• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool: Slot Shame

• Thread starter KMC
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,397
  • Views 838,643

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
No I haven’t because I’ve got no business going to Merseyside.

BTW you’ve never been to America have you? Yes Soccer is not the dominant sport here but almost 90% of American Soccer fans root for one of either Real Madrid or Manchester United. It is sickening and nauseating with all the bandwagon fans and Ronaldo fanboys.

Well, it's like that in Ireland, too. A lot of Liverpool fans. They were closeted fans until this season and now they're all out of the woodwork being super irritating, thinking they're some kind of big club.

Rarely see a Real Madrid fan here, or Barca fans. It's all Man United/Liverpool, and the Man United fans are more tolerable than Liverpool fans, which should put things into perspective. There's a huge Irish connection with Liverpool, but it's, as you put it, nauseating.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
No I haven’t because I’ve got no business going to Merseyside.

BTW you’ve never been to America have you? Yes Soccer is not the dominant sport here but almost 90% of American Soccer fans root for one of either Real Madrid or Manchester United. It is sickening and nauseating with all the bandwagon fans and Ronaldo fanboys.

The fan bases here are a lot more diverse than that. In fact, Real Madrid is only the 4th most popular European team among U.S. fans. A comprehensive study conducted at the University of Tubingen in Germany last year found these to be the most popular teams in America:

1. Manchester United
2. Barcelona
3. Chelsea
4. Real Madrid
5. Liverpool
6. Bayern
7. Manchester City
8. Arsenal
9. AC Milan
10. Juventus

I've noticed quite a lot of support for Sp**s, Everton, Roma, Inter, Dortmund, Sevilla and Valencia as well. PSG is gaining a lot of fans too (and will take off once Tim Weah becomes a fixture in the first team).

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
The fan bases here are a lot more diverse than that. In fact, Real Madrid is only the 4th most popular European team among U.S. fans. A comprehensive study conducted at the University of Tubingen in Germany last year found these to be the most popular teams in America:

1. Manchester United
2. Barcelona
3. Chelsea
4. Real Madrid
5. Liverpool
6. Bayern
7. Manchester City
8. Arsenal
9. AC Milan
10. Juventus

I've noticed quite a lot of support for Sp**s, Everton, Roma, Inter, Dortmund, Sevilla and Valencia as well. PSG is gaining a lot of fans too (and will take off once Tim Weah becomes a fixture in the first team).

I’m going on my personal anecdote. Most Hispanic people I come across are Real Madrid fans and the rest are Messi fanboys. Where I’m from there are not many soccer fans and the ones who are are either United fans or RM fans.

RM fans in the past few years have been as arrogant and sickening as United fans were ten years ago.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I’m going on my personal anecdote. Most Hispanic people I come across are Real Madrid fans and the rest are Messi fanboys. Where I’m from there are not many soccer fans and the ones who are are either United fans or RM fans.

RM fans in the past few years have been as arrogant and sickening as United fans were ten years ago.

That's what I figured. And yes, most latino fans of European clubs are more likely to be La Liga fans (I once lived among Mexican/Central American immigrants in Texas). Those of us of British descent (my family came from north London in the 17th Century, although they were from Chelmsford before that) are more likely to go with a Premier League club. But your personal local experience isn't representative of the whole. You can find bars in all the major cities that cater to all the top European teams.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Really hoping one of Liverpool or Tottenham finish 5th.

If Liverpool finish 5th and lose to Madrid it will be hilarious :lol:

Chelsea are a nothing club so dont care if they qualify for CL.

Jurgen Flopp is actually gonna have less total points this season than previous. Even if he had better attack than Sterling/Suarez/Sturridge attack was this season...

Must be telling that he is just not good manager at all.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Dude.... believe us, those guys are nothing compared to Liverpool's fans arrogance.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Liverpool fans, are delusional and still have a sense of self grandeur even though they haven't won the league in 30years and a meaningful trophy in 11.

What typifies it was when Sanchez decided to join Arsenal over Liverpool and Phil Thompson was saying it was a big mistake by Sanchez, he doesn't have ambition etc. Just sour grapes.

If they win the CL they will be intolerable.

Real fans are mostly plastics, and know f'all about football. What they say doesn't bother me.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
The Liverpool fans I find most annoying are the ones outside of Liverpool, same applies to Utd fans.

I do have a bad feeling that Liverpool will knick a league title at some point in the next few years and then it will be unbearable, may even be next season, it will be when the main lot have a poor season and they will step in and take it like Leicester did.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
The Liverpool fans I find most annoying are the ones outside of Liverpool, same applies to Utd fans.

I do have a bad feeling that Liverpool will knick a league title at some point in the next few years and then it will be unbearable, may even be next season, it will be when the main lot have a poor season and they will step in and take it like Leicester did.

It will be interesting to see how Klopp moulds his team with the new additions. To his credit he has improved Liverpool's defensive setup, with them equaling or beating Rafa's clean sheet record, I cant remember the result of their last game.

But they still remain an incomplete unit, unable to play penetrating football when the spaces are shut down. Unless I see a dramatic improvement in that area, will they fail to impress yet again in the new season.

For all their spectacular play, they amassed 75 points this season and finished fourth. Says it all to me really.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
It will be interesting to see how Klopp moulds his team with the new additions. To his credit he has improved Liverpool's defensive setup, with them equaling or beating Rafa's clean sheet record, I cant remember the result of their last game.

But they still remain an incomplete unit, unable to play penetrating football when the spaces are shut down. Unless I see a dramatic improvement in that area, will they fail to impress yet again in the new season.

For all their spectacular play, they amassed 75 points this season and finished fourth. Says it all to me really.

Yeah I dont think they will ever walk a league, but I can see them knicking a title when or if City were to dip, I'm talking champions of a season with a low points total, they just seem that type of club :lol:

Last edited:

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude

I think they could do it next year, especially if they’re riding the high of a CL win. Klopp has been bang-on with transfers and the extra money, owner backing, and prestige from their CL run (even perhaps even if they don’t win it) will only give him more ammo. City will have to regress a little, of course, but stranger things have happened.

I think Liverpool deserve a league title. I grew up watching them dominate the European Cup and as such, grudgingly, have a little fondness for them. 5 Euro Cups can not be sniffed at.
Arsenal could learn a lot from Liverpool.
They over-achieve.
We under-achieve.

The most unprofessional club in the world. They want it one way.
I agree to some extent that Liverpool don't like it when someone comes in for one of their players, even if the finance involved it handsome, such as when Barca came in for Coutinho - what was not to like?
However, in this case I think they feel aggrieved because Brewster was not approached through the correct channels.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom