• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Julian Brandt

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

No because I was exclusively talking about rising to the occasion and not hiding. I was never talking about their ability. There are players in semi pro football who 'rise to the occasion', I have a friend who is so good at it. and we only play at Powerleague vs other teams. Its not really about your ability its kind of about your mental strength, how much you believe in your ability. If I ignored Ronaldo and just went for Vardy, Saka and another good but not iconic player you wouldn't have batted an eye lid, but Ronaldo is obvsiously on another level and I guess you assumed I was putting them on his, which I didnt mean. Ronaldo is more clutch than them too, but I felt like I had to include him because he is the pinnacle.
Even that.....to be seen as someone who rise to the occasion, you have to do it far longer than Saka has. Right now he is a kid with huge talent playing with no fear. Lets see how he reacts when he is out of form and gets questioned which happens to every player. When he rises above that then we can say it

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Even that.....to be seen as someone who rise to the occasion, you have to do it far longer than Saka has. Right now he is a kid with huge talent playing with no fear. Lets see how he reacts when he is out of form and gets questioned which happens to every player. When he rises above that then we can say it
He was already out of form, after the beginning of the season. I don't think Saka is the kind of guy who will be out of form and play horrendously. Since he broke through his bad games really haven't been that bad, you can never say Saka has a horrendous game tbh.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He was already out of form, after the beginning of the season. I don't think Saka is the kind of guy who will be out of form and play horrendously. Since he broke through his bad games really haven't been that bad, you can never say Saka has a horrendous game tbh.

Yeah he has bad games but he always gets on the ball and makes things happen.

You can tell he’s an elite talent because his performance floor is so high. Like he’s pretty consistently giving you a 7/10 performance week in week out.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Yeah he has bad games but he always gets on the ball and makes things happen.

You can tell he’s an elite talent because his performance floor is so high. Like he’s pretty consistently giving you a 7/10 performance week in week out.
Exactly, thats what my original point was. He doesn't falter based on opposition. Even in tough games where we don't see much of the ball he's usually our best player. Against City at the Etihad he was a class above everyone on the pitch even though we lost in my opinion.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Exactly, thats what my original point was. He doesn't falter based on opposition. Even in tough games where we don't see much of the ball he's usually our best player. Against City at the Etihad he was a class above everyone on the pitch even though we lost in my opinion.

Never hides and even if he’s struggling he’ll show for the ball and keep trying.

Such an underrated quality.

balthazar

13d6f3e8769bec6d5467c2807e602b83.jpg

senna

We should pass on this - if he's not keen to come then not the type of player we want. Especially as he's not in the Dortmund team, shows lack of desire want for a comfort zone. We've seen the difficult of getting rid of those already here for a holiday.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
My gut says Brandt is the most likely. Whatever the merits of the different options, buying a player from Dortmund is just much more in character for Arsenal than buying a player from the Championship. It just feels like a very Arsenal transfer.

And Brandt is cool, lots of people who watch Bundesliga like him a lot and say he'd be a good fit. Very technical player, can't complain about that.

But at the same time part of me looks at Brandt and is 100% sure he'll end up being excluded from the squad for a pre-season tour when he's like 28 cos he's come back from holiday vastly overweight.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He has big "washed up by the time he's 30" vibes, y'know? But meh, I suppose as long as you get good use out of the player before they get washed up it's not such a bad thing. Longevity isn't for everyone.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Saw a 6 month loan floating about for Brandt? I mean that is the best possible outcome imo.

Not sure how reliable that was. But Brandt seems like the most likely signing at the minute and is probably the easiest one to do on a permanent deal.

Top Bottom