• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kia Joorabchian's Transfer Targets: January 2020

Which area of the pitch is the biggest priority to improve in January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I don't care if he's cheap as long as he's good player ( played for the best team in Brazil and got in their league team of the year) and is an upgrade on our current liability of LCB in Luiz.

Give me another Holding for 2m or Kos for 8.5m rather than spending 30m+ on claminty error prone CB like Maguire, Mangala, Mustafi or the rumoured Koulibaly and Upamecano.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Like I said sometime ago, we should cash in on Auba and Laca for £100m and Elneny, mustafi, mkhi and other Deadwood for £50m and a further £50 from the club's coffers and we have 200m for the summer we can invest in defense, midfield and attack

:drool:
Paying Haaland’s release clause of 60M is the first thing we should do.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Going into next summer will be interesting. Likely to start next season with a very settled defence for once. Lots of options now.

Leno
Bellerin
Saliba
Pablo Mari
Tierney

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
hmmm I dont think who will partner Saliba is settled so far. I still think Holding might be the answer internally

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Seems like we only ever get linked to Brazilians these days! DO they have any top quality midfield enforcers or flying wingers out there?

Get These Hands

Off of my purse !
Seems like we only ever get linked to Brazilians these days! DO they have any top quality midfield enforcers or flying wingers out there?

If there's players like Martinelli in Brazil's regional farmer's division, then surely there's an abundance of talent knocking about in that country. I'm surprised we've never really recruited from there more. Edu, Silvinho and Gilberto Silva are the only players I can think of that we've signed from there.

Sydney-Gooner

If there's players like Martinelli in Brazil's regional farmer's division, then surely there's an abundance of talent knocking about in that country. I'm surprised we've never really recruited from there more. Edu, Silvinho and Gilberto Silva are the only players I can think of that we've signed from there.

You're forgetting the main man.

DAIM.gif

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Force him to. Jezus the guy has the timing of runs like Cavani with better finishing.
The guy just has it all. His finishing and movement is already world class at just 19. plus his death stare is enough give any defender heart attack.

It's a shame he's represented by that fat weasel, Raiola

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

I always used to say (with only a minimum of hyperbole) that there are guys kicking a ball around on street corners in Brazil who could play for most national teams. The prospect of Arsenal beginning to uncover some of the gems that usually end up in Spain or Italy or maybe don't make it out of Brazil until they've made a name for themselves is kind of exciting.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I always used to say (with only a minimum of hyperbole) that there are guys kicking a ball around on street corners in Brazil who could play for most national teams. The prospect of Arsenal beginning to uncover some of the gems that usually end up in Spain or Italy or maybe don't make it out of Brazil until they've made a name for themselves is kind of exciting.
and Edu looks like a man it would be difficult to say no to

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
If the Mari signing proves to be a success then I can see the plan for next season being something like this:

Luiz
Sokratis
Mari
Saliba

As our core group of CB's

With holding going out on loan for a season of much needed regular football

Chambers to return from injury midway through the season

That leaves question marks over Mustafi. Preferably sold or released, but could act as backup to the backups should we let his contract run down.

The goal has to be to have saliba bedded in by the end of the season, then allowing one of/both luiz and sokratis to go at the end of deals while making decisions on holding and chambers.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

Martinelli had a EU passport, most dont?
And the rules will be even harder due to brexit?

Last edited:

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If the Mari signing proves to be a success then I can see the plan for next season being something like this:

Luiz
Sokratis
Mari
Saliba

As our core group of CB's

With holding going out on loan for a season of much needed regular football

Chambers to return from injury midway through the season

That leaves question marks over Mustafi. Preferably sold or released, but could act as backup to the backups should we let his contract run down.

The goal has to be to have saliba bedded in by the end of the season, then allowing one of/both luiz and sokratis to go at the end of deals while making decisions on holding and chambers.

Marjorie there's no way Holding goes out on loan. He will want to be competing here or starting somewhere smaller at his age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom