• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool: Off You Pop, Klopp

• Thread starter KMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,193
  • Views 816,933

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
No it's a genuine opinion. Unless Liverpools season take a major u-turn, which won't happen.

Combined 11 from the two squads?

Jens
Trent-Virgil-Sol-Cashley
Paddy-Gilberto
Salah-Pires-Mane
Henry
...Allison is a flip of a coin with Jens tbf, prefer our crazy German though...only reason Bergkamp isn't in it, is I am just taking performances over those two seasons, and in my opinion Dennis' last top season consistently was probably 2001-2002.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think as a collection of players the Invincibles are miles better, Liverpool midfield up against Gilberto and Vieira is no contest. Back line is a draw for me but up front again we’d shade it.

For me though their whole team works as a better unit. I remember us getting out of jail a few times in that invincible season like the infamous Old Trafford game and Portsmouth away.

With them it’s actually ridiculous how they’ve not come close to defeat once so far. Not sure if that places them above us but still, think they’re in the mix for greatest three PL teams I’ve ever seen with the Invincibles and that 2007/08 Utd side.

I’ve deliberately avoided including Pep’s City because nothing about their success has been organic, they’ve not unearthed any gems in the transfer market and they’ve had not had any starting quality players come through their academy.

Every player in that team now is pretty much a high profile signing that other clubs just can’t compete for. They racked up the points totals but they’ve been playing a different game to the rest of the league.

Riou

Would have traded a loss in the league early on during our Invincible season, for us to win the Champions League in 2006, if you offered me it though.

That's why Wenger was a massive European failure.
Not particularly true. We were always hard done by injuries and silly refereeing decisions. Wenger would have lifted at it at least once if RVP wasn't red carded vs Barca and if Eto'o didn't dive that hard.

I think as a collection of players the Invincibles are miles better, Liverpool midfield up against Gilberto and Vieira is no contest. Back line is a draw for me but up front again we’d shade it.

For me though their whole team works as a better unit. I remember us getting out of jail a few times in that invincible season like the infamous Old Trafford game and Portsmouth away.

With them it’s actually ridiculous how they’ve not come close to defeat once so far. Not sure if that places them above us but still, think they’re in the mix for greatest three PL teams I’ve ever seen with the Invincibles and that 2007/08 Utd side.

I’ve deliberately avoided including Pep’s City because nothing about their success has been organic, they’ve not unearthed any gems in the transfer market and they’ve had not had any starting quality players come through their academy.

Every player in that team now is pretty much a high profile signing that other clubs just can’t compete for. They racked up the points totals but they’ve been playing a different game to the rest of the league.
Tbf they've been saved by VAR so many times. They also came very close to losing against United.
I agree about the personnel although I would have loved Salah on that team.

Sydney-Gooner

Not particularly true. We were always hard done by injuries and silly refereeing decisions. Wenger would have lifted at it at least once if RVP wasn't red carded vs Barca and if Eto'o didn't dive that hard.

Don't buy it. For a supposed elite manager one final and a semi final appearance is completely pathetic.

Riou

Arsène should have done more in Europe with the squad he had from 1996-2008, not winning at least one European Cup during this time is very disappointing, still a top manager though.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Arsène should have done more in Europe with the squad he had from 1996-2008, not winning at least one European Cup during this time is very disappointing, still a top manager though.

Our tactics wasn't right in some matches and defence cost us few times.Wenger changed that in 2006 when we played final.

Think that CL is just much more than having good players and team will win it.You need little bit of everything.

Riou

Would say Wenger only had one truly elite team during his time, even that for 2/3 years.

The rest of the time we were punching above our weight.

Even in Europe, Wenger over achieved.

Arsène at Highbury should have done better, 2004 should have been our year, had the best team in the world...there where also a few years where we ballsed up groups we should have gotten out of, 98-99, 01-02 etc...we did get unlucky with injuries etc, 2006 we were so close...I don't know, I just look back annoyed that we didn't win one...Arsène was still a top coach for me though.

Sydney-Gooner

Would say Wenger only had one truly elite team during his time, even that for 2/3 years.

The rest of the time we were punching above our weight.

Even in Europe, Wenger over achieved.

Wenger could have gotten us relegated and you still would have claimed he overachieved.

Reactions: A_G

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I used to hate that second group stage nonsense when I was a kid, felt we were robbed of a place in the quarters in 2002/03. F*cking John Carew.

2004/05 was a poor effort, got bounced out by Bayern after Kolo gave them two goals. Should’ve got through to face Mourinho in the next round.

2006/07 was dreadful though, even with a squad that was slightly rebuilding. Getting knocked out by a mediocre PSV after one of the worst home performances I’d ever seen at the Emirates was embarrassing.

In years after I think we were unlucky with the draws and came up against some real juggernauts like Pep’s Barca and Heynckes Bayern.

Monaco in 2014/15 was the only one that was a complete disappointment.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I used to hate that second group stage nonsense when I was a kid, felt we were robbed of a place in the quarters in 2002/03. F*cking John Carew.

2004/05 was a poor effort, got bounced out by Bayern after Kolo gave them two goals. Should’ve got through to face Mourinho in the next round.

2006/07 was dreadful though, even with a squad that was slightly rebuilding. Getting knocked out by a mediocre PSV after one of the worst home performances I’d ever seen at the Emirates was embarrassing.

In years after I think we were unlucky with the draws and came up against some real juggernauts like Pep’s Barca and Heynckes Bayern.

Monaco in 2014/15 was the only one that was a complete disappointment.

Losing 4-0 to Milan was pretty bad tbf, even worse considering he absolutely battered them in the second leg.

Latest posts

Top Bottom