• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cobra Kai Havertz: No Mercy

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

fute

The gap is at striker and depth. They going to probably pull the double despite missing kdb almost their whole season. If Ødegaard missed half the season we would be done. City loses a starting CB no one notices. We lose one and all of sudden we drop off a cliff. We have 5 guys that we were lucky that they were healthy all year mostly. If Rice,Ode, Saliba, Saka, or Gabriel don’t play we are a Europa team

I see, but Ode was out for part of first half of the season. He struggled around that time too.

Saka was out for the 1st City game we won.

Agree about the defenders though and midfield overall.

Midfield is the thinnest. LB is the weakest spot, and depth at CB and RB are issues.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Can you imagine Leao combining with Havertz. Wow.

That said I’d prefer Isak and a pacy winger as well. Replace Eddie and Reiss in the squad.
To me, Isak is the one because you can actually start him and Havertz together and let them interchange. at times. Hazard can drift to the left to play the ball into the box while Isak attacks the space and Isak can attack from the left half space while Kai attracts the CBs with his aerial threat.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
I see, but Ode was out for part of first half of the season. He struggled around that time too.

Saka was out for the 1st City game we won.

Agree about the defenders though and midfield overall.

Midfield is the thinnest. LB is the weakest spot, and depth at CB and RB are issues.
Saka, Ode and all of our key 5 or so guys were healthy for vast majority of season. Ode and our form suffered during period you talk about. Saka as well has looked haggard and bereft of ideas at times. Depth and striker is where we still need to close the gap. Imagine this team without Saliba or Rice; we are talking massive drop off. City maybe only Rodri is that indispensable

coleio

Saka, Ode and all of our key 5 or so guys were healthy for vast majority of season. Ode and our form suffered during period you talk about. Saka as well has looked haggard and bereft of ideas at times. Depth and striker is where we still need to close the gap. Imagine this team without Saliba or Rice; we are talking massive drop off. City maybe only Rodri is that indispensable

Yeah, striker, a dynamic 8 and a winger is what we need.

I think some of our players are carrying knocks and playing through (Saka, Jesus) and that is not a good position to be in.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
His problem has always been consistency. He's had runs of form that were close to this before, albeit this one seems to be a bit longer than those at Chelsea.

If that is somewhat resolved, I'd rather get a wing option that can rotate between Saka/Martinelli/Trossard if the CF market continues the way it is right now.

Farzad Stoned

Those names... Basically won't show up here when Kai has a good game.

They have been so eager to say "I told you so".
Here. He is still a crap striker. 1 in 3 goals a game basically with poor passing despite the very nice ball he delivered today. No one is excited by that strike rate for any striker at a big club. He is basically the taller, better paid Joselu

Farzad Stoned

That was a really impressive performance against Sp**s. I think Teta deserves manager of the year purely based on what he’s done with this guy.
Pssst. Psst. Managers who win trophies get awards.

bergholt

He is not good enough as a starting striker to close the gap with City. He was a total disaster first half of year. He has been ok second half of year. 12 league goals or even one or two more in last 3 matches is still not a good enough for a league winning striker. We need a striker; Jesus can stay and play winger and 3rd choice striker. But we need a top finisher. We still need 3 to 4 new players a couple of starters and a couple of good bench players to round this team into a trophy winning destroyer

Agree but I doubt we’ll bring in a pure striker. Tets loves positional flexibility and we already have three who can play CF in different ways (ignoring Eddie because he’s gone). Signings should be mids imo, especially with creativity and workrate.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Can you imagine Leao combining with Havertz. Wow.

That said I’d prefer Isak and a pacy winger as well. Replace Eddie and Reiss in the squad.
Hate to break it up to you, but Leao is not the answer.
He is a fantasista, probably one of the very few left, great skill brilliant to watch, but he also need special care. He also gonna leave for Barcelona/Real Madrid sooner or later.

PS : I prefer we get Theo Hernandez from AC Milan

Farzad Stoned

Agree but I doubt we’ll bring in a pure striker. Tets loves positional flexibility and we already have three who can play CF in different ways (ignoring Eddie because he’s gone). Signings should be mids imo, especially with creativity and workrate.
We need another versatile and technical attacker, strengthen defensive bench and bring in another midfielder of starting quality. But i agree i think is going with Kai and i don’t see any likely striker options out there anyway

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom