a similar fee.

There have been rumours that the German club are desperate to raise funds quickly to clear some long-standing debts and may be willing to offload one of their star names in the next few weeks.

Was quality during their run in the CL, not just the games against Inter and United.

Convenient report though, after PHW's comments today.

Proof

Established Member
Re: Jose Manuel Jurado

In terms of quality, only Xavi could adequately replace Fabregas. I don't think it's a good idea, to try and find a player who could emulate Cesc. If our captain decides to leave, then use the money for some high quality wingers and change the style of play.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Decent player but if we signed him to replace Cesc i wouldn't exactly be happy with it. I'd much rather go for Mata if we are to get a Spaniard during this transfer window. All in all there are many better players out there who we could sign instead of Jurado and he's also a bit lightweight for the premier league in my opinion. Not to mention he's another one who prefers to play behind the striker, something we don't need at all.

If Cesc goes (he won't in my opinion) than we'd be better off buying players for different positions because to try and replace Cesc with a like for like would be impossible really.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Generally speaking, Jurado's lack of pace would be a problem in England.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

AnthonyG said:
Have to be honest. I lost interest after the first sentence.
I lost interest after I saw eatsleepsport.

godfather

Only watched him a couple of times against Manu in the CL.
I think he was poor and his dicision making were really annoying at times.

raidersoftheark

Established Member

He's about at an Arteta level, although he was excellent in Schalke's CL run. I wouldn't say no were he to be a replacement for Rosicky so that we could spare Cesc now and again, but he's certainly not good enough to replace Cesc. Nobody is. I'd put Jack forward and get another mobile ball-winner to help Song instead of a watered down Fabregas.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Cesc Replacement has to be Wilshere and Ramsey midfield partnership with both having at least 2 full PL season under their belt

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom