• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
If we're not back in Europe next year honestly we target young and hungry players on the way up.

Would have to pay a ridiculous premium to attract established top quality after a mid table finish

Ashybashy86

If we're not back in Europe next year honestly we target young and hungry players on the way up.

Would have to pay a ridiculous premium to attract established top quality after a mid table finish
He's 24, but give me Saïd Benrahma (played against us) and I might actually get excited watching us again. I'm all for flair when it's actually effective.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Isn't Napoli demanding near £100M for him? Is a 29 year old Koulibaly worth getting into a bidding war for?
Wow, had no idea he'll be 29 this summer. Assumed he was 26 or something.

I think Napoli will lower their asking price and he will go to a Man City or something. He'd be amazing for us but way out our price range.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Left-footed CB to pair up with Saliba
Physical, athletic CM who can beat the press and push forward
Creative #8 or #10
+
Direct left-winger

The first three are essential, the fourth is optional.

Aké, Soumaré, Ziyech, Grealish would be a nice haul. Or Gabriel Magalhães, Sangaré, Benrahma, Grealish if we have to spend less. Grealish could be seen as a creative mid signing or a LW signing, depends on the circumstance.

Last edited:

Gunner-Union

Ake, sangare/doucoure And grealish/foden
If we could get a direct left winger too then great. Also think a targetman in place of laca would help.
We need to invest big and sell a lot of players but bows the time for a big investment as I think Arteta could really lead us to success

benjamin86

Established Member
Ake, sangare/doucoure And grealish/foden
If we could get a direct left winger too then great. Also think a targetman in place of laca would help.
We need to invest big and sell a lot of players but bows the time for a big investment as I think Arteta could really lead us to success
Malang Sarr, Sangare and Buendia might be more our budget.

Gunner-Union

Not sure what our budget will be as no one ever seems to know. We are supposedly one of the richest clubs around and we need some big investment. We have decided I think that Arteta is a long term solution but without money it’s pointless

TornadoTed

Established Member
Not sure what our budget will be as no one ever seems to know. We are supposedly one of the richest clubs around and we need some big investment. We have decided I think that Arteta is a long term solution but without money it’s pointless

I agree that we need to back Mikel but we also have to be realistic. It's hard to spend big without the money the Champions League brings to the table.. Next year will be our 4th year out of it unless we win the Europa and that's a lot of money we have missed out on.

Marjorie

Thread Monopolizer
Koulibaly having a bad season and he definitely not worth 100m anymore

Thought he looked bobbins when we beat them in the Europa last season. Not convinced by him and I suspect that's the case among the top teams that appear reluctant to cough up the asking price.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Thought he looked bobbins when we beat them in the Europa last season. Not convinced by him and I suspect that's the case among the top teams that appear reluctant to cough up the asking price.
In form he quality defender but this season he been really average Napoli should've sold him last season.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

We're asset rich but cash flow is an issue and about to become a bigger one when we don't qualify for Europe at all

Considering either Auba or Laca is going, and there being a good chance Xhaka, Mustafi, Özil and some others is leaving as well, we are going to have a decent sum to work with.

On top of that, Josh Kroenke has promised us more investments and involvement this summer.

My guess is it will looks something like last summer, a big shot like Pepe, a decent squad player, couple of prospects and some loans/free transfers.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

Only a matter of time before the Arsenal rumors start. Should reopen the Ramsey thread in preparation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom