• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Most clubs will look to do their business before the season starts. The Champions League might **** with that a little bit depending on how far certain teams/players get.
This season transfers will he very different teams in CL will Wait for thier campaign to ends so they'll make moves and that's affecting our deal with Partey

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

In the past two seasons he's been injured for 216 days and missed 43 games. The two seasons before that missed another 20 games.

Has recurring knee issues and is currently injured with a knee problem

Other than that yeah let's sign him
He's been injured a fair bit I've heard but he can still be pretty good, if we get him I guess we'll have a look & see.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Umtiti will retire very soon if it keep like this i read doctors confirmed that he won't ever go a full season without getting seriously injured he basically like Wilshere

Goonger

Umtiti has chronic knee injuries, he's injured right now ffs. It's sad, but you should really steer clear of him.

This. Its a shame for the lad, but he's goosed I'm afraid. Even when he is 'fit', he's not the same player. Another Vermaelan I'm afraid.

HBL

Established Member
Who’s the equivalent to a 2016 Mane in the PL today? The likes of Richarlison/Jota/Traore are £100m players to their clubs.
Where’s our Salah?

Easy to say copy Liverpool, the players aren’t there for us.
Pedro Neto

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Avoid at all costs. We have to be smart with our business and as Arteta said be patient. Nowhere was that clearer than our pursuit of Tierney when we could have went and bought another player for less hassle. Or I suppose we could have just made the 25m offer outright and got it done. Either way though we clearly identified number one priority and waited. Hopefully that early identification and patience pays off. Partley seems like this summer's Tierney.

Bloodbather

Established Member

I really like Umtiti and a healthy version of him would be an excellent signing. However, I'm afraid that healthy version no longer exists.

This. Its a shame for the lad, but he's goosed I'm afraid. Even when he is 'fit', he's not the same player. Another Vermaelan I'm afraid.

At least he did get to be a starter in a World Cup winning side. Important contributor, too, he was the one who got them to the Final by scoring against Belgium.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Umtiti here would be perfect and I would have been keen on the move if he was available to loan this Summer but it isn't worth the risk now after yet another knee injury.

Malky

Established Member
No, absolutely no to Umtiti.We don't need a big name player on high wages that can't stay fit. His best years are behind him.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We need to be smart. Outsmarting the market is not buying injured players, or getting players in on loan with silly wages, or even getting old players on a free on silly wages.

Covid will seriously effect a lot of clubs and if we are financially sustainable, we need to use our small budget, and player sales to exploit these clubs.

South American clubs and Portuguese clubs who usually demand ludicrous fees for their talents will have to sell lower now. The same goes for clubs around europe. There will be european clubs in trouble who have very good players and will need to raise funds. We have to be smart.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Ollie Watkins with another goal, now 23 in the Championsship.

“That’s the dream, to play for Arsenal one day. But, you know, it’s a long shot,” Watkins said at the awards ceremony.

https://sportsgazette.co.uk/thats-t...rd-star-ollie-watkins-reveals-his-dream-move/

He played as a Winger earlier, now is playing as a central striker for Brentford. They are just one point behind West Brom with 2 games left. Probably they will get the second place, they are really good in form.

We were really interested to sign him under Mislintat, he scouted him personally in their games. Don't know why the club decided against a transfer than, now he will be expensive as hell. Especially if they will relegate in the Premier League.

But still could be an interesting option for the striker spot, especially if Lacazette leaves and Auba won't sign a new contract. Will be interesting how he will play in the PL:

Shalmaneser V

Ollie Watkins with another goal, now 23 in the Championsship.

https://sportsgazette.co.uk/thats-t...rd-star-ollie-watkins-reveals-his-dream-move/

He played as a Winger earlier, now is playing as a central striker for Brentford. They are just one point behind West Brom with 2 games left. Probably they will get the second place, they are really good in form.

We were really interested to sign him under Mislintat, he scouted him personally in their games. Don't know why the club decided against a transfer than, now he will be expensive as hell. Especially if they will relegate in the Premier League.

But still could be an interesting option for the striker spot, especially if Lacazette leaves and Auba won't sign a new contract. Will be interesting how he will play in the PL:

Che Adams looked pretty decent in the championship too.

Tbf a friend of mine is big Brentford fan and rates Watkins highly. It’s huge jump though going from the championship to the mighty Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom