• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Why have all of our transfers seemingly blown up in our faces? Were Kia's public bs comments that detrimental? :lol::lol:

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Dream summer would be:

In:
Torreira/Kluivert and Diawara swap
Lacazette/Ramsey swap
Reguilon
Andreas Perreira
Willian (Free)
Clement Grenier (Kia client)

Seeing AM melting down over that would be once in a lifetime stuff.
Wind up merchant Rex, you hate to see it. What's going on on this forum man, haha

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Not exactly a ton of left footed centre backs out there. That's why we signed Mari.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Upamecano does well vs strikers who make it a straight physical duel. It's the smart strikers with good movement and fast feet who catch him out and England is full of them. He has a big body, alot of weight on him and had a serious knee injury. Straight line speed is very good, mobility and agility are still questionable. I would still question it. Not sure anyone noticed, but at some points he was ahead of the midfield trying to dictate play. I like my defenders to be defenders, not think they are deep lying playmakers.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Upamecano does well vs strikers who make it a straight physical duel. It's the smart strikers with good movement and fast feet who catch him out and England is full of them. He has a big body, alot of weight on him and had a serious knee injury. Straight line speed is very good, mobility and agility are still questionable. I would still question it. Not sure anyone noticed, but at some points he was ahead of the midfield trying to dictate play. I like my defenders to be defenders, not think they are deep lying playmakers.

You may like that, but Arteta wants fast transition with his defenders coming out and giving the ball in midfield.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
You may like that, but Arteta wants fast transition with his defenders coming out and giving the ball in midfield.

Not sure what he likes yet. I think he wants defenders that can cover large spaces, but I think he wants a balance.

Put it this way. If you had a back two, do you think I you would want two players who like to step out and engage? Because we saw that before with Koscielny and Vermaelen. Saliba steps out and plays. He engages physically. We need a more positionally sound CB at lcb who is more a reader of the game.

Upamecano isn't positionally sound.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Not sure what he likes yet. I think he wants defenders that can cover large spaces, but I think he wants a balance.

Put it this way. If you had a back two, do you think I you would want two players who like to step out and engage? Because we saw that before with Koscielny and Vermaelen. Saliba steps out and plays. He engages physically. We need a more positionally sound CB at lcb who is more a reader of the game.

Well going by our top two targets for CB who are Upamecano and Gabriel you can see what Arteta wants next to Saliba. Think that's clear.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It's different to be positionally sound and if Nagelsmann says that you are permitted to go up when the chance arises.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Honestly. I don't think anything is clear. I don't even know how he will use Saliba.

Saliba will start the season. Would've been training for a couple of months, likely to be starting with Luiz. If he hits the ground running you can't drop him.

If that's the scenario and he becomes undroppable then you have to find the right partner for him, and i'd rather try out Gabriel (if he joins) than constantly use Luiz.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Saliba will start the season. Would've been training for a couple of months, likely to be starting with Luiz. If he hits the ground running you can't drop him.

If that's the scenario and he becomes undroppable then you have to find the right partner for him, and i'd rather try out Gabriel (if he joins) than constantly use Luiz.

You genuinely believe he will throw Saliba in there? Did you see what Leicester did with Soyuncu?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
You genuinely believe he will throw Saliba in there? Did you see what Leicester did with Soyuncu?

If he’s good enough he’ll play him. It’s not like he’s some scrawny 19 year old who’ll get bullied, he’s built like a brick ****house.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If he’s good enough he’ll play him. It’s not like he’s some scrawny 19 year old who’ll get bullied, he’s built like a brick ****house.

Ofcourse he will get bullied. He has been playing in France. He got completely dominated by Habib Diallo. He has no idea what to expect. You can't just throw him in there. I'd rather we developed him. I think keeping Luiz one more year is to give Saliba the time he needs.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩

Well think about it dude. Chambers, Mari and Mustafi are all going to be injured for the start of the season. Arteta has no faith in Sokratis and wants to sell Holding.

It leaves a clear path for Saliba and Luiz to start the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom