• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

just how good is he?

beaney

REYES:

obviously all the talk is about this boy.

Now, ive HEARD he is VERY good very good indeed. very technically gifted and can pass well and makes opportunity for others.

During Sevilla's 4-1 thrashing of Madrid, he was instrumental, tore them apart, apparently......?

now i know statistics arent everything but these ones, IMO, dont read brilliantly.

but then again, he is more of a Bergy than a Wrighty.

What does everyone think.....?

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 19,00.html

JazzG

Established Member
Keep it in the Reyes thread matey, don't want the forum full of threads on 1 player!

Alexone234

At Seville he doesn't have players like TH, PV, RP, DB, FL GS around him. If he can get 5 so far this season at Seville, I am sure he can get quite a few for us in the 2nd half of the footballing year

beaney

yeah, with better players around him im sure he will flourish!!!

well let shope so, he really is a BIG talent and Arsenal is the best place for him!!!

slapz

saw him a few times last season on sky and the 4-1 v madrid this season and he looked really good. The only concern is he hogs the left side seeming similar to thierry

Sol man

I bet Feyernoord feel like ****s now. They should have sold Van Persie to us for the fee that was offered and they should not have talked about it. Now they risk having an angry player who will feel that he should have been the one signing for Arsenal. They could also lose him for free to us.

Andrew

I hope Reyes plays on the right hand side of the forward line, because Henry is just so good on the left. I also like the idea of how he can cut in on his left foot and shoot. But it could be a good idea for them to change sides during the course of the match, which would cause all sorts of problems for defences.

But I really don't know much about Reyes to be honest. But I do think he will fit in very well at Arsenal, because he is technically good and quick... just a typical Arsenal player. And he is 20, so he has plenty of years ahead of him. Just imagine if he were anywhere as good as Henry, we would be unstoppable. 8)

titi

I think this guy is a class act but as i mentioned before dont expect too much too soon. This boy will need time to settle and we will not see the best of him until next season. Everyone is right in saying that at arsenal he will have class all around him and this will make him a top player.

Sammer

Established Member
Alexone234 said:
At Seville he doesn't have players like TH, PV, RP, DB, FL GS around him. If he can get 5 so far this season at Seville, I am sure he can get quite a few for us in the 2nd half of the footballing year

Spot on, Alex. With all the brilliant players around him + Wengers ability to bring out the best in every player, he WILL be brilliant.

And he is only 20........... :D

matu

I think he is a good player with lots of potential..... i have seen him play in a couple of games and his left foot seems terrific....will fit well with the team..

Sin-gunner

If Reyes is in TH mould..Imagine 2 TH playing together every week...Very scary for all the other EPL teams. ;D

dead^man

i would love to see him as a left winger ..
pires with viera . freddi right winger ..
bergy and henry up front ..

mood

When Thierry first came to Arsenal.. he wasn't as good as how Reyes is now. So.. if Wenger can improve Henry in such a way or even Pires. What is Reyes going to turn out to be ?

reggiepaul

Reyes can actually play right or left but prefers to play up front. He was only played left wing because, well, that's where he was supposed to play.

One of his brilliance is down to being a perfect left footed right sided striker and winger as well as his proved left sided ability.

Great Gunman

Out of this world, Phew - Damn!!!. I'm an avid fan of La Liga and when I said the boy is a genius, hardly another believes me, unless you watch Spanish football.
He destroyed Real Madrid; he left Figo, Zidane and Co. for dead. "Is that b***ard playing like this just because it is us". It was so humiliating that he was just going past Real's defenders on a motorbike as if they were invisilbe .
This guy is the most fouled-player in their league. I can wait for him the wear the No.9 shirt and the way he plays is just right for Arsenal. Let this be a warning to all defenders, you thought Henry was fast, Reyes is like a bullet, so BEWARE!!!!!!!!
:lol:

seanconvey66

Hes class best young player in the world bar none! much better than Rooney, Van Der Vaart, Sneijnder, Teves, Diego the lot. This geezer is mustard!

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom