• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cobra Kai Havertz: No Mercy

Will Kai prove to be a Xhaka upgrade?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
he will miss too many big chances like he did this year.
At the start of the season he was very low in confidence and had trouble even kicking the ball but overall his finishing has been quite good actually. In fact he is slightly above his xG for the season. Which I assume must be a surprise for you and a few others who keep saying he is a bad finisher. We have to see if he can keep it up for a whole season but so far it is promising.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

One of the only ones who saw what Arteta wanted from Havertz while A-M was too blind to see whats right in front of them (as usual).

Granted it has turned out different because he works best as striker for us not as a midfielder. But he’s showing his qualities from his leverkussen days. That movement in behind is priceless. Seriously. Nobody wants to see Jesus dribbling in his own box and then nowhere to be found when we are close to the opposite box. As he matures he learns to use his natural physicality so well. He’s a troll and a nuisance as well which is something you need. Him and Ben White fighting for #1 troll position lol.

Chelsea stink is long gone for me, look at all the players that will not flourish there.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
At the start of the season he was very low in confidence and had trouble even kicking the ball but overall his finishing has been quite good actually. In fact he is slightly above his xG for the season. Which I assume must be a surprise for you and a few others who keep saying he is a bad finisher. We have to see if he can keep it up for a whole season but so far it is promising.
He isn’t a prolific or clinical finisher. His goal numbers are not impressive for having played the number of matches he has had. I just don’t put much stock in xg.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

He isn’t a prolific or clinical finisher. His goal numbers are not impressive for having played the number of matches he has had. I just don’t put much stock in xg.

Eh? Havertz has 12 goals and 6 assists in the league in under 2400 minutes.

7 goals and 6 assists having come when he’s started up front and 5 goals from midfield.

He had his adjustment period and he’s now flying, an integral part of our team.

Assisted the winning goal vs City, scored both late winners against Brentford, important goal vs Luton, scored that big third goal yesterday, 2 goals vs Chelsea etc etc.

You can no longer belittle Arteta so you’ve turned on Havertz. At first the narrative was “he was crap at Chelsea what an awful signing he won’t do well here”. And now the narrative is “well his numbers aren’t great for a striker”. Wind it in, he’s been excellent.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
I get it you are skeptical about him which is fine. The sample size is still too small but I'm not sure how you can say his numbers aren't impressive. In his last 11 league starts when he has mainly played up front he has 8 goals and 5 assist.

That is highly impressive. If he done that over a whole season that would be 27 goals. Of course that isn't likely to happen as I'm not sure Havertz is an out and out goalscorer. We don't necessarily need him to be putting up crazy numbers anyway. As long as his all round game benefits the team and he is scoring at a decent rate that is more preferable than an Auba who would score at an amazing rate but we would be less effective as a team.

PrinzPoldi

Martinelli's productivity dried up, Ode score less than last year... while some just finger pointing Kai that he is NOT GOOD ENOUGH, NOT ELITE regardless, while we definitely need more concern and attention on some other important positions, like LCM (If Arteta not trying his Kai experiment again), Saka's replacement, Partey/Jorgi replacement, and if we need an upgrade of Martinelli.

CannonBals

Martinelli's productivity dried up, Ode score less than last year... while some just finger pointing Kai that he is NOT GOOD ENOUGH, NOT ELITE regardless, while we definitely need more concern and attention on some other important positions, like LCM (If Arteta not trying his Kai experiment again), Saka's replacement, Partey/Jorgi replacement, and if we need an upgrade of Martinelli.
Left out the biggest of all. A starting LB. Only position which does not have any natural player to pick which is good.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Depth. Main player that needs backup for mine is Ødegaard, we have ok or good replacements for everyone else but zero for Ode.
We got no one to replace the center backs either. We saw last year how he won’t move white inside, kiwior is ok and Tomy is always hurt

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom